Sponsored

3.5x chose Wildtrak over OBX sas (per our current 6G orders). What was your reasoning?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I found this stat to be surprising. As of right now, we have 212 Wildtrak orders and only 60 OBX sas orders.

So what was the driving force for you Wildtrak guys to choose it over the OBX sas?

I am curious if the interior was the driving force. It is even more perplexing because the cloth camo on the Wildtrak probably has a very low take rate, and the OBX offers 4 different interior options between cloth/leather on navy pier and roast. Granted, navy pier also has a low take rate, but it cant be as bad as the Wildtrak camo. Add that all up, and still, 3.5 times more people are picking the Wildtrak. Putting probably only a handful of camo cloth orders aside, my read is that sandstone leather is 3.5x preferred over roast leather, roast cloth, navy pier cloth, and navy pier leather COMBINED.

Or maybe the baja GOAT mode played a part it in....otherwise, both trucks could be optioned similarly, and price very closely. Plus the OBX has correctly matched mirrors.

My gut says it's predominately the preference of sandstone leather over roast leather. I would also think that those looking for a loaded truck would quickly migrate over to the Wildtrak, and skip over OBX without giving it much thought. But this is an enthusiast forum, and Im sure more people here really did their homework and picked the Wildtrak over OBX sas for specific reasons.

For me personally, I am 90% leaning towards a lux OBX sas AMB roast leather, but the more I look at the sandstone it grows on me, slightly.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

my read is that sandstone leather is 3.5x preferred over roast leather, roast cloth, navy pier cloth, and navy pier leather COMBINED.
The sandstone leather was the deciding factor for me.

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I found this stat to be surprising. As of right now, we have 212 Wildtrak orders and only 60 OBX sas orders.

So what was the driving force for you Wildtrak guys to chose it over the OBX sas?

I am curious if the interior was the driving force. It is even more perplexing because the cloth camo on the Wildtrak probably has a very low take rate, and the OBX offers 4 different interior options between cloth/leather on navy pier and roast. Granted, navy pier also has a low take rate, but it cant be as bad as the Wildtrak camo. Add that all up, and still, 3.5 times more people are picking the Wildtrak. Putting probably only a handful of camo cloth orders aside, my read is that sandstone leather is 3.5x preferred over roast leather, roast cloth, navy pier cloth, and navy pier leather COMBINED.

Or maybe the baja GOAT mode played a part it in....otherwise, both trucks could be optioned similarly, and price very closely. Plus the OBX has correctly matched mirrors.

My gut says it's predominately the preference of sandstone leather over roast leather. I would also think that those looking for a loaded truck would quickly migrate over to the Wildtrak, and skip over OBX without giving it much thought. But this is an enthusiast forum, and Im sure more people here really did their homework and picked the Wildtrak over OBX sas for specific reasons.

For me personally, I am 90% leaning towards a lux OBX sas AMB roast leather, but the more I look at the sandstone it grows on me, slightly.
I would tend to agree that the interiors is a major factor, but the stance and exterior look of the WT is definitely a lot better than the other options. My guess would a lot of guys are okay with Sandstone for the exterior look of the WT.

This was one of my biggest debates, and frankly the Sandstone is way too light for my liking and lifestyle so went with OBX. Figure I can fix the beauty ring on the SAS wheels and get a new grille and my problems are solved.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the WT look aesthetically, the black wheels, mirror caps, black grill, and I actually dig the camo interior.

But Iā€™m in the minority with the interior choice but Iā€™ve never been too picky on the interior crap, as long as itā€™s durable ....

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what was the driving force for you Wildtrak guys to chose it over the OBX sas?

Wildtrak is cheaper with the options I want.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sandstone over Roast, better grille, black mirror caps, black beauty rings, extra GOAT mode, and rumored (from the factory) 2" higher lift for WT vs. other squatched versions.

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We love the sand/black camo cloth seats, black on black wheels and with the Sasquatch package standard it was a no brainer for us as we were going to upgrade the wheels/tire/shocks later on...

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was looking at Badlands, but with the options I want (loaded), the Wildtrak is less money than the Badlands and all I'm really loosing is Swaybar disconnect. I also prefer the painted door handles and black grill.

That said, I'm still trying to decide if Sasquatch is as much delay as I think it will be, will I go back to a 33" Badlands to get it quicker, still arguing with myself on that one, especially after seeing the pictures of 33's and 35's next to each other.

OBX was never one I seriously looked at. I think you'll find more of the Wildtrak buyers moving from Badlands than OBX.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well since you asked
(I feel like this thread was created for me!)

I was obx for a while. @Used2jeep and @EvlNvrDys know.
I wanted the wildtrak exterior but I enjoyed the features of the obx which included sunglass holder and the idea of having a more colorful playful interior. So I built my obx up to be like the wildtrak.

• sas
  • Black top
  • Plan to powder coat my sas wheels black

I particularly liked the frankenbronc interior and damn near prayed to God that this wasn't a mistake and instead Fords intention
Ford Bronco 3.5x chose Wildtrak over OBX sas (per our current 6G orders). What was your reasoning? C88988D9-5190-423C-B997-06A8505D4CA3

Alas my hopes and dreams were foolhardy because yep, that was just a weird MAP mistake.
So I took a gamble and ordered the navy pier cloth interior, knowing full well I'd miss automatic seats, but thinking they would still look good. When @618TRVLWILD and the stig released the photos of navy pier, I knew I made a mistake and asked my dealer to change my order to the wildtrak STAT!

(As much as I love the cloth roast seats, I can't bring myself to accept the bronze dashboard with blue handles. It's too much of a cluster fuck for me to force myself to like. Sorry for those who love it... it just doesn't flow with my sensibilities)

In the end, I ended up with the original build I fell in love with last fall. A51 4dr wildtrak with black top. It's going to be a common build I'm sure. But the heart wants what the heart desires

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sandstone over Roast, better grille, black mirror caps, black beauty rings, extra GOAT mode, and rumored (from the factory) 2" higher lift for WT vs. other squatched versions.
Agreed on the grille. When I submitted my obx grill, I actually added the bar to help cover up the grille šŸ˜…
I mean I like the bar too and that's half why I did it

Now that I switched back to wildtrak, no bar for me. The wildtrak has mt favorite grille

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I considered a WT over OBX with pricing of my similarly optioned models being within a few hundred dollars. I wanted the WT more for the blacked out look and hood decal.

I just can't do with the sandstone interior. I have a 2010 Fusion that has a 2-tone interior, mostly black, but windows up and headliner are sandstone. The sandstone gets dirty, dusty, and shows grime very easily with just windows being opened. I can only imagine how it will be on an open top and off road vehicle. Especially with the top of the dash being sandstone.
Sponsored

Last edited: