Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hence the phrase "bucking bronco" :p At least that's what came to mind during a couple of those scenes. As a counterpoint there is a video from either KOH or MOAB of an A51 2Dr flying along at speed that makes the suspension look absolutely magic (probably should have bookmarked that one).
That was Vaughn driving a stock one with just the nittos he likes on aftermarket wheels as I recall. That thing was smooth. 2dr and 4dr are going to handle the whoops in similar fashion.
Sponsored

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 door Jeep Wrangler is a rare sight. Everybody had 2 doors near me. The 4 door jeeps are common in other models that are more on-road vehicles.
That is what will be what is unique about Bronco. You will see way more 4 door than 2 and it will be great for both on and off-road no matter if you choose 2 or 4 door.

Jeep stock about to plummet! I suspect many a converts in my neighborhood once they see and get jealous of my Bronco!
Itā€™s opposite around here for Jeepā€™s. All I see on the lots and the road are the 4drs now.

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Itā€™s opposite around here for Jeepā€™s. All I see on the lots and the road are the 4drs now.
Oh, interesting. I am kind of new to the area I live in. Just noticed how many jeeps are on the main road next to my house both driving by and parked in driveways. Pretty insane amount. I will have to pay more attention now, but I donā€™t recall seeing any 4 door.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems, around here, itā€™s about 80% 4dr Jeeps. Funniest part is, it doesnā€™t look like any of the 2drs have ever even seen a dirt road.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
around here, itā€™s about 80% 4dr Jeeps
My personal ranking on aesthetics is:

1. Bronco 2-door​
2. Wrangler 4-door​
3. Bronco 4-door​
4. Wrangler 2-door​

Sponsored

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not at all. In fact I just went to a Bronco event today and they only had 4 doors. I came out of the event thinking about cancelling my order until I got home and looked at a picture of a 2 door.

I wouldnā€™t be caught dead in a 4 door. Might as well take a limo to the Starbucks to hang out with the rest of the 4 doors. Iā€™ll be busy off road rowing my own.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Some of the early videos showing 2 doors driving through sand seemed to make them bounce like a rocking horse. That's not for me.
I think it is a function of the ridiculous tires, not the wheel base. The EB in the video using the 7 inchers seemed to do just fine. šŸ˜¬

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welp, after defending the choices for the 4dr crowd (which are legitimate reasons), but also stating the 2dr as my preference... I finally won the battle. Once it seemed inevitable that I was being pushed to a ā€˜22 with 6 of the dreaded options, I changed my order to include 2 more... Two door and Sasquatch. I may have exaggerated the numbers just a bit to the girlfriend, but explaining how much smaller the front doors must be on the 4dr was the knockout. Iā€™d like to thank all of the Sasquatch sized folks that discussed the B pillar issues for helping me point this out to her. Yeah, it sucks to be a ā€˜22... but Iā€™m gonna enjoy losing the extra 2 doors.

GeorgeFromDallas

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2012 Fisker Karma, F150, F250, F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of the early videos showing 2 doors driving through sand seemed to make them bounce like a rocking horse. That's not for me.
Here is a nice gif as a reminder...maybe thatā€™s why Ford offered the free headliner (as a cushion).

FYI: Ford removed this gif from their media portal.

Ford Bronco 2DR Defectors? F729BA77-9B45-4AC2-BB2C-2C7B7301AD13

Rpm

Wildtrak
First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is anyone else concerned that the shorter wheelbase of the (vastly superior looking) 2DR might make it a little sketchy doing high speed (or otherwise) antics in the desert? I'm as guilty of as the next guy of poking fun at the 4DR brigade but I now find myself contemplating defection, purely from a stability standpoint. I must admit I feel a bit like a traitor.
This will be part of the character of 2 door which makes it more exciting to drive.
I'm getting the 4 door myself though, due to other reasons obviously.

Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wouldn't base my decision on bouncing around a bit unless that is your main use and you don't plan to have back seat passengers. 4 door longer wheel base will be more stable for Baha type runs and the short wheel base will be better for rock crawling. Both will be acceptable for either and also good on blacktop.

I was 4 door at first for 2 months just for the extra space. I changed to 2 door after reading comments here and realizing how much sportier, classic and original the 2 door looks and is.

Now I am back to the 4 door for the extra room and more than likely usage of the just a bit larger back seat as I originally thought we would. Tried to convince myself we could get by with 2 doors size and figured I would just have to make it work. Finally there is no sense trying to make it work when the 4 door is available. Also, lessening the sting of going away from the 2 door look, the larger gas tank is very desirable.

We will need the extra space otherwise I would be going 2 door.
I couldn't have explained this any better. I also started out 2dr, but for the same exact reasons I changed to 4dr. There's only myself and my wife 66/56 respectfully and we could have made a 2dr work. Although I love the retro look of the 2dr that mimics the 1g.....I still am getting that look in a stretched version. Thank you

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I originally ordered a 4D with the intention of keeping my Tacoma for my daughterā€™s. Shortly after it became clear to me that if I owned another Bronco it had to be a 2Door. So I put my Tacoma up for sale & picked up a 2014 JK 2Door. Then when the Bronco arrives our family adventures will happen with two 2Door 4x4ā€™s. This way I can teach my kids to drive/wheel.

Plus Iā€™ll be 45 soon, kids are huge, dog is getting old...we donā€™t really all fit that well in my Tacoma anymore anyway.

2door it is. āš”

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I originally ordered a 4D with the intention of keeping my Tacoma for my daughterā€™s. Shortly after it became clear to me that if I owned another Bronco it had to be a 2Door. So I put my Tacoma up for sale & picked up a 2014 JK 2Door. Then when the Bronco arrives our family adventures will happen with two 2Door 4x4ā€™s. This way I can teach my kids to drive/wheel.

Plus Iā€™ll be 45 soon, kids are huge, dog is getting old...we donā€™t really all fit that well in my Tacoma anymore anyway.

2door it is. āš”
Great plan! Love the 2 - 2 door plan. So much better (and safer) to wheel with two vehicles and even more adventure for you kids when they are driving! You will have to give us some comparisons between the jeep and the bronco! Not many folks are going to have them side by side like that.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2door it is. āš”
Itā€™ll be nice having two vehicles to work together too. Winching off of one another in the rough stuff... nice
Sponsored