Sponsored

2023 new bronco big bend hard top V6: Worth it at sticker?

new to bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello all, first post here. I was lucky to find an abandoned order at sticker.
Is it worth it? see build below.
I did really want the modular bumper and the tow package...
I'm in Michigan.
Thanks in advance.
Ford Bronco 2023 new bronco big bend hard top V6: Worth it at sticker? big bend.JPG
Sponsored

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's only a good deal if it's what you want.

With that said, I would not get hung up on mod bumper or tow package. There's already a lot of aftermarket bumpers and people have added even the 7-pin tow aftermarket.

That's not an abandoned order as the window sticker is blue. It's a dealer order.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I wouldn't buy it solely because 3.73's and open diffs :sick:

If you don't care about that, go for it. tow hitch can be easily installed and mod bumpers can be bought 2nd hand for $500ish

blue sticker = dealer order

OP
OP
new to bronco

new to bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks guys, yes, I actually knew blue= dealer order; green= customer order but got distracted/forgot with the excitment of finding one at sticker!

One more question: I once read here that there is a less "desirable" trim? I can't remember which one though...Is it the big bend or outer banks?

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not that is less desirable. It has different gears, suspension, differential and other 4X4 options than say a Badlands. Also different grill, cloth vs MGV, rinse out floors, It’s all in what you need or want.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks guys, yes, I actually knew blue= dealer order; green= customer order but got distracted/forgot with the excitment of finding one at sticker!

One more question: I once read here that there is a less "desirable" trim? I can't remember which one though...Is it the big bend or outer banks?
The sticker color doesn’t really matter, my order came with a Blue sticker so that doesn’t mean crap in my book. If it is what you are looking for then do it, the tow package will be easy enough to add later and you can find mod bumpers on here every so often.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The 3.73 open diff would be a deal-breaker for me. I have a 4dr BB (although a 2.3L) without too many mods other than 33" tires and having the 4.27 e-locker has been worth it's weight in gold off-road.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Another pass because of no rear locker, and 3.73 gearing. Those are worth far more than you pay at sticker, and no easy was to remedy it.

Listedguru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Another pass because of no rear locker, and 3.73 gearing. Those are worth far more than you pay at sticker, and no easy was to remedy it.
Is the 3.73 gearing an issue if using this as a daily driver and not much (if any) off road use?

Sponsored

Bronco1020

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 f150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Buy it if you want it, don’t worry about our opinion. I am picking up a dealer ordered base model here soon. Wasn’t what I initially wanted, but now I’m excited for the clean slate and simplicity. My only complaint is that it doesn’t have the aux switches or the locker, but it’s going to spend most of its life on paved roads anyway.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is the 3.73 gearing an issue if using this as a daily driver and not much (if any) off road use?
None what so ever. I would still pass and get a better trim like a Base or a Black Diamond. Big Bend is a solid $4k more for zero added equipment.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you never plan on going bigger than 32" tires, the gearing is a non-issue (Lots of people plan on going larger, that's where the issue lies). The rear locker is the biggest issue driving in the snow-belt. The gearing and the locker come together.

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd have a hard time paying the ridiculous premium for a Big Bend over a Base when the Big Bend didn't option the rear locker.

You are basically paying an extra 6-grand for heated seats.
Sponsored