Sponsored

2023 new bronco big bend hard top V6: Worth it at sticker?

Cameront9

Big Bend
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had a similar dilemma, it really depends how much you want one. And hard tops are a hard find at MSRP.
I wanted the BD or OBX with the 4.27, and wanted a V6 hard top. But same I'm mostly going to be on the road, and won't be doing any crazy off roading so I wasn't willing to walk away over gearing and lockers. The 3.73 if fine for a road car, it just doesn't handle bigger tires as well. 4H should get you through most Michigan snow too.
I had found a soft top V6 Big Bend, eruption green that i wanted, tan interior, mid package, and towing for MSRP. I knew I wasn't going to find a deal like that anytime soon and so far I love it. I can upgrade most things for cheaper than what I would've paid for a higher trim. I'll wait until they catch up on orders and figure out hardtops and I'll upgrade then.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello all, first post here. I was lucky to find an abandoned order at sticker.
Is it worth it? see build below.
I did really want the modular bumper and the tow package...
I'm in Michigan.
Thanks in advance.
big bend.JPG
I would offer $1000 under sticker, tell them it doesn't have advanced 4x4 or even a rear locker (they won't know that you don't care about that).

Tow package is worth the money vs the hassle of DIY 7 pin, but if you only need a 4 pin, it's not worth it.

Modular bumper is absolutely not worth the money, better options exist.

You can get this look for less money using the stock bumper.

Ford Bronco 2023 new bronco big bend hard top V6: Worth it at sticker? IMG_20221024_174448

With steel bash plate and tow hooks for $450.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is the 3.73 gearing an issue if using this as a daily driver and not much (if any) off road use?
Remember that the traction control in the Bronco is pretty good even without lockers, even though lockers are more capable, any Bronco will surprise you with how capable it is - even the base model.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is the 3.73 gearing an issue if using this as a daily driver and not much (if any) off road use?
Absolutely no issue if you keep tires stock size.

clmh

Big Bend
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I ended up with something similar and was willing to pay just under sticker (but not quite down to A/Z Plan) because of the hard top. While the soft top has redeeming qualities, Iā€™m in Michigan and just couldnā€™t do it. The vehicle was 95% of what I was looking for. I paid for a few more options than I really wanted, but in the end, I have my Bronco and Iā€™m happy that I do. I may not be able to do hard core off roading, but Iā€™m not sure, as a novice, how hard core I plan to get.

Ultimately, itā€™s a personal decision. The hardtop would be at least $5k aftermarket so thatā€™s where I found the value. The prices just went up and donā€™t look to be coming down anytime soon.

Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Big Bend is a great model line. I chose no locker or lower gears cause I tow my boat everyday, pop up camping trailer and little off-road here and there. My 3.73 gear selection is optimal for towing those things mentioned. I run 37" tires and with my Flashcal I reprogrammed the Bronco for 37's and my RPM's are normal and my transmission shifts smoothly. I have no real use for lockers or lower gears.

OP already mentioned he is NOT going to be using this for off-road purposes much. So having no lockers and 3.73 gears is just fine. Having lockers and lower gears is not what makes a Bronco a Bronco. Everyone wants to trash talk a model line cause of gears and lockers, geez Louise ppl's minds are so narrow and always get a thread off track from the real question of the OP. If this Bronco suits your needs, without all the mumbo jumbo BS everyone's talking about, then buy it. It is sticker price and no ADM. I say buy it and enjoy it sir. There's a Bronco for everyone's need.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Absolutely no issue if you keep tires stock size.
No, it is just fine. I have 3.73's and 37's daily driver towing my boat daily. No issues what so ever.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The Big Bend is a great model line. I chose no locker or lower gears cause I tow my boat everyday, pop up camping trailer and little off-road here and there. My 3.73 gear selection is optimal for towing those things mentioned. I run 37" tires and with my Flashcal I reprogrammed the Bronco for 37's and my RPM's are normal and my transmission shifts smoothly. I have no real use for lockers or lower gears.
3.73's and 37's is nowhere near optimal for towing. You can't be serious. šŸ˜‚

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The 3.73 open diff would be a deal-breaker for me. I have a 4dr BB (although a 2.3L) without too many mods other than 33" tires and having the 4.27 e-locker has been worth it's weight in gold off-road.
Agreed. The rear Locker makes a non-sasquatch Bronco much more capable, and the 4.27 axle allows for some tire up-sizing.

Sponsored

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No not worth itā€¦.so, where is this anywayā€¦asking for a friend.

yeah, it is worth it

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
3.73's and 37's is nowhere near optimal for towing. You can't be serious. šŸ˜‚
Yes I am serious, I see nothing comical about my choices, everything works as intended.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes I am serious, I see nothing comical about my choices, everything works as intended.
If you're intention was to put your drivetrain at a mechanical disadvantage you definitely succeeded.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you're intention was to put your drivetrain at a mechanical disadvantage you definitely succeeded.
How about you worry about your drive train, and less about mine.

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wouldn't buy it solely because 3.73's and open diffs :sick:

If you don't care about that, go for it. tow hitch can be easily installed and mod bumpers can be bought 2nd hand for $500ish

blue sticker = dealer order
If anyone wants to get rid of their mod bumper for $500 and is within four hours of D.C., let me know. Iā€™d be glad to take it off your hands. Last one I saw was on eBay for $1,200 + a pound of flesh for shipping.
Sponsored