Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will do you one better... anyone who sits on my back seat is going enjoy the ambiance of my garage, because that is where the seats will be.
Exactly. I actually want to build a platform for the rear seats so that I can sit and admire my Bronco while sipping a cold one parked in the garage. Any friends that want to tag along better have their own ride.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is anyone else concerned that the shorter wheelbase of the (vastly superior looking) 2DR might make it a little sketchy doing high speed (or otherwise) antics in the desert? I'm as guilty of as the next guy of poking fun at the 4DR brigade but I now find myself contemplating defection, purely from a stability standpoint. I must admit I feel a bit like a traitor.
Having driven a Jeep TJ Rubicon for 90,000 miles, many of that on 37" tires, I have zero concerns about the 2 door wheelbase and stability. The Bronco 2dr wheelbase is 6" longer than the TJ. Off road, and for rock crawling, the Bronco 2 door wheelbase is a total sweet spot.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The perfect bed length is one where you can use a bed extender and get 8' wood/panels etc. in. Our SuperCrew F150 came up just a bit short. A 6" longer bed would have been great. I liked having 4 regular doors, but I think if I would have checked the rear seat space in the SuperCab and known about the bed length, I might have gone that way.

No matter what, though, the SuperCab does win on looks, as it's the best cab-bed proportion. If I got a Ranger, it 100% would be the SuperCab model.
Funny you mention needing to see it first.... Lets just say that when you're pre-ordering a vehicle, rarely do you have as much information as has been presented for the Bronco.

Example: All we knew was that the bed length was 6', the Ranger was to have 2+2 doors and those with multiple limb amputations would fit in the back. Nobody had any idea what the actual specs were when money was put down for Ranger pre-orders.

People are incredibly pampered on here with how much information was available wellllllllll before the Bronco goes into production. Yet there were quite a few who felt Ford was pulling the wool over their eyes and were disenfranchised with launching a new product to market.

FWIW: i've sat in the back seat of our Super Cab Ranger for about a 40 minute trip with full sized adults in the front. It was.... Not comfortable. 2-door Bronco will be much better, and have tons of storage space!

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the 4Ds are frickin' hot🔥🔥🔥.

Still going 2D because that's what I want. I'm not even a little bit worried about poor handling or, ahem, "bucking."

There will for sure be times when I think about how it would be nice to have a 4D. Just like if I got a 4D, I would sometimes wish for the 2D.

Sponsored

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is anyone else concerned that the shorter wheelbase of the (vastly superior looking) 2DR might make it a little sketchy doing high speed (or otherwise) antics in the desert? I'm as guilty of as the next guy of poking fun at the 4DR brigade but I now find myself contemplating defection, purely from a stability standpoint. I must admit I feel a bit like a traitor.
not concerned in the least. Although... I like the 4d as well-

Ford Bronco 2DR Defectors? Sand Spin 1x1

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only thing I want from the 4DR is the fuel tank. I want the extra 5 gals of range.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4-door is even too small for me. That part won’t be fun
I have been driving an Audi A6 TDI for the last 5 years and around town I get 550 miles per tank and on the freeway I can do almost 700. I'm going to be at the station a bit more with the Bronco.

⛽

Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been driving an Audi A6 TDI for the last 5 years and around town I get 550 miles per tank and on the freeway I can do almost 700. I'm going to be at the station a bit more with the Bronco.

⛽
Think this would put it over the Gross vehicle weight?!?! LOL

Ford Bronco 2DR Defectors? 1618012769825

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Absolutely not. The ride will be fine as long as you're not a total dumb ass.
As for comfort and space, there is no more room in a 4 door than a 2 door for the driver. I'm buying it for me and the rest can piss off.
The 2-door has bigger front doors, so for those of us without freeloaders and minions, the 2-door will be nicer for getting in and out.😁

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was a huge discussion on Ranger5G before that launched how many were getting super cabs or crew cabs. (FWIW, we were in the minority in that segment as well, getting the 6' bed and super cab, because why would you want a truck with a 5' bed?)

Ultimately you have people of the same tribe (Bronco6g) with some minor differentiation based on needs/wants/poor taste.

This is the same here and why some people ordered the 4-door, unfortunately. However, I won't participate in that kind of mud slinging just because somebody wants their vehicle to look terrible. I support them wholesomely and desperately wish they all choose Cactus Gray and Antimatter Blue for their 4-door broncos!
We do have our differences in opinion and to me that is a small matter. What we have in common far outweighs our differences. I enjoy and appreciate your comments because you express them well and I appreciate your sarcasm above all else because you wield it with such skill.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Some of the early videos showing 2 doors driving through sand seemed to make them bounce like a rocking horse. That's not for me.
Thats why they’re called “Bronco”
I never rolled my lifted ‘71 (came close)
But I am thinking with today’s technology, and safety, it’s going to be a hell of a lot better than original Bronco!!!

BobT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond