John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am pretty sure I can get 400k out of my FB20 long way to go :p
My nephew had a Subaru FB20, only problem he had was some engine seals/gaskets started to leak. Not sure how many miles he had on it.
Sponsored

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/g19661272/longest-lasting-cars/ Says about 1% makes it to 200,000. If you make it your one of the lucky few! I'm betting most on this list are naturally aspirated.
My Vehicles all still look brand new at 200,000 miles and they drive and ride like brand new as well. It’s easy to enjoy a vehicle without beating it to death. This is a picture of my 30 year old F250 that is completely stock and has never had a thing done to it. It is used to to haul our travel trailer and to haul wood to heat our home.
Ford Bronco 205,000 miles on 2.7 first generation IMG_9474

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My nephew had a Subaru FB20, only problem he had was some engine seals/gaskets started to leak. Not sure how many miles he had on it.
My EJ253 had a lifetime of perfect/early maintenance and needed a top end build at 105k miles. Dropped a valve and seized the engine. Neverminded numerous leaky gaskets (H/G, V/Cs, etc) & accessory replacements before then. I'll never buy another Subaru, needed the most maintenance out of any car I have owned.

The only vehicle I have ever had that never once stranded me (including my Bronco) was my Rx8.... I had it for 5 years and sold it in excellent condition as well. I always laughed at that given their reputation.

Last edited:

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Vehicles all still look brand new at 200,000 miles and they drive and ride like brand new as well. It’s easy to enjoy a vehicle without beating it to death. This is a picture of my 30 year old F250 that is completely stock and has never had a thing done to it. It is used to to haul our travel trailer and to haul wood to heat our home.
Ford Bronco 205,000 miles on 2.7 first generation IMG_9474
Well, your in the 1%, and if every vehicle you've ever owned all looked and ran like brand new at 200,000 miles, with no major problems you must have Jesus Christ riding shotgun!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/g19661272/longest-lasting-cars/ Says about 1% makes it to 200,000. If you make it your one of the lucky few! I'm betting most on this list are naturally aspirated.
I was shocked when I pulled the turbos at 232k miles, I was going to replace the center sections because I thought they would be worn out... Not even close, they looked great... So I ended up with a pair of spare turbo center sections.

Makes me wonder if they might fit in the Bronco housings... LOL. I am not sure that they flow more than the Bronco turbos, but if they did, it would be a neat upgrade.

Sponsored

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, your in the 1%, and if every vehicle you've ever owned all looked and ran like brand new at 200,000 miles, with no major problems you must have Jesus Christ riding shotgun!
I just take care of my stuff and it’s very, very simple to do. To be fair, the F250 only has 100,000 miles on it because it’s not a daily driver. When it gets brought out, it gets worked hard though. My work trucks gets about 65,000 miles per year on them so they only last me three or four years before I sell them to a family member and upgrade.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With a twin turbo Ecoboost, maybe but probably not!
My Focus ST had about 340,000kms (Over 200,000miles) when I sold it, never any issues and no oil consumption, drove like new, I believe it's all about maintenance and care.

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Focus ST had about 340,000kms (Over 200,000miles) when I sold it, never any issues and no oil consumption, drove like new, I believe it's all about maintenance and care.
I'm not saying that some eco boosts don't get 200k+, what I'm saying is it's not the norm!

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just take care of my stuff and it’s very, very simple to do. To be fair, the F250 only has 100,000 miles on it because it’s not a daily driver. When it gets brought out, it gets worked hard though. My work trucks gets about 65,000 miles per year on them so they only last me three or four years before I sell them to a family member and upgrade.
I thought this thread was about the 2.7 Eco Boost. Last I knew the F250 didn't run an Eco Boost. Maybe a boosted diesel but not a 2.7! On average a small displacement high output turbo charged engine is not gonna last as long as a naturally aspirated engine it just won't. Now will you get an occasional Eco Boost that stays together for 200k+, sure it will happen. But if it does your one of the lucky ones.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I thought this thread was about the 2.7 Eco Boost. Last I knew the F250 didn't run an Eco Boost. Maybe a boosted diesel but not a 2.7! On average a small displacement high output turbo charged engine is not gonna last as long as a naturally aspirated engine it just won't. Now will you get an occasional Eco Boost that stays together for 200k+, sure it will happen. But if it does your one of the lucky ones.
wheres yer data to back up this hogwash? I owned LOTS of turboed vehicles and only had a turbo issue 1 time...and that was just carbon build up on the oil slinger, I was able to clean it myself and it ran over 250K miles. (3cyl Turbo) also my porsche used very similar turbos and had over 220K when I sold it with ZERO turbo issues. these watercooled, and we'll designed newer turbos last and last and last...and the engines are built tougher inside too. the bearings and pistons have better oiling, by FAR than your naturally aspirated turd you claim is superior....you ever heard of oil cooled pistons? turboed engines have special oil squirters added that spray oil directly under the piston cooling it and also allows better lubrication and sealing for the cylinder walls.
then they make the blocks ultra stiff and have 4 or 6 bolt main caps.

most newer boosted engines use superior metallurgy in the valve train as well. valves are often SS or Titanium alloys by OEM. valve seats are better too.

in general N/A engines are built to lesser standards with Inferior old designs and metals. and the tolerances are not as tight either.

why do you think turbos last a half a million miles in a diesel big rig, but fail soon in a gas engines , under far less loads???

Sponsored

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
wheres yer data to back up this hogwash? I owned LOTS of turboed vehicles and only had a turbo issue 1 time...and that was just carbon build up on the oil slinger, I was able to clean it myself and it ran over 250K miles. (3cyl Turbo) also my porsche used very similar turbos and had over 220K when I sold it with ZERO turbo issues. these watercooled, and we'll designed newer turbos last and last and last...and the engines are built tougher inside too. the bearings and pistons have better oiling, by FAR than your naturally aspirated turd you claim is superior....you ever heard of oil cooled pistons? turboed engines have special oil squirters added that spray oil directly under the piston cooling it and also allows better lubrication and sealing for the cylinder walls.
then they make the blocks ultra stiff and have 4 or 6 bolt main caps.

most newer boosted engines use superior metallurgy in the valve train as well. valves are often SS or Titanium alloys by OEM. valve seats are better too.

in general N/A engines are built to lesser standards with Inferior old designs and metals. and the tolerances are not as tight either.

why do you think turbos last a half a million miles in a diesel big rig, but fail soon in a gas engines , under far less loads???
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/g19661272/longest-lasting-cars/ Every guy on here says his car last 200k+, if it does your in the 1%! I'd bet most of not all those listed by Road and Track are N/A. Mass has a lot to do with the Turbos lasting in big rigs, Turbos are much bigger, thermal mass has a lot to do with their turbos running longer. No doubt the turbos on the newer cars and trucks are better cooled and the oils are much better, but your just kidding yourself if you think a turbo engine will last as long and have fewer issues than a N/A engine.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/g19661272/longest-lasting-cars/ Every guy on here says his car last 200k+, if it does your in the 1%! I'd bet most of not all those listed by Road and Track are N/A. Mass has a lot to do with the Turbos lasting in big rigs, Turbos are much bigger, thermal mass has a lot to do with their turbos running longer. No doubt the turbos on the newer cars and trucks are better cooled and the oils are much better, but your just kidding yourself if you think a turbo engine will last as long and have fewer issues than a N/A engine.
It's not that simple, plenty of shitty naturally aspirated motors will fail long before many turbo motors.

Example, 90's Ford's Essex V-6 was a naturally aspirated motor that typically would spit head gaskets and self destruct long before 100k (65k being the average), whereas the same generation of engines had turbo motors that were reliable well past 100k miles including Mazda's BP motors and even Ford's 2.3 turbo used in the SVO Mustang and turbo Thunderbird, not to mention a whole host of other good gasoline turbocharged engines.

Sure, forced induction is more demanding on a gasoline engine than a normally aspirated engine, but only if they are equally built, but they are not typically built the same. The Supra 6 cylinder turbo and the v6 Buick turbo engines are virtually indestructible, and few engines are built this stout unless forced induction was considered in the design early on.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I guess I'm in the unlucky dept as every Ford I have ever had has had issues at 20k through 80k miles.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

this story and the statistics are totally flawed. all this does is show which vehicles get driven the most by Americans. people put the most miles on these vehicles. Then they show the top 1% of those highly driven vehicles average mileage. some of these cars production numbers and sales were far greater than others....attributing to the bigger volume of each still on the road, and affecting to 1% ratio as well. If the engine management system keeps the parameters within spec, a boosted engine can and does last the SAME as normally aspirated. and if your looking at the SAME hp production out of the same cubic inches , then ironically the normally aspirated engine has to turn WAY more rpms to equal the boosted versions power output. we all know extra high RPMs cause extra wear, and typically don't have a long 200,000 mile lifespan...

So, to be fair, in an engine with identical components inside... with the identical cubic inches inside...AND CREATING EQUAL POWER, the normally aspirated engine will have to spin several thousand RPMs higher and this over a long period of miles will create MORE wear and noticeable differences in the Pistons, rods and cylinder walls compared to the boosted version that is, producing the SAME power, running lower RPMs and heavier loads on the piston crank and connecting rod.

additionally the valve train of the higher RPM N/A version MUST be upgraded to handle the faster reciprocation.

The advantages of boost outweighs any reliability comparisons when both engines are built the same.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
this story and the statistics are totally flawed. all this does is show which vehicles get driven the most by Americans. people put the most miles on these vehicles. Then they show the top 1% of those highly driven vehicles average mileage. some of these cars production numbers and sales were far greater than others....attributing to the bigger volume of each still on the road, and affecting to 1% ratio as well. If the engine management system keeps the parameters within spec, a boosted engine can and does last the SAME as normally aspirated. and if your looking at the SAME hp production out of the same cubic inches , then ironically the normally aspirated engine has to turn WAY more rpms to equal the boosted versions power output. we all know extra high RPMs cause extra wear, and typically don't have a long 200,000 mile lifespan...

So, to be fair, in an engine with identical components inside... with the identical cubic inches inside...AND CREATING EQUAL POWER, the normally aspirated engine will have to spin several thousand RPMs higher and this over a long period of miles will create MORE wear and noticeable differences in the Pistons, rods and cylinder walls compared to the boosted version that is, producing the SAME power, running lower RPMs and heavier loads on the piston crank and connecting rod.

additionally the valve train of the higher RPM N/A version MUST be upgraded to handle the faster reciprocation.

The advantages of boost outweighs any reliability comparisons when both engines are built the same.
Are you my spirit animal?
Sponsored