Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
*Anchorman I don't believe you.gif*

Do you really think yours isn't loud compared to a Camry, Volvo wagon, or Prius?
I drove a Prius for the 20 years prior to my Bronco. The sound level to my ear is identical. With that said the Prius wasn’t exactly a luxury ride. The Bronco may be louder than what some people are used to but I carry on normal level conversations at highway speeds all the time in my hard top OuterBanks and it’s far more exciting to drive.
Sponsored

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1707844880896.png

When I'm having fun, my cluster doesn't even exist to me. Hell, when i was racing motorcycles we would put masking tap over everything but the tach. It would be nice if the analog gauge was the tach and not a second speedo.
Best scene in that movie we use it all the time😂

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford logic, the market share of the Bronco is in last place behind jeep and Toyota; let's increase prices. The lower cost entry points simply get people into the platform and get them loving. When they want more,let them trade up. Cycle the used market down the income levels, and again, let them trade up. So what if more people bought leather and vinyl, getting rid of cloth was dumb. One self defeating short term vision decision after another.
Ford is making lots of money off the Bronco, why dulite that just to gain market share? Ask Pre 2009 GM how well having the best selling cars worked out for them...spoiler alert they went Bankrupt.

Ford gives two shits about the used car market

Deanh

Raptor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2 dr stick shift, 23 Braptor,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just picked up my 2024 Wildtrack today, drove it from the dealer to my house(16 miles) and i was ready for a loud and bumpy ride(coming from a BMW X6 M50I) and I got to say I was very Impressed having owned two wranglers.
Very Happy!
my guess is it may be subjective to an extent, some people may have issues with the noise, some donet, but some just like to whine and be argumentative....internet 101

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes I did compare the bronco+ and bmw+ because that is what the article and most folks compare (apples and oranges)…the bronco is not uncomfortable but not on par either…
My Model A has a pretty basic stereo system with infinity reference 6x9 speakers behind my head with 100 watt rms x2 amp and Bluetooth receiver under the seat along with a cheap CV powered sub on the roof…
IMG_1864.jpeg

Sorry the old Bronco and CJ2 are long gone but were both daily drivers for at least part of their life and I miss them (only so much room/money)…
First of all...boo on the CJ2A and Bronco. The world and science lose on that one, but I get it.
Second, I hope to someday see this Model A bumping @Oldhippie 's Spotify Hot Fire Playlist just as Henry Ford intended when he added the optional Infinity Stereo upgrade in the 30s.

Sponsored

Alfabeast

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Giulia Q4 Sport Ti, 1983 Alfa GTV6 2.5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford really needs to get their act together. I love my 2022 4 door Black Diamond. The dealer experience was bad with a rude take it or leave it as they screwed me on my trade in. Real slimy. Service dept is good which is a big reason I bought it.

Improved interior materials would be my #1, plus improved side windows on the soft top.

40K trouble free miles in 2 years, comfy ride on smooth roads. I did some mild off road stuff and the suspension is awesome.

The seats are way better than those tight contoured ones in the Jeep Wrangler.

But still, Ford, could you just improve on what wasn't so great on the launch?

p.s just bought 2 new Mazda's for my kids after getting screwed by the dealer so that cost the Blue Oval $70K. Wake up Ford. You can't survive on F150's forever. Or EV BS.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford really needs to get their act together. I love my 2022 4 door Black Diamond. The dealer experience was bad with a rude take it or leave it as they screwed me on my trade in. Real slimy. Service dept is good which is a big reason I bought it.

Improved interior materials would be my #1, plus improved side windows on the soft top.

40K trouble free miles in 2 years, comfy ride on smooth roads. I did some mild off road stuff and the suspension is awesome.

The seats are way better than those tight contoured ones in the Jeep Wrangler.

But still, Ford, could you just improve on what wasn't so great on the launch?

p.s just bought 2 new Mazda's for my kids after getting screwed by the dealer so that cost the Blue Oval $70K. Wake up Ford. You can't survive on F150's forever. Or EV BS.
You are conflating the dealer with Ford. Those dealer issues are things Ford legally cannot control due to state franchise laws.
I never trade in a vehicle because I figure that's just another way to throw money out the door. Anyone who thinks they got a great deal on a trade-in doesn't realize the other way(s) they were raked on the deal. If you didn't like the trade-in value they gave, why not sell it yourself? If it wasn't worth your time to sell it yourself, then you decided what they offered was good.

Alfabeast

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are conflating the dealer with Ford. Those dealer issues are things Ford legally cannot control due to state franchise laws.
I never trade in a vehicle because I figure that's just another way to throw money out the door. Anyone who thinks they got a great deal on a trade-in doesn't realize the other way(s) they were raked on the deal. If you didn't like the trade-in value they gave, why not sell it yourself? If it wasn't worth your time to sell it yourself, then you decided what they offered was good.
They just take the equity x 5% mass sales tax I'm avoiding on the trade and deduct from the value. Easy math. But telling me my sparkling clean 10 month old car and shoving a carfax quote listing it as "fair condition" is where the slime factor comes in. I worked for a Ford supplier for 33 years and know a few insiders. #1 mistake was their selection of the top supplier whose expertise was on sliding sunroofs, not large thermoplastic parts.

But yeah, I hear you on selling it myself.

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford is assuming all the initial Bronco mania with a lot of buyers willing to pay ADM will continue with a higher MSRP. "hey, we will sell it to you at this higher MSRP - no ADM (cough, cough) - please buy". They also may be trying to pull a Jeep where they have huge mark-ups on their cost and when the economy is bad you see Jeep dealers offer pretty steep discounts where they still make money. Well, interests rates are very high and while inflation has slowed, groceries are still 40% more than 3 years ago and will never go down. The low interests rates of several years ago to borrow are gone. Will be interesting to see how this plays out, but as of right now I think Ford has priced a lot of would-be Bronco buyers out.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is assuming all the initial Bronco mania with a lot of buyers willing to pay ADM will continue with a higher MSRP. "hey, we will sell it to you at this higher MSRP - no ADM (cough, cough) - please buy". They also may be trying to pull a Jeep where they have huge mark-ups on their cost and when the economy is bad you see Jeep dealers offer pretty steep discounts where they still make money. Well, interests rates are very high and while inflation has slowed, groceries are still 40% more than 3 years ago and will never go down. The low interests rates of several years ago to borrow are gone. Will be interesting to see how this plays out, but as of right now I think Ford has priced a lot of would-be Bronco buyers out.
What you’ve described is exactly how the Big Three have done sales for ages. And customers take the bait with rebates and low/zero financing. It’s worked long enough that it’s fair to say that it probably will still work.

Sponsored

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What you’ve described is exactly how the Big Three have done sales for ages. And customers take the bait with rebates and low/zero financing. It’s worked long enough that it’s fair to say that it probably will still work.
All auto makers do it to an extent. However, Jeep took it to the extreme with the Wrangler and got away with it for decades - and still is. On the sibling Wrangler forum to this one you will see a lot of posts on how they could not afford a new Wrangler with same features they bought 4 years ago. Bronco is now the only other player in that segment and is also pushing the edges on price. Auto makers can't do this on all models to the extent you always saw on the Wrangler and now the Bronco. Still, there is inflation everywhere. Auto prices did not inflate much from 2000 to 2015. Since then, and especially the past three years, price increases all over have gotten pretty serious as consumer buying power has dropped with home buying/rent/groceries - everything going up more than wages.

EDIT: From a JL forum:

Sales will continue to decline, number of trims will follow. A Tesla model 3 can be had for 32k after all rebates and incentives. You will be surprised how many people cross shop these two. Myself included. Looking for my first fun vehicle. Test drove a 2 door sport s with hard top back in 2020 that was 30k new, a similar trim is now 42k.
Having regrets for not buying it back then. Wrangler will soon be in defender 70 territory price, volume and availability wise.

Edit 2: Why is it that Mazda charges $1,165 to ship a Miata from Japan to a dealership in the U.S., but Jeep and Ford charge $1,800 to ship a JL/Bronco from Ohio/Michigan to a dealership in the U.S.? People buy the JL/Bronco for a unique experience with limited availability (and Jeep and Ford know this) rather than getting from point A to point B where you just want what will get you to work, the grocery or kid events at the lowest reasonable cost with a ton of vehicle makes/models in competition to choose from.

Last edited:

Alfabeast

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good info and I agree. Those Ford destination fees are ridiculous. Destination fees for the 2 Mazdas I bought were $500/ea. Got 0% financing on the CX-30.

Really surprised the Bronco isn't selling better. Pricing is too high especially after killing off the base model. The introduction of the Bronco Sport first was a total mistake for brand "image" of the full size.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

my guess is it may be subjective to an extent, some people may have issues with the noise, some donet, but some just like to whine and be argumentative....internet 101
I totally disagree. Interior sound level is absolutely quantifiable. It also matters what what bronco trim level you have and what roads you drive on have an impact.

I have a 2.3L BaseSquatch which means that I have the least about of sound deadening from the factory, the loudest tires and the 2.3 seams to make more of a racket than the 2.7. Furthermore, the predominate highway surface here in SoCal is grooved concrete.

These all combine to give me a 75 DB interior noise level at 65 mph which is absolutely stupid loud for a modern vehicle. I have added a crap ton of sound deadening to the rear and doors which has dropped the interior sound level to 66 dB at 65 mph and 68 dB at 75 mph. I still need to do the front floor, transmission tunnel, and firewall. These changes are making it much more livable and you can now have a conversation at highway speeds.

To bring this point back home…. interior level is not at all subjective and completely quantifiable.

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I totally disagree. Interior sound level is absolutely quantifiable. It also matters what what bronco trim level you have and what roads you drive on have an impact.

I have a 2.3L BaseSquatch which means that I have the least about of sound deadening from the factory, the loudest tires and the 2.3 seams to make more of a racket than the 2.7. Furthermore, the predominate highway surface here in SoCal is grooved concrete.

These all combine to give me a 75 DB interior noise level at 65 mph which is absolutely stupid loud for a modern vehicle. I have added a crap ton of sound deadening to the rear and doors which has dropped the interior sound level to 66 dB at 65 mph and 68 dB at 75 mph. I still need to do the front floor, transmission tunnel, and firewall. These changes are making it much more livable and you can now have a conversation at highway speeds.

To bring this point back home…. interior level is not at all subjective and completely quantifiable.
Great post on the DB levels and on how some DIY sound deadening helped with that. And yes, sound noise is absolutely quantifiable, but it can be subjective per person. What kind if car are you coming from? A person who only owned soft top Wranglers for the past 20 years will have a different view on the interior sound in a Bronco than a person who only owned hard top BMW sedans that past 20 years. I have only owned hard tops throughout my life except a small convertible I owned in the late 90s for a few years. My take on sound the past 18 years has been a GMC Jimmy, Escape, Saab 9-5 and Explorer. The worst was the Jimmy, and it does not compare to the higher noise level of my hard top Bronco. However, I did not order one early on without test driving it - which I think may have caught some people by surprise. I had test driven several Bronco hard tops, including the one I bought with just 10k miles on it. I knew what I was getting into. If I want a roomy, quite enough drive I have my Explorer. If I want to have fun I have my 2 door Bronco and the sound level does not bother me in the least (I got a '22 model with the MIC upgrade and it is fine to talk at 70 mph, albeit you have to raise your voice some). However, I do warn passengers who have never been in a Bronco that it is not meant to be a quiet ride with removable top and doors. And, of the vehicles I just mentioned owning, the Bronco is the most fun to drive even just down the road. Having fun with the MT and short wheel base 2 door. When I first test drove the Bronco and got back in my Explorer, I thought the Bronco may be too harsh as my Explorer seemed so smooth. Now having owned the Bronco, my Explorer feels like a marshmallow that rolls too much and can't handle even small potholes. That is subjectivity right there.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is by far the "loudest" vehicle I have personally ever driven so I can agree with the comment. Former 2D Wrangler owner too. I've had my Bronco going on 3 years and the soft top is by far the worst thing about this car. I've had to pause and consider selling multiple times just cuase of that issue. Decided to keep since it's a "toy" anyways and I love it when I go offroading. My next vehicle will probably be a Rivian R1T for ride comfort/smooth drive and I'll just keep the Bronco in the garage to go off roading/camping.

Agree, unfortunately. Had a '21 Rapid Red Badlands Bronco that I loved, but the hard top was not available at that time. The 'as delivered' soft top was unlivable from an NVH perspective. My replacement '22 Badlands has a hard top. It is certainly a necessary improvement, but was really pissed that Ford discontinued the Rapid Red color. Blame the color/trim department at Ford, too many greys in lieu of real color offerings like rapid red (not a fan of hot pepper) - which mysteriously continue to be available on other current Ford product vehicles.
Sponsored