First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After 8 months of 2D ownership, I have learned that it's a perfect size for me + 1 + dog. Given the smaller space, it does pay dividends to cut down on stuff you bring and try to utilize every inch of free space for stuff. I think a level seat delete + drawers will make all of this so much easier.
Sponsored

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know I am in the minority with this opinion, but I think the four door looks better. Iā€™ve always thought that about the jeeps and the Bronco is no different. The proportions on the two door start to get off especially as you put larger tires on it.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks.
I like the all black look also.
But The Mrs. Wanted the retro metallic blue.
Plus my first car at 16 was a metallic blue Plymouth duster!
Ford Bronco 2dr vs 4dr IMG_6162
Ford Bronco 2dr vs 4dr IMG_6163

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When I first saw the new Bronco a couple of years ago at my local dealership it was a 4 door model. For me it was just too big. Started looking at the Jeep's both 2 and 4 door. The 2 door didn't have enough cargo space for what I needed. I loved the look of the 2 door though. Finally got to see a 2 door bronco and it was the goldi locks effect, just right. I will be using it for my business to tool around in and carry my IT equipment. I am using a Mazda CX5 right now, so the 2 door Bronco will be plenty of space for me. Definitely more cargo room with the back seats up than the Jeep.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We decided to replace the wifeā€™s car with a Bronco and I wanted a 2dr because of the nostalgia of a retro style Bronco. Wife was a long way from convinced back seat accessibility was decent enough even though we rarely have rear seat passengers (kids are grown). I watched a bunch of videos of folks stating rear seat access and room was pretty decent and much better than a 2dr jeep.
I finally thought I had my opportunity to show her a 2dr would work for us when one pulled into the camp site next to us. Dragging my wife over to the owner as he got out, and after some chat about it, I asked how roomy the back seat was and he said heā€™d be glad to show us, but currently the seats were folded down because ā€œhe couldnā€™t get much of anything in the back without folding them downā€.
Dammit. We ordered a 4dr.

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know I am in the minority with this opinion, but I think the four door looks better. Iā€™ve always thought that about the jeeps and the Bronco is no different. The proportions on the two door start to get off especially as you put larger tires on it.
Dude you are on drugs

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
For those that have had or have both how much bigger inside does the 4 dr feel? Do you gain alot in the storage area?
Iā€™ve got a 2 door TJ (Jeep) and I love the size and it looks great but for long off-road trips itā€™s gets small really quick. Also when I used to have a top and doors on it long drives were a bit fatiguing vs my 4 door rubicon (longer wb). I sold the rubicon and got the bronco. For around town the size of the 4 door is perfect (for me) Same on the trails. I never intend to rock crawl my bronco since I have my TJ so the larger size of the 4 door is a non factor for the type of trails I would take it.
Ford Bronco 2dr vs 4dr IMG_8049

two doors look amazing with the top on or off and the proportions are just right but I grew up in a two door blazer
Ford Bronco 2dr vs 4dr IMG_1364

I still have it (bought it off my mom who was the original owner in 08) but getting in and out is a pain in the @ss. Loading gear behind the seats sucks but the body lines are great.
the four ā€œmoarā€ doors is just too damn easy
Ford Bronco 2dr vs 4dr IMG_6369

Good luck OP.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We decided to replace the wifeā€™s car with a Bronco and I wanted a 2dr because of the nostalgia of a retro style Bronco. Wife was a long way from convinced back seat accessibility was decent enough even though we rarely have rear seat passengers (kids are grown). I watched a bunch of videos of folks stating rear seat access and room was pretty decent and much better than a 2dr jeep.
I finally thought I had my opportunity to show her a 2dr would work for us when one pulled into the camp site next to us. Dragging my wife over to the owner as he got out, and after some chat about it, I asked how roomy the back seat was and he said heā€™d be glad to show us, but currently the seats were folded down because ā€œhe couldnā€™t get much of anything in the back without folding them downā€.
Dammit. We ordered a 4dr.
That dude either failed Tetris or brings way too much sh-tuff camping.

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think whatā€™s great about this thread (and a testament to both the 2 and 4Dr is that the opinions vary) is there is no right answer.

Helped my oldest son buy a 2-Dr Bronco (deal for getting full college ride) and weā€™ve had it about 3 months now. Great daily driver! Back seat is surprisingly roomy. Not a lot of room behind rear seats if up but enough for regular day-to-day use.

In my opinion the 2-Dr is a perfect bachelor rig or second vehicle. Obviously not super practical if itā€™s your daily family vehicle but it could work.

Also I think the 2-Dr looks better in more configurations. Looks good in Sasquatch and yet looks good in smaller 32ā€ tires (although I will likely go 33ā€ with next set).

Personally I think the 4Dr only looks good with the Sasquatch package. It needs big tires. Otherwise it has a weird look to it to me.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, itā€™s been about. I donā€™t know how long?
2 years I posted this?
Iā€™ve had my 2door Sasquatch for a year now.
Never thought that this thread would last this long!!!
That is cool!!
Itā€™s neat that people have so many different needs or wants for their specific type of fun/work! And now that Iā€™ve seen the four-door for couple years now Iā€™m getting used to it but Iā€™ll still be a two door guy!
But I see the needs and many reasons, people, either like two-door four-door, etc!
Now I see why Ford probably took so long to produce this thing trying to figure out how to please everyone at least 90% hopefully!!!

So I decided in my case itā€™s been a year, I finally took the rear seats out since nobodyā€™s ridden in the back! I told my wife Iā€™d wait a year to give all my friends rides, but that hasnā€™t Happened!
And Iā€™ve only gone off road once, just a test it out, at an actual off-road park, too, not like real 4Wheelyet!!! Just been busy!!! With life!
And age related issues!!!

plan to build a platform like some of the guys on this platform for some real talented folks out there! Just look at two door Seat delete thread.
Anyway, plan on getting out more! The Hotrod is done so now I can focus on having fun with the Bronco!!!
Thanks for keeping this thread alive. Itā€™s very informative.
Peace to everyone!
-Rick

Ford Bronco 2dr vs 4dr IMG_7777
Ford Bronco 2dr vs 4dr IMG_7748
Ford Bronco 2dr vs 4dr IMG_1505
Ford Bronco 2dr vs 4dr IMG_1507

Sponsored

Sundog

Heritage
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The decision came down to two main factors for me.

1. For over landing, camping and hunting, the four door is the answer. People, dogs, tents, coolers, water, sleeping bags, clothes, guns, food, etc. take up a ton of room. My choice by the way.

2. If your into vehicle looks, rock crawling, extreme four wheel trails, etc., get the two door and a trailer.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I've owned 2, 4door Broncos so far (a 21 Base-Squatch V6, and a 22 Everglades). They were amazing, and I learned that for me, the 4cyl wasn't enough (though it was 'adequate'). But, since I don't have kids at home anymore and since my original interest was based on the Gen1 Broncos, I'm all in on a 2door Heritage in Race Red! I'm scheduled for February and I can't wait!!!!!

Tyistick

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That dude either failed Tetris or brings way too much sh-tuff camping.
When I go hunting.
I pack my animal my kid (wife) if I can get her out.
Rifle's ,pistol, tree stands, and we always use freeze dried food and jerkys and water and a French press and maybe a bottle or booze. I grew up hunting out of a rucksack so I guess not packing a lot of shit has always been a staple in my life. I suppose having more room would be useful but I see no need.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I'm just the opposite, I think the 2 door is the better looking unit, and bigger tires makes it look better like chicks (meant totally non sexist) in 5" heels instead of flip-flops....

Tyistick

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm just the opposite, I think the 2 door is the better looking unit, and bigger tires makes it look better like chicks (meant totally non sexist) in 5" heels instead of flip-flops....
I love "chics".... Strippers specifically in 5" heels... Giggidy...
Sponsored