Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2015 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I defected...from 4dr to 2dr. I was all set right up to reservation day to be "responsible" and get the "practical" vehicle. Then the awesomeness known as my wife pointed out that all of our kids have their own vehicles (all but one have moved out), that her CUV could haul a group if needed, and that I have a 4dr farm truck and should just go ahead and have fun. God bless that woman.
Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great plan! Love the 2 - 2 door plan. So much better (and safer) to wheel with two vehicles and even more adventure for you kids when they are driving! You will have to give us some comparisons between the jeep and the bronco! Not many folks are going to have them side by side like that.
It’s been fun so far, we’ve only had it about two weeks. 2014 sport with 32k miles. It’s fun to be back in a 2D, this is my third Jeep but it’s been 20 years. I can say this, my Tacoma is a superior vehicle in so many ways, but it’s time to sell it. I’m 100% sure I will regret selling my Tacoma, it’s been an absolute warrior, but I think the JK will be a better kick around vehicle for my kids. I don’t plan to mod the JK much, but it’s already on 35’s with a 3.5” AEV/Bilstien lift so it’s already crazy tall. If anything I’d prefer a slightly lower lift but whatever welcome to used vehicles. It is what it is until I “need” to change it. I have no doubt the Bronco will be more comfortable & capable than the (sport) JK, but it will be a tall order to best my opinion of my Tacoma. I hope the 6G is as impressive as we all hope. ⚡

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cheapest 2-Door with the manual transmission is under just under $30k.
Cheapest 4-Door with the manual and hardtop is just under $39K.

By the time I get mine, I'll have two of the three kids out of the house, and the wife has a Crew Cab F-150. And the 2-Door Bronco still has more room in it than my Mustang.

The extra 9 grand just isn't worth it to me for a slightly larger vehicle.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone else concerned that the shorter wheelbase of the (vastly superior looking) 2DR might make it a little sketchy doing high speed (or otherwise) antics in the desert? ...
I'm not concerned because both the 2d and 4d have a wheelbase too short for them to be good at this.

If high speed off road is what you're after then I would suggest taking a pickup or full size SUV and _lengthening_ the wheelbase of that already longer wheelbase to get the stability you're after. Sand rails aren't short. Pre-runners and ultra-4's aren't short. Basic physics will make it clear short is bad for a driven high speed off roader.

Even of you're riding rather than driving, short is generally disfavored for that application.
Sponsored