Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had quite the experience with my truck so far, 23 4dr Badlands, Sasquatch, 21k, All 4 Bilstein’s leaking badly, the tech half wiped them clean and said check them on the next service. The tech also wrote something like “oversize tires will prematurely wear out the suspension and will be voided. I have 35” Toyo AT’s on racelines, stock suspension… Um What? Do I literally have to go thru the process of going thru Ford Customer service and to get it addressed ? I’ve had way too many problems (maybe it’s the dealer 🤷🏻) in the 15 months than any other new vehicle that I’ve ever bought. (Ford - GM-Toyota-Nissan- ) etc. . frustrating! :mad: I’m a master tech of 20+ years myself, I was previously been a ford service manager too !

After waiting since day one reservation only to have that order sold from under me.

Before

Ford Bronco 21k Bilstein failure - Denied IMG_3878

Ford Bronco 21k Bilstein failure - Denied IMG_3883

Ford Bronco 21k Bilstein failure - Denied IMG_3882

Ford Bronco 21k Bilstein failure - Denied IMG_3880

Ford Bronco 21k Bilstein failure - Denied IMG_3879

Ford Bronco 21k Bilstein failure - Denied IMG_3881
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I mean if you were a prior Ford service manager, you should know that Ford doesn’t consider a minor amount of seepage like this a warrantable repair, so don’t start the dealer blame game 🤷‍♂️

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Goodyear MT are considerably lighter than the Toyo’s you have on there. What is the weight of your wheels compared to stock? Do you think the extra unsprung weight (if any) could have been the culprit?

Only asking because I have the same shocks and most of the problems I’ve seen here have been on modified rigs.

OP
OP
Haustkraft

Haustkraft

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean if you were a prior Ford service manager, you should know that Ford doesn’t consider a minor amount of seepage like this a warrantable repair, so don’t start the dealer blame game 🤷‍♂️
whoa. I’m not necessarily blaming anyone, for this blaming Ford for their lack of action for problems they know about. Do I wait until they rot off and then they can put the claim in ?

I’m not a Ford Service Manager for a reason.

So far the problems with my truck :

*output shaft seal blown. Leaking starts again. I buy the seal myself, swap it out. One of the inside lips of the seal was torn off.

*fried BCM.

*Melted wire in dash harness, strip everything to the firewall and repair the harness (on back order). Re-install all - but instead of a soft pick or panel tool, it’s faster to just gouge the hell out of plastic tabs, clips, whatever, (tech’s fault).

*Tech leaves a brand new flashlight on the seat of the truck and burns a whole right thru the MGV. Waited weeks for the back ordered seat cushion, installed and looked great. I took care of the loose hardware at home

*it gets hot the very next day, I a/c! Someone forgot to recharge it

*go back to have it recharged and request a full synthetic service and tire rotate, stemco drain plug which I left the adapter, service advisor knew and I even left a message after I left to make sure to use that.

*drive home, park for a few hours, oil leak. Drain plug not all the way back in, the adapter was never used and an o-ring was punched. I just took care of myself, not chancing it.

and this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Haustkraft

Haustkraft

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t think the weight of the wheel would affect the performance of the shock enough to overcharge it and leak.
Yes I know they are heavier, I can take that into account. I think it’s a poor design flaw for these ahocks. OEM Bilstein versus Aftermarket Bilstein quality is completely different In my opinion

Sponsored
OP
OP
Haustkraft

Haustkraft

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s a shoot of the tire wheel setup

IMG_0013.jpeg

IMG_0014.jpeg

IMG_0015.jpeg

IMG_0017.jpeg

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

whoa. I’m not necessarily blaming anyone, for this blaming Ford for their lack of action for problems they know about.
Okay well idk who you’re trying to blame. Your thread title and the way the thread is worded just makes it seem like you think it’s the dealers fault, which it isn’t so I just wanted to clear that up.

Do I wait until they rot off and then they can put the claim in ?
Yep pretty much. They aren’t going to replace something that isn’t affecting the way it operates. Mine were seeping probably worse than this at 36k miles before I upgraded to something else, didn’t affect the operation of the shocks in any way.

OP
OP
Haustkraft

Haustkraft

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay well idk who you’re trying to blame. Your thread title and the way the thread is worded just makes it seem like you think it’s the dealers fault, which it isn’t so I just wanted to clear that up.
What dealer do You work for?

wigglysqiggly

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thats crazy because i did an suspension upgrade and i thought that was just collected dirt and debris but must be leakage

IMG_5986.png

wigglysqiggly

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thant was about likes say 3k in milage

Sponsored

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A seeping reservoir isnt a failure. A self deleted reservoir is a failure. Something broken is a failure.
Honda bends over backwards for warranty, but they sure as hell don't cover fluid seeps.
That b#tch better be dripping on the ground.

OP
OP
Haustkraft

Haustkraft

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, I was thinking this contributed to the nose dive when braking 🤷🏻

OP
OP
Haustkraft

Haustkraft

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

whoa. I’m not necessarily blaming anyone, for this blaming Ford for their lack of action for problems they know about. Do I wait until they rot off and then they can put the claim in ?

I’m not a Ford Service Manager for a reason.

So far the problems with my truck :

*output shaft seal blown. Dealer ordered and replaced. Leaking starts again. I buy the seal myself, swap it out. One of the inside lips of the seal was torn off. Too much of a PITA to bring it back when the dealer doesn’t do any form of loaner.

*fried BCM.

*Melted wire in dash harness, strip everything to the firewall and repair the harness (on back order). Re-install all - but instead of a soft pick or panel tool, it’s faster to just gouge the hell out of plastic tabs, clips, whatever, (tech’s fault).

*Tech leaves a brand new flashlight on the seat of the truck and burns a hole right thru the MGV. Waited weeks for the back ordered seat cushion, installed and looked great. I took care of the loose hardware at home

*it gets hot the very next day, No a/c! Someone forgot to recharge it.

*go back to have it recharged

*request a full synthetic service and tire rotate, stemco drain plug which I left the adapter, service advisor knew and I even left a message after I left to make sure to use that.

*drive home, park for a few hours, oil leak. Drain plug not all the way back in, the adapter was never used and an o-ring was punched. I just took care of myself, not chancing it.

APmech

Badlands
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had quite the experience with my truck so far, 23 4dr Badlands, Sasquatch, 21k, All 4 Bilstein’s leaking badly, the tech half wiped them clean and said check them on the next service. The tech also wrote something like “oversize tires will prematurely wear out the suspension and will be voided. I have 35” Toyo AT’s on racelines, stock suspension… Um What? Do I literally have to go thru the process of going thru Ford Customer service and to get it addressed ? I’ve had way too many problems (maybe it’s the dealer 🤷🏻) in the 15 months than any other new vehicle that I’ve ever bought. (Ford - GM-Toyota-Nissan- ) etc. . frustrating! :mad: I’m a master tech of 20+ years myself, I was previously been a ford service manager too !

After waiting since day one reservation only to have that order sold from under me.

Before

IMG_3878.jpeg

IMG_3883.jpeg

IMG_3882.jpeg

IMG_3880.jpeg

IMG_3879.jpeg

IMG_3881.jpeg
I read somewhere that is just residual oil from the manufacturing process. Get a can of brake cleaner and clean it off. Keep an eye on it after putting some more mileage on it to see if it really is a leak.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both of my rear reservoirs rusted and fell off a couple of weeks ago and were replaced under warranty.

I'd definitely keep an eye on it, not sure if any amount of seepage should be considered "acceptable" on a suspension component. Mine were definitely leaking much worse than that for several months, I just never assumed the spots of oil on my driveway would possibly be from my bronco.
Sponsored