John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Half way through my delivery window and nothing from my dealer. Hoping any day now. Know it arrived by rail to NJ a little less than a week ago.
Sponsored

Rocket4X4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas, M/Cs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Basically everytime they jump in the car and drive it it turns on the modem and creates a ping where they drive it and drop it off. Since mine rolled out of the factory they have moved it around to 4 different locations at the plant. South west corner, northwest corner, then 50 feet away to another spot and now the north east corner of the plant lot. The last milestone is it was produced to released forcast on on the road to a rail car which is basically all over the lot it seems like until its loaded into a rail car. Connected car is a vehicle with a 4G LTE modem in it that is active.
When I looked at FordPass, it was asking me to do actions within the vehicle to turn on the access. Is there a way to activate and track before having the vehicle?

Mine has been offloaded from the rail car and I'd like to see where it is...

wwrich

Big Bend
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus 2012
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When I looked at FordPass, it was asking me to do actions within the vehicle to turn on the access. Is there a way to activate and track before having the vehicle?

No, you can request activation, but someone must be in the vehicle to accept it. I have my reservation with "Activation Pending" in FordPass hoping someone will hop in at some point and press "accept". Mines is still sitting at the plant. In your case, I doubt anyone will accept it until it shows up at the dealer.

Rocket4X4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas, M/Cs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, you can request activation, but someone must be in the vehicle to accept it. I have my reservation with "Activation Pending" in FordPass hoping someone will hop in at some point and press "accept". Mines is still sitting at the plant. In your case, I doubt anyone will accept it until it shows up at the dealer.
Thanks for the info. "Activation Pending" is where mine is sitting, too.

TexasToasted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Sport Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I checked my email tracker today and it said final preparation so I called the dealership and sure enough it was delivered this morning. I got a few pics to hold me over, now for the long wait (hopefully not) of it being shipped from Colorado to Texas šŸ˜«

Screenshot_20230427_181514_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20230427_181459_Messages.jpg

Sponsored

ozark_stang

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeremy & Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Wildtrak Lux and 2017 Mustang GT Prem
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

You really don't want the vehicle to actually activate within the app. It is my understanding that once the vehicle has been activated within the Ford Pass app their is a count down that begins in the system for the dealership office to get the sale reported to Ford and Ford Pass points for the purchase to process. If the vehicle gets held up a few weeks or a month before the sale is finalized and Ford process the sale as reported there is a possibility reward points will not hit. Once the vehicle is sold a count down begins in the background as well for the vehicle to be activated or points are lost if not activated within that time frame. Just things I have seen happen. Also after that little spurt of F-150 Raptors in transit it seems like they have really locked down on modems being activated in transit.

On a side note. It now appears that mine has made its way to this location. I am wondering if they have given up on rail cars and its going to make the whole trip on a semi trailer to the Ozarks rather than rail car.

https://goo.gl/maps/aj62JYtcN3ha4Z6k7

Ford Bronco 3/20/2023 Build Week with spreadsheet VINView-Details-1FMEE5DP4PLB29312-FreightVerify (2)

Rocket4X4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas, M/Cs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You really don't want the vehicle to actually activate within the app. It is my understanding that once the vehicle has been activated within the Ford Pass app their is a count down that begins in the system for the dealership office to get the sale reported to Ford and Ford Pass points for the purchase to process. If the vehicle gets held up a few weeks or a month before the sale is finalized and Ford process the sale as reported there is a possibility reward points will not hit. Once the vehicle is sold a count down begins in the background as well for the vehicle to be activated or points are lost if not activated within that time frame. Just things I have seen happen. Also after that little spurt of F-150 Raptors in transit it seems like they have really locked down on modems being activated in transit.

On a side note. It now appears that mine has made its way to this location. I am wondering if they have given up on rail cars and its going to make the whole trip on a semi trailer to the Ozarks rather than rail car.

Ford Bronco 3/20/2023 Build Week with spreadsheet VINView-Details-1FMEE5DP4PLB29312-FreightVerify (2)
Thanks for the info. How are you seeing the location of your Bronco?

ozark_stang

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeremy & Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the info. How are you seeing the location of your Bronco?
The dealership mine is ordered through, their freight tracking system.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I asked my dealer for a screenshot using the gps and got this. It's not what I was expecting to see as far as the level of detail.
Ford Bronco 3/20/2023 Build Week with spreadsheet 1682698857335

I matched it up with this image from Google maps, it puts it on Van Born Rd either in the woods or in someones driveway. ??
Ford Bronco 3/20/2023 Build Week with spreadsheet 1682699051802

Last edited:

Sponsored

wwrich

Big Bend
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus 2012
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Ford Bronco 3/20/2023 Build Week with spreadsheet 5091BBB4-0919-4778-8B43-408BDBD57A99
Thanks for that, guess I won't request it again. Just was denied today by the "primary user". Hopefully, that means something.

fordtruck76_390

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 F250 4x4 Highboy
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Ford Pass activation request was just denied after sitting as ā€œActivation Pendingā€ for 3-4 weeks. Hopefully that means theyā€™re getting it moved and ready to ship.

Iā€™m not going to request it again after reading ozark_stangā€™s post above, but Iā€™m hoping to see some positive movement soon. Thank you for that info!

Iā€™m keeping my fingers crossed.šŸ¤ž

ozark_stang

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeremy & Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I asked my dealer for a screenshot using the gps and got this. It's not what I was expecting to see as far as the level of detail.
Ford Bronco 3/20/2023 Build Week with spreadsheet 5091BBB4-0919-4778-8B43-408BDBD57A99

I matched it up with this image from Google maps, it puts it on Van Born Rd either in the woods or in someones driveway. ??
There is another tab and button in VINview they can click that shoes them on the map where the vehicle was located last time it was started and the modem pinged.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

^^^ Thanks. I think my dealer is getting annoyed with me. I may stop in soon and ask again.
Built since 3/26, still 'awaiting shipping' and not getting any answers......
Sponsored