First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well..really you have to ask what risk or chance does Ford have NOT raising the MSRP ? Other than ‘ looking ‘ greedy theres no reason they would not raise the price of this or any vehicle…if doesn't sell then just discount it, esp on premium vehicles
Sponsored

stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco, 2012 F350, 2019 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’M GOING ALL CAPS ON THIS RESPONSE BECAUSE I’M PISSED.

YOUR DEALER IS LYING TO YOU. SPENT HOURS ON THE PHONE TODAY WITH FORD MARKETING. THEY DONT CALL IT PRICE PROTECTION. ITS CALLED A PRIVATE OFFER. THERE WILL BE NO PRIVATE OFFERS TO THOSE OF US THAT HAVE BEEN F’d BY FORD. YOU WILL PAY CURRENT MSRP PROVIDED THAT’S WHAT YOU SIGNED YOUR PAPERWORK FOR. IN MY CASE $105,600 OUT THE DOOR VERSUS THE $91,200 I SIGNED FOR.

F FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is true if you are getting a dealer stock order. However, if this was a Retail Order with valid COVP then you will get it for the original DORA Price. Your dealer has a rebate from Ford for the difference in Smart Vincent.

Cheezus

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I do not understand this Price Protection that the dealers are suppose to have… once I got my window sticker from FMC the price never changed. My dealer sold me my Braptor at that MSRP.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is true if you are getting a dealer stock order. However, if this was a Retail Order with valid COVP then you will get it for the original DORA Price. Your dealer has a rebate from Ford for the difference in Smart Vincent.
This is my understanding based on what my ford rep is telling me - long story short - 1st Braptor was sold out form under me after a very shockingly surprise ADM, corporate stepped in and gave a new alloc to a new dealer - my original MSRP / DORA are at 84.9 and my as built MSRP is at 98.2 so I'll know in a couple weeks when it ships and I go pickup how true all that is.

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I talked to a very nice lady at Ford Marketing. She researched it and called my dealer. But after researching mine she said the Raptor was excluded from Private offers and basically I’m screwed.

Day one, hour one reservation holder. What started out as an affordable truck for me in the mid $86K out the door has turned into a$105,600 monstrosity that no way in the world can I justify.

Thanks for nothing FORD. You suck!

Sponsored

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What you’re saying is not what Ford is saying.

Adrenalista

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’M GOING ALL CAPS ON THIS RESPONSE BECAUSE I’M PISSED.

YOUR DEALER IS LYING TO YOU. SPENT HOURS ON THE PHONE TODAY WITH FORD MARKETING. THEY DONT CALL IT PRICE PROTECTION. ITS CALLED A PRIVATE OFFER. THERE WILL BE NO PRIVATE OFFERS TO THOSE OF US THAT HAVE BEEN F’d BY FORD. YOU WILL PAY CURRENT MSRP PROVIDED THAT’S WHAT YOU SIGNED YOUR PAPERWORK FOR. IN MY CASE $105,600 OUT THE DOOR VERSUS THE $91,200 I SIGNED FOR.

F FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
InternationalRaptor - You have every reason to be upset. And I’d definitely be mad if that were me in your situation.

My dealer has been in regular contact with me monthly, even if no news. They are just honest, do business fairly and take care of your customer type of family owned dealership. Definitely the minority, but they still exist. They weren’t always “in the know” but have been open to looking into things if needed. It’s a small town dealer and my wait was longer because their allocation was smaller, but they did what they could for ME, not their pockets, and have been transparent throughout the process.

I took delivery and signed papers on Tuesday. So it’s not a theoretical situation, I did truly get the MSRP from the date of my signed order in October. The dealer will receive a rebate check from Ford for the difference.

Just a side note- In some situations the dealer does not reduce MSRP at time of sale. Probably because they don’t want to carry the deficit. But the BUYER is still qualified for the price protection discount and can receive a check direct from the dealer (after dealer is reimbursed by Ford, usually within a couple weeks).

As others have stated - price protection is only valid from date order is signed and did not carry over from the prior model year. Since the amount we are talking about was a significant difference, In my situation the regional manager from Ford corporate was consulted by the dealer, and approved it. However, ALL my paperwork details from the original order had to match exactly with what was submitted for the sale. Name/address. No changes allowed whatsoever even if I could show marriage/change of address.

The “private offer” was entirely different than the price protection. I wasn’t even aware of a “private offer” existing in my Ford profile until I called Ford directly to discuss my address change situation. So I consider it a bonus that helps alleviate the cost and hassle I have to go through for having to title out of state (to match my original order paperwork) and then transfer back to my current address.

It’s a done deal… papers signed, dealer paid, Bronco is in my garage. So I can only share my experience and I truly hope that yours resolves positively.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We’re in a new month so I’m sure Braptor price increase coming again but they will prolly wait till late in the month.

stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco, 2012 F350, 2019 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What you’re saying is not what Ford is saying.
Picked up my Bronco Raptor last week at original MSRP from last October. I was a 2022 rolled over to 2023 day one reservation. Took my dealer a couple of days to get everything sorted out as they originally presented me with the new window sticker MSRP. All information, name, address, etc. had to match the original order and COVP. My price was $9K less than the dealer’s invoice. Dealer is getting rebate from Ford, they did not do this out of kindness.

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Picked up my Bronco Raptor last week at original MSRP from last October. I was a 2022 rolled over to 2023 day one reservation. Took my dealer a couple of days to get everything sorted out as they originally presented me with the new window sticker MSRP. All information, name, address, etc. had to match the original order and COVP. My price was $9K less than the dealer’s invoice. Dealer is getting rebate from Ford, they did not do this out of kindness.
So you’re saying there’s still a chance?

Sponsored

Cartlin

Raptor
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F150 short bed
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My BRaptor just arrived Friday. I had been given a price on a "retail order" in April '23 at MSRP which is now $2500 higher on the window sticker. So I will check with the dealer if they can at least honor the price from April. I had no signed paperwork. Dealer simply told me I could have one allocation since someone else dropped off their wait list sometime in 2022.

Cartlin

Raptor
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F150 short bed
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My BRaptor just arrived Friday. I had been given a price on a "retail order" in April '23 at MSRP which is now $2500 higher on the window sticker. So I will check with the dealer if they can at least honor the price from April. I had no signed paperwork. Dealer simply told me I could have one allocation since someone else dropped off their wait list sometime in 2022.
It seems I may be eligible for some price protection from Dec. I have no idea what the price was beginning of Dec. '22 when my order was entered, but they are looking it up. I'm told I need to pay the full sticker price then Ford will issue a refund within 3 months.

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It seems I may be eligible for some price protection from Dec. I have no idea what the price was beginning of Dec. '22 when my order was entered, but they are looking it up. I'm told I need to pay the full sticker price then Ford will issue a refund within 3 months.

That means YOU are paying the additional sales tax on the difference between when it was ordered and delivered. In my case $900.

Adrenalista

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That means YOU are paying the additional sales tax on the difference between when it was ordered and delivered. In my case $900.
Yes, it’s the dealer’s discretion if they take it off and float the difference (on their books for the duration it takes Ford to payout) at time of sale. Not all dealers are willing to carry this expense Or as in this case, the customer pays sticker but gets a cash refund from Ford. 3 months seems a bit long, most seem to be getting their checks quicker.

It’s advantageous to the buyer to get the discount up front. For sales tax and financing interest rate/payment savings. But some customers would rather have cash in hand and use it for upgrades or whatever. So it can go both ways.
Sponsored