Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 22 Badlands 2.3 just got a new long block, turbo and alternator at 32k miles. I swear it sounds quieter, better and is a bit stronger than the original. I never gave piping in sounds a thought but it makes perfect sense. BMW has done it for years. I bought the BMW equivalent of Forescan and turned sound enhancement off In my M2 Competition. Just couldnā€™t have an unnatural sound in a high performance car. A noticeable difference that surprisingly, I didnā€™t like. Ultimately turned the sound enhancement back on. Itā€™s hard to describe how it changes the sound, but it does, in what I think is a good way. Itā€™s so very subtle. Iā€™d think it would be easy for Ford to slipstream it into a vehicle in for service.

Thanks to @RagnarKon for your efforts.
OP seems to like it better as well
Sponsored

bkirchhoff

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW: '07 328xi, '13 X1, '75 R90/6, '12 R1200GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This explains it! I had test driven an older 2.3 w/ 7MT before taking delivery of my ā€˜24 2.3 7MT and immediately upon driving it off the lot I thought ā€œthis sounds much better than I remember!ā€ I do t care if itā€™s fake honestly. It sounds more like a real engine with that fake noise added and gives me the auditory cues I want to have when shifting. Itā€™s funny, but I have no reason to turn that off. I really like how it sounds.

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

All I can say is WOW... I was wondering about this. When i drove my 2024 for the first time I was pleasantly surprised at the sound of the engine. It was not how others had described the 2.3L at all. In fact it was the one thing I was regretting about not getting the 2.7L 6cyl. I personally have been loving it regardless of how it produced. It's also very subtle so doesn't really create a lot of distracting noises in the cabin, just gives the engine and car some personality.
I will see if I can record some of the sound...
If I want loud and intoxicating I just hop in my GT350.... that exhaust is the "opus" of sports car exhausts. check out 2 minutes into this video..

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently traded in my 22 Big Bend mid package for a 21 Badlands Lux package Bronco and from the moment I drove it thought it sounded different, frankly much better. You're telling me that is fake engine sounds? Wow! Don't really care if it is but that is weird.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What is the true reason car makers do this? Iā€™m honestly missing something here. I have read through a billion posts on how loud the Bronco is and how to deaden the sound to get it quiet. Isnā€™t adding fake noise just adding to the conundrum? Iā€™m not trying to be negative about it but I truly donā€™t get it. For my money Iā€™d rather have a vehicle with a library quiet interior than a noisy one.

My parents mid ā€˜70s Lincoln town car was like a vacuum of emptiness when you shut the doors, like wearing noise cancelling earphones, it was quiet amazing.

Guess cabin quietness isnā€™t a ā€˜thingā€™ anymore? Yesā€¦this post shows I am ancient.

Sponsored

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 BaseSAS / ā€˜21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can I add some fake noise to my 2.7l?

fiatlux

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V60 T8 Polestar Engineered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can I add some fake noise to my 2.7l?
Maybe you can turn it on with Forscan? Would probably be in the ACM section if itā€™s there. Iā€™ll give it a go today for kicks.

RobWTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We mounted a GoPro camera to the windshield on my wife's '16 Transit Connect just to try it out as a dash cam (work truck), and when I was playing back the video, it had a pretty deep engine sound. I felt like it was a Hollywood movie, where they add sounds that make a 6 cylinder Mustang take off and have the V8 rumble. It really did not sound at all like a little 4 banger.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What is the true reason car makers do this? Iā€™m honestly missing something here. I have read through a billion posts on how loud the Bronco is and how to deaden the sound to get it quiet. Isnā€™t adding fake noise just adding to the conundrum? Iā€™m not trying to be negative about it but I truly donā€™t get it. For my money Iā€™d rather have a vehicle with a library quiet interior than a noisy one.

My parents mid ā€˜70s Lincoln town car was like a vacuum of emptiness when you shut the doors, like wearing noise cancelling earphones, it was quiet amazing.

Guess cabin quietness isnā€™t a ā€˜thingā€™ anymore? Yesā€¦this post shows I am ancient.
Emission regulations have forced automakers to put smaller engines into larger cars. The result, gobs of power out of a small engine... and the sound of a chattering wet fart with an intermittent hair dryer thrown in for good measure. :LOL: To counter it, they pipe in "good" engine sounds in hopes that you don't mind or don't notice. Mind you, only those inside the car are being fooled. Everyone else can hear what it really sounds like.

Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have read through a billion posts on how loud the Bronco is and how to deaden the sound to get it quiet. Isnā€™t adding fake noise just adding to the conundrum?
Well, most are trying to deaden the sound of the top, and the engine noise being piped in through the speakers can actually help cover the wind noise. One might expect to hear engine noise, so it's not as "annoying" as hearing the top.

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Guess I'm in the minority here, but I like the sound of my '21 2.3l... it gives me a little bit of a desiel vibe.

Plus, fuck that fake noise BS. Accepting fake engine noise as normal sounds like one of those "slippery slope" deals that, in the end, leads to the justification of that sex doll purchase šŸ˜‰.

Last edited:

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would be awesome if somebody figured out how to hack the software to replace the .wav file or whatever they use w/whatever sound you wanted! Like a J79 turbojet, or a 2stroke chainsaw engine? Now that would be a KILLER mod!

Last edited:

FoxFour281

Black Diamond
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 02 Expedition EB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I recently traded in my 22 Big Bend mid package for a 21 Badlands Lux package Bronco and from the moment I drove it thought it sounded different, frankly much better. You're telling me that is fake engine sounds? Wow! Don't really care if it is but that is weird.
Badlands Lux package has more sound deadening that big bend mid, particularly on the firewall and hood.

FoxFour281

Black Diamond
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 02 Expedition EB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Guess I'm in the minority here, but I like the sound of my '21 2.3l... it gives me a little bit of a desiel vibe.

Plus, fuck that fake noise BS. Accepting fake engine noise as normal sounds like one of those "slippery slope" deals that, in the end, leads to the justification of that sex doll purchase šŸ˜‰.
The 2.3 makes noises that sound like the Ford Golden Jubilee tractors of yesteryears. šŸ˜†

My old ecoboost mustang had the ANC engine sounds. The trick to disable that was to unplug the mic located back of the headliner.
Sponsored