First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I watched the video. Honestly, looks great - and I appreciate the cost being reasonable.

What are your thoughts on ease and ability to remove and reinstall the platform in it’s entirety (including crossbars and braces), leaving the fairing and chase rack in place, on an as-needed basis?
Sponsored

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I watched the video. Honestly, looks great - and I appreciate the cost being reasonable.

What are your thoughts on ease and ability to remove and reinstall the platform in it’s entirety (including crossbars and braces), leaving the fairing and chase rack in place, on an as-needed basis?
It wound be easier to just remove the whole rack when not needed. Leaving the mounts on sides and the front installed.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It wound be easier to just remove the whole rack when not needed. Leaving the mounts on sides and the front installed.
Ah, yes. So, just the 5 bolts in back and 3 on the side of fairing (on each side)? I was thinking about ease of stashing a flat platform. But, that works.

Edit: ah, also the bolts attaching the chase rack to the braces under the top.

Last edited:

snowmexican

Black Diamond
First Name
Kennedy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 22
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As an add-on to the question asked before about removing rack/platform section only, leaving the front faring and chase rack, is this possible? Even if not as easy as removing the chase rack and platform at the same time?
If that front faring is left on, can the soft top be folded into position one, or does the front faring interfere with the lifting angle of the soft top's upward swing?

Lastly, if it is possible to remove the rack and leave the front faring and chase installed, would a canoe/kayak/skis be able to be propped between these two supports for short drive transporting

Badsquatchman

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC and motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As an add-on to the question asked before about removing rack/platform section only, leaving the front faring and chase rack, is this possible? Even if not as easy as removing the chase rack and platform at the same time?
If that front faring is left on, can the soft top be folded into position one, or does the front faring interfere with the lifting angle of the soft top's upward swing?

Lastly, if it is possible to remove the rack and leave the front faring and chase installed, would a canoe/kayak/skis be able to be propped between these two supports for short drive transporting
I’m curious about this also. I would like to leave the front mount installed (maybe with a thin light bar mounted to it) and still be able to take down the soft top. If this is possible

Sponsored
OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

We haven’t tried leaving the front fairing, I’d guess it would clear.

yes to other question.

snowmexican

Black Diamond
First Name
Kennedy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 22
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We haven’t tried leaving the front fairing, I’d guess it would clear.

yes to other question.
Am I able to get a confirmation that the top is able to folded up with the front fairing and rear chase rack installed.
That would for sure have an immediate order from me!
Really wanting something to haul a canoe around while being able to swing the top up after canoe in removed without having to remove parts and reinstall things later.
Let me know (please please before your November sale ends!)

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Balls. That’s a shame.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the width of the cross bars (cross-section)? I have a Thule travel box that uses U-bolts to grab onto crossbars from underneath, and then extend into the box for tightening from the inside. I believe that the width of these bolts are between 3" and 4".

Also, having watched the video, I wonder if you foresee problems in pre-assembling the platform (side rails plus crossbars) on the ground, then lifting if onto the roof for final attachment to the front fairing and chase mounts?

Image of travel box U-bolt:

Ford Bronco Low profile soft top roof rack - JcrOffroad UBolt

snowmexican

Black Diamond
First Name
Kennedy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 22
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Front fairing removed. Top folded back.

Thanks for taking the time to test this for us!
Just put in an order for one! Super excited to receive it and have it installed on my Bronco!
Great support and quick replies are much appreciated!

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Crossbars are 1x2.

You could assemble the rack part and attach to the rear chase rack and front mounts. Wouldn’t be an issue.
Thank you - I'd already placed my order, but wanted the clarification. Looking forward to putting the rack through its paces for a December trip!

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looking forward to seeing these on customer rigs.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.