Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Some of the early videos showing 2 doors driving through sand seemed to make them bounce like a rocking horse. That's not for me.
Please post link to video.
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If the Bronco was four-door only, we wouldn’t have even thought twice about even making a reservation, let alone buying it...the two-door calls out to us
Amen Brother...if I defect, it'll prolly be to a second Jeep Renegade. But I'm a first-night rezzi - with all the scars of trying to log on - so I'm in for the duration.

But as was mentioned above...it ain't like picking out a coffin; you can always swap horses mid-stream.

RHW

Badlands
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

RHW

Badlands
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Video looking good to me tho

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where did it defect to though? The moon?

• Haha
Reactions: RHW

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is anyone else concerned that the shorter wheelbase of the (vastly superior looking) 2DR might make it a little sketchy doing high speed (or otherwise) antics in the desert? I'm as guilty of as the next guy of poking fun at the 4DR brigade but I now find myself contemplating defection, purely from a stability standpoint. I must admit I feel a bit like a traitor.
I mean for years Jeeps have been getting along just fine with that short wheelbase, so it’s fine.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is anyone else concerned that the shorter wheelbase of the (vastly superior looking) 2DR might make it a little sketchy doing high speed (or otherwise) antics in the desert? I'm as guilty of as the next guy of poking fun at the 4DR brigade but I now find myself contemplating defection, purely from a stability standpoint. I must admit I feel a bit like a traitor.
If you do, you need to carry the rear doors under each arm on the Walk of Shame for punishment.

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why stop at the 4-Door?
If you want the ultimate in practically, stability and efficiency, go with the Pacifica plug-in.

âś…The entire mattress will fit back there for your overlanding adventures.
âś…Nothing screams "STABILITY!" like a plug-in, practical minivan.
âś…During the week, you can get infinite MPG by plugging it in.
âś…On the weekend, you can still get 30 MPG on the highway AND you can make money helping people move.
âś…Retro colored RED seats!
âś…Actually costs LESS THAN a 2-Door Base Bronco when you factor in the $7500 tax credit.

Source: https://www.caranddriver.com/featur...er-pacifica-hybrid-and-becomes-a-minivan-man/

âś…First comment under the article: "It's a nice looking rig..." People who comment under online magazine articles know what they are talking about.

Ford Bronco 2DR Defectors? Pacifica

Last edited:

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was 2DR up until the very moment I had to decide on which model I wanted. I was forced to really think about how we were going to use this vehicle. Well, with 2 boys under 6 years old and the outdoor activities we want to do as a family, 4DR started becoming a key point for me. 4DR became a necessity for us. I like the looks of the 2DR more, along with the fact I grew up with my dad having a 1966 half cab, but in the end 2DR isn't right for me right now or the next 5-10 years.

I'm 6'3" and my wife is 5'9" and she has relatives 6'5"/6'6", so our boys have a chance at being pretty big. I keep vehicles a long time, so I'm planning ahead.

Don't worry, I'll be the 4DR owner checking out the 2DR when I see them around town. I'll always wonder what could have been... LOL

giphy.gif

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I defected from the 2dr camp not for high speed desert maneuvers but because its a lot easier to get a 1 and 3 year old out the back at the day care when you don't have to put the seats foward and squeeze into the back..

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why stop at the 4-Door?
If you want the ultimate in practically, stability and efficiency, go with the Pacifica plug-in.

âś… The entire mattress will fit back there for your overlanding adventures.
âś… Nothing scream STABILITY like a plug-in, practical minivan.
âś…During the week, you can get infinite MPG by plugging it in.
âś…On the weekend, you can still get 30 MPG on the highway AND you can make money helping people move.
âś…Retro colored RED seats!
âś…Actually costs LESS THAN a 2-Door Base Bronco when you factor in the $7500 tax credit.

Source: https://www.caranddriver.com/featur...er-pacifica-hybrid-and-becomes-a-minivan-man/

âś…First comment under the article: "It's a nice looking rig..." People who comment under online magazine articles know what they are talking about.

Ford Bronco 2DR Defectors? giphy
I mean...you're not wrong.

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really wish the 2DR had the cargo space behind the front seat that the 5th gen did, but not enough to go 4DR.

I hope I stop 2nd guessing after mine gets here. Right now I'm trusting my instinct, and it always points me back toward the 2-door.
Sponsored