Arn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 4Runner Sport V8
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi all,

I am looking at used Broncos and leaning towards a 2 door. I just like the look. Why are the back seats different from the 2 and 4 door? Are the vehicle widths different? Or are the 2dr seats just wider with no center seat?
Sponsored

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi all,

I am looking at used Broncos and leaning towards a 2 door. I just like the look. Why are the back seats different from the 2 and 4 door? Are the vehicle widths different? Or are the 2dr seats just wider with no center seat?
It is the wheel wells that squash the 2dr back seat a bit. The rear seat is not quite as wide. But, on the bright side, cup holders.

My 6'3" son has zero issues back there even behind my 6'1" frame behind the wheel.

I have a 2dr. Well, I've had 2, 2dr's.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh I didnt notice the cup holders! All that will go back there are my dogs. Or maybe I will fold the seats flat and use the cargo area instead. Thanks!
If you donā€™t have a family - 2 door is the way to go . I made a tri-fold cargo platform (have a writeup about it here - search my threads). Pretty much the only time my rear seats are up is once a year when my folks come to visit and I need the seating. Rest of the year itā€™s just me and a Pug.

Sponsored
OP
OP

bigcanoe

Base
First Name
Arn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 4Runner Sport V8
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh ok, are the 2dr seats a flatter fold or are the 4dr flatter? I have my wife and 2 dogs thankfully my kids are older and dont go anywhere with me anymore haha! But this would be our fun car, we have a bigger suv if we need it...and a truck!

TXshaggy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Porsche Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh I didnt notice the cup holders! All that will go back there are my dogs. Or maybe I will fold the seats flat and use the cargo area instead. Thanks!
Obviously they fold down on the 2 DRā€¦but I wouldnā€™t describe it as ā€œflatā€.

OP
OP

bigcanoe

Base
First Name
Arn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 4Runner Sport V8
Your Bronco Model
Base
Flat-ish...I have seen people build platforms and remove the rear seats, thats an option too.

Sponsored

Atoledo95

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tbh the 2DR has plenty of space in the rear. Iā€™m surprise how much keg room you can get. I fit my friend whoā€™s 6ā€™2 back there perfect. Also my chunky friend who is 5ā€™10 lol. Iā€™ve also made it with 3 grown adults in the back.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 4dr and love it, but if you don't need to move people around the 2dr is much cooler

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you donā€™t have a family - 2 door is the way to go . I made a tri-fold cargo platform (have a writeup about it here - search my threads). Pretty much the only time my rear seats are up is once a year when my folks come to visit and I need the seating. Rest of the year itā€™s just me and a Pug.
As long as 60% of your family doesn't need any fluid to survive get that bus!
Sponsored