Sponsored

2023 new bronco big bend hard top V6: Worth it at sticker?

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a Big Bend I bought at MSRP. I do have Aux switches though and love them. but those easily be replicated with an aftermarket solution that is not complicated.
Sponsored

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve seen dozens of these threads asking about an off the lot Big Bend. I bought a BB just like you described but with a soft top and the 2.3.

I absolutely love it. I’ve done light off roading with no issues, upgraded to slightly bigger tires (33” KO2s), drove it all winter (snowed a ton here in MN) with a smile on my face the entire time.

If having a Bronco right now is more important than having a rear locker, 4.27 gearing, and 4wd auto then absolutely jump on this Bronco.

If you’re going to do minimal or light off roading I think your totally fine with the BB.

Only you know how you’ll use the vehicle but if it is like I described above, I think you’ll be happy you have a Bronco now. Also if you get around to wanting more capabilities you can always trade it in when Broncos aren’t so hard to get.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lot's of people talking about other features on different trim broncos but that's not your question. You wanted tow and modular bumper, both can be added after you take delivery easily (except a 7 pin tow controller). That being said a 4 door big bend is the easiest build Ford can make, in fact many dealers have gotten dealer stock of this model. I wouldn't pay a cent over MSRP for this trim, but MSRP is fair. Once you get into SAS and Lux, specifically with Badlands and Wildtrak's you start getting into serious ADM territory. Seems like dealers are still commanding $10k for those models and with Ford restricting ordering of SAS, Lux, Hardtop it'll only get worse for this year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
new to bronco

new to bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Shout out to Varsity FORD in Ann Arbor, MI.
My son picked off the lot a 4-door big bend with 2.7L V6 engine and hard top at sticker, no ADM nor forced add-ons. I was surprised they "only" charge $75 doc fee, our hometown dealer an hour away charges like $230 doc fee.
Salesman Donovan was great to work with. My 21-year old son did the deal all by himself with Donovan.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Is the 3.73 gearing an issue if using this as a daily driver and not much (if any) off road use?
Absolutely not. You don't need the lower gearing if you don't off-road or even if you do mild off roading. If you don't plan on putting massive tires on your vehicle, the lower gears aren't needed. The lower gearing is a big advantage on road as you'll get a little better gas mileage as your engine won't rev as high.

Sponsored

Listedguru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve seen dozens of these threads asking about an off the lot Big Bend. I bought a BB just like you described but with a soft top and the 2.3.

I absolutely love it. I’ve done light off roading with no issues, upgraded to slightly bigger tires (33” KO2s), drove it all winter (snowed a ton here in MN) with a smile on my face the entire time.

If having a Bronco right now is more important than having a rear locker, 4.27 gearing, and 4wd auto then absolutely jump on this Bronco.

If you’re going to do minimal or light off roading I think your totally fine with the BB.

Only you know how you’ll use the vehicle but if it is like I described above, I think you’ll be happy you have a Bronco now. Also if you get around to wanting more capabilities you can always trade it in when Broncos aren’t so hard to get.
So no issues driving in the snow in MN without 4A? Did you find yourself using 4H a lot or did it go through the snow in 2wd just fine?

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The lower gearing is a big advantage on road as you'll get a little better gas mileage as your engine won't rev as high.
I'm not sure how much of a difference it really makes because I average about 19 MPG with the 4.27 gears on mine.

then again it doesn't get any better at highway speeds either lol

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No issues with snow in my 3.73 open rear end on my BB. Also when I took it off roading, I kept up with everybody else. Did get myself into trouble in one spot, but that was driver/spotter error and lack of clearance lol.

Ford Bronco 2023 new bronco big bend hard top V6: Worth it at sticker? IMG_20220530_114632

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just ordered the parts for the 4 pin trailer tow this AM. It was about $550 for the parts. I'll probably have my dealer install them next time I'm in.

However, not difficult to add. I don't plan to do crazy towing with it, so that's good for my needs.

Bumper isn't too much of an issue either. Others brought up good points, but it seems like a decent deal to me.

I like the idea of offering under and seeing what they say. Since you are already a little on the fence, if you lose out on the deal and don't get this Bronco, you won't be crying yourself to sleep, so nothing to lose.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just ordered the parts for the 4 pin trailer tow this AM. It was about $550 for the parts. I'll probably have my dealer install them next time I'm in.

However, not difficult to add. I don't plan to do crazy towing with it, so that's good for my needs.

Bumper isn't too much of an issue either. Others brought up good points, but it seems like a decent deal to me.

I like the idea of offering under and seeing what they say. Since you are already a little on the fence, if you lose out on the deal and don't get this Bronco, you won't be crying yourself to sleep, so nothing to lose.
$550 for the parts, I take it you bought a Ford kit? The Curt parts costs about $200, and installing the hitch (not wiring) takes 5-10 minutes. I'm guessing the dealership will charge you $150 for those 5 minutes.

Sponsored

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes Ford kit.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So no issues driving in the snow in MN without 4A? Did you find yourself using 4H a lot or did it go through the snow in 2wd just fine?
I’m 38 and this is the first time I’ve ever owned a vehicle that I needed to switch between 2WD and 4WD. I watched a few videos on what conditions you should and should not engage it. That was all I needed and I learned quickly. The Bronco did very well in 2WD and when needed it was super simple to swap back and forth. Auto would be better but it’s certainly not necessary.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I'm not sure how much of a difference it really makes because I average about 19 MPG with the 4.27 gears on mine.

then again it doesn't get any better at highway speeds either lol
My bad. I meant to say that the higher hearing is an advantage on the highway.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend