Sponsored

How bad is the back seat space / legroom in a 2dr bronco?

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not just creaky bones, even my kid struggled until I added the steps and grab handle. I think both are requirements if you plan to use the back seat with any frequency.
I added the Paracord handles and that has helped significantly with the kids getting in the back.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™m on team 2 seat also. Soon to be team 1 seat.

E04544A0-CEAF-47E3-A32C-7116398BB541.jpeg
I look forward to seeing the extended level floor mod. I mentioned it as a possibility for a trip out to Moab in the Spring (if I can make it).

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It would get old crawling in and out all the time, but it's really not that bad. We did a 4K mile trip in the spring with 3 adults and everyone took turns in the back. It was easy to get comfortable and no one complained, including myself. Yeah, the rear seats in my wife's Genesis are more comfortable, but rear seats aren't luxury items in smaller vehicles like the Bronco.

I only have one rear seat though and it allows you to put your feet where you want and make it however comfortable you need it to be.

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Getting in/out is the biggest challenge. Itā€™s no ā€œlimoā€ comfort wise. Honestly I bought my 2-door KNOWING itā€™d only be occasionally (if ever) used for rear passengers.

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I spent Sunday wheeling with 3/5ths of the starting offensive line from my son's high school. There's plenty of room. Also plenty of power, that added 850# was barely noticeable. šŸ¤£

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only issue I had was testing it out with the front seat all the way back. At that point it was mostly impossible to remove my (10.5D) feet from under the seat.

I have never felt claustrophobic until that very moment and it kind of freaked me out a little bit. I was very uncomfortable in that moment. That was a new feeling for me.

However, with my 5'-4" wife and about the same height daughter in the front seats, I've ridden in the back a few times and was absolutely fine with the seats in the normal spots for them.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My kids love it, ages 8 and 11. However, I can see them not loving it when they're teenagers. That said, they probably won't want to be seen with me when they are teenagers, so problem solved I guess....
When they're teenagers they'll be jacking it at night and dogging it around town!!!
Don't axe me how I knows this...

broncocoy

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Audi A5 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have looked into this extensively before buying my 2 door. The technical product specifications from Ford are clear the difference in rear seat leg (knee) room is 3/4" less then the 4 door bronco. Hip width and head height are actually greater in the two door chiefly because there is only 2 seats back there. In real world ownership there has never been complaint of space back there from friends as tall as me (6'2") seated BEHIND me while I am in my normal position. I have sat back there myself on occasion when others drive... its more room then either my Audi A5 or A4's I have owned. That said it is a unique challenge to get back to those seats. My girl friends don't have an issue but I know I do... I am not as flexible. If I had a running board it would be less of a problem I think.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I drove a few coworkers to lunch, so of course we stuffed the 6'2" guy in back. He said it was fine other than having to wedge his feet under the seat. It was a little disappointing that he wasn't miserable, but at least we got some entertainment watching him try to figure out how to get out. He got in without issue, though. With some practice I'm sure it would be totally fine.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
By American standards the expectations of rear seat legroom on every vehicle we buy must not be even a single freedom unit less than this:

Ford Bronco How bad is the back seat space / legroom in a 2dr bronco? Screenshot_20221122_200730_YouTube

The center console must be able to hold no fewer than two of these:

Ford Bronco How bad is the back seat space / legroom in a 2dr bronco? s-l1600

Ground clearance and street presence must be this:

Ford Bronco How bad is the back seat space / legroom in a 2dr bronco? b6dea3abce52b8ea0715da5ed8144d01

And not a single MPH slower than either of these:

Ford Bronco How bad is the back seat space / legroom in a 2dr bronco? Dodge-Demon-Ford-GT-Drag-Race

Plus a federally mandated $2.00 per gallon price cap and 30 mpg while also supplying enough storage for your family's picnic lunch at the park with your minimalistic (for America) set of gear like this.

Ford Bronco How bad is the back seat space / legroom in a 2dr bronco? overloaded-truck-with-passengers-on-the-top-at-a-market-south-of-inle-FT11WR

Did I mention that it has to be built entirely of US sourced components, built by well compensated American union workers and not cost more than $30,000?

As much as this may seem like a joke, hang out in the Gen Pop section of B6g and you'll see these sorts of arguments or criticisms for not being built to the above specification quite regularly.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m 6ā€™4ā€ and have to run my seat all the way back and a bit reclined, there isnā€™t room for anyone beyond a double amputee in the seat behind me. I removed both rear seats for a trip to Off Rodeo, they probably donā€™t ever need to go back in. I forced the issue of using the back seat one time, my 81 year old mother was able to get in and out with minimal assistance and didnā€™t complain on a 2 hour trip.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove a few coworkers to lunch, so of course we stuffed the 6'2" guy in back. He said it was fine other than having to wedge his feet under the seat. It was a little disappointing that he wasn't miserable, but at least we got some entertainment watching him try to figure out how to get out. He got in without issue, though. With some practice I'm sure it would be totally fine.
Hey I know this reprobate, Brad Roher, usedta fly/crew chief(?) on that KC10 water bomber on yer profile. You know that bozo?

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey I know this reprobate, Brad Roher, usedta fly/crew chief(?) on that KC10 water bomber on yer profile. You know that bozo?
I work with a couple of Brads (and a few reprobates), but not a Roher. Must have been before my time.

Also, they're mostly converted from Northwest birds, so they're DC10s. But since they're starting to put the KC10 fleet to rest we sure would like their parts to keep our aging fleet in the air!
Sponsored