Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Omg ppl...I have never gotten more fuel from a pump than my containers can hold. I have consistently gotten 2mpg more on my display than on my "napkin math"

I agree though. Even if you were getting 25mpg, you're rocking.
Sponsored

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Omg ppl...I have never gotten more fuel from a pump than my containers can hold. I have consistently gotten 2mpg more on my display than on my "napkin math"

I agree though. Even if you were getting 25mpg, you're rocking.
you should try weighing a summer fill versus a winter fill. the same gas can will weigh more in the winter than it will in the summer. fuel doesn't actually get consumed by volume, it gets consumed by weight. your engine needs basically the same weight in fuel to do a given thing, regardless of environmental conditions, and it will adjust the flow of fuel accordingly. the volume needed will vary quite a bit under different conditions. The aviation world always uses weight. in the consumer world, we don't have a good way to measure by weight, and volume is understood and "close enough" so that's what we use.

A gallon on one day from one station is different from a gallon on another day from the same station, and different from a gallon on the same day from a different station. that same gallon is different still as it gets delivered from your gas tank to your fuel injectors, all because of how temperatures and pressures affect the volume of gas. your containers of course will always hold the same volume. but what you get out of that volume will be different.

The point is that comparing what a pump tells you and what your vehicle tells you is really very silly. Both measure volume, not energy potential. Neither is perfectly accurate and both are super susceptible to variations. And none of it actually matters.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome! I've been keeping my foot out of the accelerator only because I wanted to break in properly. Mixed mileage is in the 18s. I have not reset it ever.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you should try weighing a summer fill versus a winter fill. the same gas can will weigh more in the winter than it will in the summer. fuel doesn't actually get consumed by volume, it gets consumed by weight. your engine needs basically the same weight in fuel to do a given thing, regardless of environmental conditions, and it will adjust the flow of fuel accordingly. the volume needed will vary quite a bit under different conditions. The aviation world always uses weight. in the consumer world, we don't have a good way to measure by weight, and volume is understood and "close enough" so that's what we use.

A gallon on one day from one station is different from a gallon on another day from the same station, and different from a gallon on the same day from a different station. that same gallon is different still as it gets delivered from your gas tank to your fuel injectors, all because of how temperatures and pressures affect the volume of gas. your containers of course will always hold the same volume. but what you get out of that volume will be different.

The point is that comparing what a pump tells you and what your vehicle tells you is really very silly. Both measure volume, not energy potential. Neither is perfectly accurate and both are super susceptible to variations. And none of it actually matters.
This precision isn't really a factor except when you add miles per dollar then people get bent.
I'm simply, and very simply sharing my experience with years of driving my truck. There's always variables as driving conditions (ambient air temperatures included) tire pressure, fuel stations.....do not change my real world observations. Silly as they may seem.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Best I've gotten so far for a full tank is 25.5. Going max effort this tank to see if I can crack 26. Right now its sitting at 27.1

Sponsored

Cl1ckst3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm getting 20.2MPG for Lifetime miles of the Bronco (1600 or so). This is on 37s with 2.3. I took delivery with the 37s on, so it's never been stock. Lots of 55MPH HWY stretches. It just gets to 10th gear and lets the turbo do the work...purrs along at 1.4RPM or so. I am pretty impressed.

I have been running Premium only...so I guess I get a little MPG increase from that????

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to poke anyone in an eye, but this always reminds me of when VW claimed their diesel in one of their models would turn in upwards of 60 mpg. Folks who owned them routinely crowed about getting ā€œ around 70 mpgā€. A few years later VW got busted for inflating the mpg on their diesel. It was more in the low 40 mpg range. The crowing stopped. Again, just a story, and no reflection on anyone.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. I always think itā€™s funny that dash computers can never be remotely trusted, but random gas pumps are considered absolute precision.
Fuel pumps have to be calibrated every so often by law (at least here in Canada) how much do you want to bet the same can't be said about your odometer?

CarStory

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW GTI, Subaru STI, Toyota Yaris HB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hit 26 MPG on a long trip in my 2016 Mustang GT so I have no problem believing 27MPG in an 2.3L EcoBoost. My 2.7L Bronco w/SAS however won't get much past 18.1 MPG no matter what I do.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I took delivery Friday. I was driving around this weekend and getting around 12 MPG which I really didn't care since I was just showing off my Bronco to anyone and everyone. But I took my normal commute this morning and I'm pretty happy with the mileage. 27.4 mpg for a 46.6 mile trip. I was in ECO mode on cruise control at around 63-67 mph(287+Garden State pkwy) so I barely hit the gas but still. If I can get over 20 on my commute I can live with that. Luckily I only commute a few days a week. I did realize right before I got to work I didn't have the AC on so that will probably have an effect.

2.3 engine.

20220516_082812.jpg

20220515_132055.jpg
That's INCREDIBLE!!! With those numbers I don't think you could hyper-mileage the Bronco to get any better...

I do a 70 mile commute on the GSP, running a solid 80mph with a constant 16 mpg but haven't calibrated for my tires yet.

I know it NJ but, Please stay in the right lane.....šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Perhaps Iā€™m calculating it incorrectly or something but Iā€™ve never seen my stock OBX report trip fuel economy greater than 17.7 MPG. Thatā€™s for commutes and highway travel with cruise control largely locked to 65-75mph.

šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Thatā€™s the issue, 65-75 kills these things because of the aero inefficiency. I have a 2.7 obx sas 4dr and the best mileage I have seen is 60 and below and it is been up to about 19-20.
Sponsored