22winty

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 135 JB4 2021 Bronco Badlands JB4.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited by a moderator:

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks awesome. Design wise it seems to be the best soft top roof rack I have seen yet. Looks like it flips back to allow soft top operation. Very cool. What kind of ball park are you shooting for price wise? Also, any chance you would offer just the front piece?

OP
OP
22winty

22winty

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi,
Price is TBD because we have two bids out for powder coating and still waiting....The accessories will be available individually, The plan is you can purchase the basic rack and add any the parts. You are welcome to purchase whichever part you like.

As soon as we get the coating info we will open for orders...trust me, I am ready!

Thanks for your interest.
Tim

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very cool product guys! As a MIC hardtop owner, take this feedback with a grain of salt :)

To me the function of your design looks outstanding. It is probably a very cost effective design as well. However… IF you wanted constructive criticism, it might make sense to work on a future Gen 2 design that has a more sleek appearance and less like an “erector set”.

Maybe try to build some curves into the appearance and hide some of the fasteners?

Just a guy who wants to see y’all do well!

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will the production version have all those rivets?

Sponsored

Rex5415

Raptor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I can't say I'm in the market for this specific rack as I will have a hard top on my Bronco but this is one of the best designs for overall function that I've yet to see.

Out of curiosity what is the weight capacity on the back half when its in the flipped up position? Can it handle a couple hundred pounds in that position?

OP
OP
22winty

22winty

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will the production version have all those rivets?
Hi,
Yes, the look will be pretty much the same, counter sunk bolts. There will be less holes as they will be refined. The holes were for trying out different configurations. There will be a Molle panel option for the sides to attach anything you like.

This prototype is back spray paint they will be matte black textured powder coated

Thanks for your Interest, they will be up for sale in about a week.

www.22winty.com
www.instagram.com/22_winty

OP
OP
22winty

22winty

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't say I'm in the market for this specific rack as I will have a hard top on my Bronco but this is one of the best designs for overall function that I've yet to see.

Out of curiosity what is the weight capacity on the back half when its in the flipped up position? Can it handle a couple hundred pounds in that position?
Hi,
The capacity for the rear rack is 80lb all the times up or down. Flipped up is just temporary position while opening and closing the roof. I have no interest investing it to breaking point so 80lbs was way in the safe zone. It needs to be light weight, with the sleek, stream lined design to retain tilt ability.

This is not meant to compete with Gobi or Raket. They are a look I think is cool but safari and not for me. The effort required to operate the soft top with them, defeats the purpose.

The 80lbs number was reached because it's all I needed , This is not for heavy cargo... more for skis, snowboards, surfboards, luggage, a canoe, some lumber, a ladder...... if the front bar is included.
The front bar has 40lbs.

BTW, the 22 Winty rack will work with your hard top off.

Thanks
Tim

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Where will it attach to vehicle? Not a fan of the racks that attach via the bolts holding rear body panels on. (Bad experience using one already)

moborb

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
996, Speed Triple, Odyssey, LS460
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks fantastic!!

Distance between the front rail and the forward rail of the rear aseembly? Wondering if there’s a way to get a Thule pod up there (my dream since we have the pod already and have no way to load with the soft top).

Sponsored
OP
OP
22winty

22winty

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very cool product guys! As a MIC hardtop owner, take this feedback with a grain of salt :)

To me the function of your design looks outstanding. It is probably a very cost effective design as well. However… IF you wanted constructive criticism, it might make sense to work on a future Gen 2 design that has a more sleek appearance and less like an “erector set”.

Maybe try to build some curves into the appearance and hide some of the fasteners?

Just a guy who wants to see y’all do well!

Sorry!
I love the fasteners and the "erector set" aesthetic and modular look, Its more my style...
There will be less bolts, as the updates design for production calls for less, but only like 10 % less
I do welcome all suggestions... no salt needed.

Thanks

TIm

OP
OP
22winty

22winty

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks fantastic!!

Distance between the front rail and the forward rail of the rear aseembly? Wondering if there’s a way to get a Thule pod up there (my dream since we have the pod already and have no way to load with the soft top).

Hi
I believe the pods will fit, the gaps between the rear bar and the mid bar is about 3' the gap between the mid bar and the front over windshield bar is about 6'

I bet the Pod would be happiest grabbing the rear and mid bar....
What's the model of the pod

Thanks
Tim

www.22winty.com

moborb

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
996, Speed Triple, Odyssey, LS460
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry!
I love the fasteners and the "erector set" aesthetic and modular look, Its more my style...
There will be less bolts, as the updates design for production calls for less, but only like 10 % less
I do welcome all suggestions... no salt needed.

Thanks

TIm
Sweet! It’s an oldie - Thule Atlantis 1200 Xt

OP
OP
22winty

22winty

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where will it attach to vehicle? Not a fan of the racks that attach via the bolts holding rear body panels on. (Bad experience using one already)
I have to use the 3 hard top holes and the 2 fender top bolt holes, it's the only way. The way the side windows fit forces the bracket to hug the body line like it or not. Or the windows bind.
I have a 1/16" rubber gasket between the bracket and the body to protect the paint

I drove 6000 miles, a lot with 80lbs ( my listed capacity) on all sorts of bouncy road and had zero damage....check out my instagram account for pics and videos

This concern is part of the reason why I have capped it at 80lbs way under its potential. But 80lbs is also plenty for what I use it for, and I believe it to be the same for most of the Bronco owners. Im betting most will never take it off road.

Thanks
Tim
www.22winty.com

benderofbows

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco; 09 F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I like it. What's the estimated starting price?
Sponsored