E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford just sold a lot more Ranger Raptors with this increase.
As though the Ranger Raptor will be immune to the demand issues and future price increases…
Sponsored

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco/Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Preach! Listen, no one likes ADMs, but those who were screaming “not to buy” and influenced those that had 5-10k markup is just a crying shame. What bothers me is the absolute arrogance of certain ppl and their confidence in what tomorrow brings. I feel bad for ppl that have gotten pushed, but those who “passed” on a slight markup…….now that’s a shanda.
Anyone who thought Braptors would/will sell at MSRP any time soon did not do their research on the historic trends of F-150 Raptors. They can be found at MSRP (minus 37 or R) now but the price has gone up significantly over the last 13 years. However, nobody (besides maybe the Ford finance and marketing departments) could have predicted a 30% increase in 1 year for the Braptor. I think people claiming or they knew or speculated their ADM would be standard price for the same product in a little less than a year are being blissfully dishonest with themselves.

The real question is, did Ford increase the price based upon inflation/increased production costs, or because the ADM/Flipper prices were realized profit loss and they adjusted their marketing and pricing accordingly to match what someone is willing to pay? One thing is for sure, slim chance the prices will ever go down for every model year going forward.

ATXGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSQ8
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My concern about getting screwed is actually with Ford corporate- not the dealer. I don’t think my dealer is intentionally trying anything shady. They don’t charge ADM on anything, either orders or in stock inventory. Just because they want their customers to know that they didn’t gouge them and have a good relationship long term. This really is a VERY small dealership and the owner and staff know me by name. The kind of place you walk in and ask if the owner is in and they say “Ya, just walk into his office”. My conversation with the owner is that he just doesn’t know if any price protections apply. And if there is they will bring it up to their Ford rep. They haven’t had any carry over orders, and this is their first and only Raptor. So they don’t know what they don’t know.

So question is, will Ford compensate them for the earlier 23MY MSRP ($82k) which is what I still have showing up in my order status on the Ford website or will Ford hold to invoicing on what the dealer sees in their system which is now in the $90s.

What do I need to guide the dealer on to help make this price protection happen?

When I looked at the ‘23 price protection thread on the forum, it seemed like Raptor was excluded from any protections from year to year. OK. But what about same year increases, is a bRaptor order protected from those?
I’m in your same position. Lmk what you find out!

Adrenalista

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Within the same year meaning 2023 order, you have price protections on the braptor, I know that info is on this site. Price protections come in the form of rebates via Fords Vincent system, your dealer should be able to see what your order is calculated at. When you get the window sticker, that MSRP most likely won't reflect any of this.
I’m in your same position. Lmk what you find out!
My dealer confirmed that they could honor the MSRP price from the time the Raptor order was placed in the system in ‘23. No additional cost for me to carry. Which was my preference because I don’t want to finance a higher amount. They will manage the rebate direct with Ford on their side.
Also, it helped that when I check my order status on Ford.com it shows the lower MSRP from when my carryover order from ‘22 went back into the system for ‘23.

Has anyone had any luck getting additional Ford points/credit with their Raptor purchase? I think there used to be a discretionary program for those that had order delays, or were original reservation holders. Is that customer goodwill program still around?

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Preach! Listen, no one likes ADMs, but those who were screaming “not to buy” and influenced those that had 5-10k markup is just a crying shame. What bothers me is the absolute arrogance of certain ppl and their confidence in what tomorrow brings. I feel bad for ppl that have gotten pushed, but those who “passed” on a slight markup…….now that’s a shanda.
There are mitigating factors. I don't think too many folks passed up a $5k ADM. I know anecdotally of others who also jumped in at $10k ADM. $5k was the absolute best I could find, and despite swearing I would never pay an ADM, my lust got the best of me and I agreed to do so. The price increases just in '23 now have me in some way "ahead of the game".

HIndsight is 20-20...

Sponsored

Adrenalista

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The real question is, did Ford increase the price based upon inflation/increased production costs, or because the ADM/Flipper prices were realized profit loss and they adjusted their marketing and pricing accordingly to match what someone is willing to pay? One thing is for sure, slim chance the prices will ever go down for every model year going forward.
Im sure they’ve been impacted by inflation. But nowhere near the extent that the pricing has increased. It’s a convenient and partial excuse but not the complete truth.

My take on it… Ford is closing the gap with the ADM market and higher used car sales. It helps price protect the used market from a steep drop in the inflated prices. Keeping the longer term value of these vehicles strong. Which factors into Ford/Raptor’s market ratings. It’s a strategic move that gives them higher profitability now and a stronger residual value which will help them compete better with Jeep.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am guessing a good portion of the MSRP increase is Ford Motor Company saw all the 15-20K ADM's, couldn't stop dealers from doing it. Saw people were paying it. So they decided they wanted some of the money. Its up 17K from when orders were first accepted.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My dealer confirmed that they could honor the MSRP price from the time the Raptor order was placed in the system in ‘23. No additional cost for me to carry. Which was my preference because I don’t want to finance a higher amount. They will manage the rebate direct with Ford on their side.
Also, it helped that when I check my order status on Ford.com it shows the lower MSRP from when my carryover order from ‘22 went back into the system for ‘23.

Has anyone had any luck getting additional Ford points/credit with their Raptor purchase? I think there used to be a discretionary program for those that had order delays, or were original reservation holders. Is that customer goodwill program still around?
As far as points, I got purchase (42k) and reservation (20k) points only, there weren't any additional goodwill points.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone who thought Braptors would/will sell at MSRP any time soon did not do their research on the historic trends of F-150 Raptors. They can be found at MSRP (minus 37 or R) now but the price has gone up significantly over the last 13 years. However, nobody (besides maybe the Ford finance and marketing departments) could have predicted a 30% increase in 1 year for the Braptor. I think people claiming or they knew or speculated their ADM would be standard price for the same product in a little less than a year are being blissfully dishonest with themselves.

Lots of people these days are willing to pay more for vehicles. It's a socially acceptable and expected thing now apparently. The prices will keep going up, as long as all these buyers are willing to pay.

When Ford first introduced the base 2-door Bronco at 28k, I thought great, sign me up. Yet people started throwing 50-60k at top model versions, and more at these Raptor versions. Few people (even thoughs without much money) want low cost vehicles anymore. If all these people are willing to spend, makes sense for Ford to keep jacking up the prices.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
So now my unscheduled and unbuilt unit that was $75,500 13 months ago when first ordered is now $93,420. (y)
Ford will most likely push you to 2024, thereby negating all of your price protection. That's the plan. Ford already announced no price protections of your aren't built in 2023.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I received 42,000 ford app reward points when I purchased my 2023 Warthog. I called customers service and I asked why I did not received points when I purchased my 2021 F150 Raptor and they said you should have and within 1 hr of talking to them, I received another 42,000 points.

:)

rzarezai

Badlands
First Name
Rezai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EG Badlands Sas, 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't believe how much they have gone up in a few months. While I have a hard time reconciling the number, what seemed to be a steal at 70K Starting, now seems to be pushing the bounds at ~90K starting.

So I must ask the question, hypothetically if I am able to get a Raptor at current MSRP, is it worth it? Objectively speaking. Also I'm wondering if they ever reverse course and lower the prices which then screws over people that purchase at current price.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Only you can decide if it's "worth it". Highly depends on how long you want to own it and how you'll use it. Highly unlikely new prices will ever drop. Also, if you can get one at MSRP now, most agree that is rare and a great deal. Flipping is still possible. Look at price and prices trends on Bring a Trailer.

Adrenalista

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just took delivery of my Bronco Raptor. Here’s how all the pricing played out.
1) Dealer honored the Oct ‘22 MSRP from when order was resubmitted as a ‘23 after carryover from ‘22. Caveats to this, my address since the order was placed has changed. Ford would only honor that pricing if the paperwork for purchase matched my previous address. Even though everything in Ford’s system other than the order paperwork has my correct/current address. An absolute pain in the rear now because now I’m juggling all kinds of things to title this out of state. But the $$s saved is huge.

2) I was able to utilize a Private Cash Offer. It could be applied to the purchase price or get a check from the dealer. This is entirely different than MSRP price protection. I only found this out because I contacted Ford about the address issue… and learned that I had a valid private cash offer for $3,620 good until July ‘23. Ford gave me the certificate number. Which was good because the dealer couldn’t find it in the system without the number. So that was able to be applied. I haven’t heard this mentioned, so worth looking into if you had an early reservation or model year carryover. In my case I had a Day 1 reservation for a First Edition. Got a golden ticket for Raptor in ‘22 but no allocation. Those factors may have contributed to getting the private cash offer. I never received a communication from Ford with this info, so it was news to me.

Hope this info helps someone else.

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

I’M GOING ALL CAPS ON THIS RESPONSE BECAUSE I’M PISSED.

YOUR DEALER IS LYING TO YOU. SPENT HOURS ON THE PHONE TODAY WITH FORD MARKETING. THEY DONT CALL IT PRICE PROTECTION. ITS CALLED A PRIVATE OFFER. THERE WILL BE NO PRIVATE OFFERS TO THOSE OF US THAT HAVE BEEN F’d BY FORD. YOU WILL PAY CURRENT MSRP PROVIDED THAT’S WHAT YOU SIGNED YOUR PAPERWORK FOR. IN MY CASE $105,600 OUT THE DOOR VERSUS THE $91,200 I SIGNED FOR.

F FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored