Sponsored

3.5x chose Wildtrak over OBX sas (per our current 6G orders). What was your reasoning?

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I considered a WT over OBX with pricing of my similarly optioned models being within a few hundred dollars. I wanted the WT more for the blacked out look and hood decal.

I just can't do with the sandstone interior. I have a 2010 Fusion that has a 2-tone interior, mostly black, but windows up and headliner are sandstone. The sandstone gets dirty, dusty, and shows grime very easily with just windows being opened. I can only imagine how it will be on an open top and off road vehicle. Especially with the top of the dash being sandstone.
My F250 had about the same color interior as the Wildrak, but no black at all. We regularly hauled feed in it, and got feed at the mill. If you've ever done that, you know how much gets inside. The interior stayed a lot cleaner than my cloth seats on the F150 have.
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really good points!
For the dog, I plan to only have him in the bike seat with the seats down so that he's not getting too bold either the leather

For the floors, spring for the cargo and floor mats. They actually look fairly premium and well branded
I try to keep the seats up in the truck, but I take the dogs to the dog park every morning and putting a cover on could work, but it’s a pita to take it off to fold the seats up. I like my floor liners and agree they look great, I just never take them out, so I have never even seen the carpet. It is the first time I had the full liners and really prefer them to my nicer looking, but always dirty carpeted floor mats. So now I will just have it permanently lined! Hopefully I can keep the seats folded flat most of the time to keep the dogs and their nails off the MGV. I can always put in the same cover we have in our Explorer. It’s pretty convenient and keeps the seats 100% clean, just didn’t really work for the Super Crew seating and set up.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm OK with either interior, but Wildtrak is a little over $7300 more with the same options as Outer Banks. That's a big NO. Plus the mirrors and flares don't match the top on Wildtrak.
The mirrors need to match the flares? Who told you this? Missy?

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks guys. So far, I prefer the beauty rings. I love the concavity of the OBX grille accentuating the classic bronco facade. The flush BL and Wildtrak grille make it look snout like. I think the sandstone seats look better. But dislike the fact that the colors of the dash are inverted on the wildtrak. It’s reversed of what your eyes want to see. Love the silver dash on the OBX but dislike the blue accents paired with the bronze dash surround.

My biggest negatives on the OBX are the bronze dash (if it were black it would be a done deal), lack of Baja, and resale probably gets dinged a couple K just because. While I think the sandstone is sharper, my toddlers will severely mess it up.

sometimes I wonder how much it would cost to swap the OBX dash surround with a black one like the FE black interior. That would solve all my problems.

still waffling, but leaning roast OBX. Just surprised that take rate between the two isn’t 1:1 vs 3.5:1, hence the need for the thread.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm OK with either interior, but Wildtrak is a little over $7300 more with the same options as Outer Banks. That's a big NO. Plus the mirrors and flares don't match the top on Wildtrak.
This thread is strictly comparing a sasquatched OBX to WT. nothing to do with a non sasquatched OBX. You can’t compare those two.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I try to keep the seats up in the truck, but I take the dogs to the dog park every morning and putting a cover on could work, but it’s a pita to take it off to fold the seats up. I like my floor liners and agree they look great, I just never take them out, so I have never even seen the carpet. It is the first time I had the full liners and really prefer them to my nicer looking, but always dirty carpeted floor mats. So now I will just have it permanently lined! Hopefully I can keep the seats folded flat most of the time to keep the dogs and their nails off the MGV. I can always put in the same cover we have in our Explorer. It’s pretty convenient and keeps the seats 100% clean, just didn’t really work for the Super Crew seating and set up.
Lots of typos in my post but looks like you understood it

Yeah the fact you haven't seen the carpets in a while means they're clean! Great for trading in.

Do you harness your dog's in or let em roam free bCk there ?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of typos in my post but looks like you understood it

Yeah the fact you haven't seen the carpets in a while means they're clean! Great for trading in.

Do you harness your dog's in or let em roam free bCk there ?
I am probably going to get into trouble with people, but they roam. The cover in the Explorer actually adds some safety, adding a barrier between the front seats and adding height and security from them getting tossed in the back. I love my dogs and try and care for them well, but it wasn’t that many years ago I had my dogs ride in the open bed of my pickup 🧑🏼‍🌾

Engineeredthisway24

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...But dislike the fact that the colors of the dash are inverted on the wildtrak. It’s reversed of what your eyes want to see. Love the silver dash on the OBX but dislike the blue accents paired with the bronze dash surround.

My biggest negatives on the OBX are the bronze dash (if it were black it would be a done deal), lack of Baja, and resale probably gets dinged a couple K just because. While I think the sandstone is sharper, my toddlers will severely mess it up.

sometimes I wonder how much it would cost to swap the OBX dash surround with a black one like the FE black interior. That would solve all my problems.
So, I remember a problem the Porsche community had with tan/beige/lighter color dashes due to glare in the windshield (due to the rake of most Porsche windshields) and it resulted in Porsche having to provide the complainers with polarized sunglasses. RIDICULOUS. Now, I have a sand beige interior and I also have SLIGHT glare issues. I can see your point in being weary of this issue, but I can't give any legit feedback as I have not been inside of a new Bronco nor have I seen the glare reality of the lighter colored dashes in pics on here. Regardless, if this is an issue there are several solutions like dash covers that don't cheapen the interior of the truck. Also, the black FE interior is SEXY and I fully agree it would be titties to have that as an option on the higher trims. :)

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks guys. So far, I prefer the beauty rings. I love the concavity of the OBX grille accentuating the classic bronco facade. The flush BL and Wildtrak grille make it look snout like. I think the sandstone seats look better. But dislike the fact that the colors of the dash are inverted on the wildtrak. It’s reversed of what your eyes want to see. Love the silver dash on the OBX but dislike the blue accents paired with the bronze dash surround.

still waffling, but leaning roast OBX. Just surprised that take rate between the two isn’t 1:1 vs 3.5:1, hence the need for the thread.
You can get a grey dash with the OBX, just changed the seating color to the Navy Pier

Techguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford & Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was originally an OBX, but when comparing it to the Wildtrak, the loss of the Baja mode and the body colored mirrors (unless black), not to mention the blue stitching in the roast base seats, was just too much to stay. If I'm not seduced to a Badlands, I will go with the Wildtrak base seats and plan on getting them recovered in a better leather, at a lower cost, than the leather upgrade. Those of us with Wranglers are very used to seat recovers.

Sponsored

Typicole

Outer Banks
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m one of the few who apparently did the opposite and went with the OBX after I had planned on getting the WT. When I priced them out with the same features, the WT came out a little over $700 more. I like the roast interior better and think the lack of the beauty rings will still look good with the cactus gray. I don’t think I realistically have a need for the Baja mode living in the PNW. Pulled the trigger yesterday on a 2.7 Lux Sasquatch OBX with leather roast seats. Pretty much went all out and am super stoked on it.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I found this stat to be surprising. As of right now, we have 212 Wildtrak orders and only 60 OBX sas orders.

So what was the driving force for you Wildtrak guys to choose it over the OBX sas?

I am curious if the interior was the driving force. It is even more perplexing because the cloth camo on the Wildtrak probably has a very low take rate, and the OBX offers 4 different interior options between cloth/leather on navy pier and roast. Granted, navy pier also has a low take rate, but it cant be as bad as the Wildtrak camo. Add that all up, and still, 3.5 times more people are picking the Wildtrak. Putting probably only a handful of camo cloth orders aside, my read is that sandstone leather is 3.5x preferred over roast leather, roast cloth, navy pier cloth, and navy pier leather COMBINED.

Or maybe the baja GOAT mode played a part it in....otherwise, both trucks could be optioned similarly, and price very closely. Plus the OBX has correctly matched mirrors.

My gut says it's predominately the preference of sandstone leather over roast leather. I would also think that those looking for a loaded truck would quickly migrate over to the Wildtrak, and skip over OBX without giving it much thought. But this is an enthusiast forum, and Im sure more people here really did their homework and picked the Wildtrak over OBX sas for specific reasons.

For me personally, I am 90% leaning towards a lux OBX sas AMB roast leather, but the more I look at the sandstone it grows on me, slightly.
Well, thats why we actually have options . . . I actually LIKE the Roast/Onyx color scheme, and i got my OBX in leather with High, not Lux. I don't like the LUX driving aids that take the wheel from me. I did not want the Sasquatch, too noisey (I assume) and even lower mileage. I did get the rear locker in my OBX, and i would have gone for an option for 33" AT (not MT) tires. I might eventually opt for a .67" coilover lift for 33" tires.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You must have left something off. Any trim that is built to WT specs cost more, or at least within a couple hundred.

If you were 7,300 off, you didn't compare apples to apples. Not saying you have to.. after all the WT may have things you don't want.

As for color matching the mirror caps in the grills are gloss black, the top and the fender flares are the MIC color.

Generally speaking you pick the trim for the interior choices and build from there. If you want at least High, you arenlocked into the top 3 which leaves you an all dark MGV/Rubber interior, a oddly colored Bronze color, or an Awesome WT interior ;) and as others have mentioned, If the camo really bothers you get seat covers.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I found this stat to be surprising. As of right now, we have 212 Wildtrak orders and only 60 OBX sas orders.

I am curious if the interior was the driving force. It is even more perplexing because the cloth camo on the Wildtrak probably has a very low take rate, and the OBX offers 4 different interior options between cloth/leather on navy pier and roast. Granted, navy pier also has a low take rate, but it cant be as bad as the Wildtrak camo. Add that all up, and still, 3.5 times more people are picking the Wildtrak. Putting probably only a handful of camo cloth orders aside, my read is that sandstone leather is 3.5x preferred over roast leather, roast cloth, navy pier cloth, and navy pier leather COMBINED.

Or maybe the baja GOAT mode played a part it in....otherwise, both trucks could be optioned similarly, and price very closely. Plus the OBX has correctly matched mirrors.

My gut says it's predominately the preference of sandstone leather over roast leather. I would also think that those looking for a loaded truck would quickly migrate over to the Wildtrak, and skip over OBX without giving it much thought. But this is an enthusiast forum, and Im sure more people here really did their homework and picked the Wildtrak over OBX sas for specific reasons.

For me personally, I am 90% leaning towards a lux OBX sas AMB roast leather, but the more I look at the sandstone it grows on me, slightly.
Strangely enough, I have a WT with cloth on order for the GF, and I ordered an OBX with cloth. To be honest, I prefer the OBX cloth, she prefers the WT cloth (mostly because it has a Bronco on it - I think). Here in the South Texas heat leather or MGV really isn't pleasant most of the time (unless you are into 2nd and 3rd degree burns).

I really did want Baja Mode, and was disappointed thinking that the OBX wouldn't have it, but thank Forscan it does now. I found myself with unhappy compromises regardless of what trim and packages I ordered. I ended up ordering the 2 door 2.7 OBX adv 4x4 in Carbonized Gray with roast cloth interior, LUX and TOW - but no Sasquatch. She ended up ordering the 2 door 2.7 WT in Race Red with the camo cloth interior, LUX and TOW (which includes adv 4x4 and Sasquatch - I later added HOSS 3.0 to her order).

They are about $5k apart in price, because the WT was a Granger order and the OBX was through Military Auto Sales. Sticker price would have been a greater delta, I believe. I got exactly what I wanted, and I love the cloth interior in the OBX, it's super comfortable (20k miles in 6 months).

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, thats why we actually have options . . . I actually LIKE the Roast/Onyx color scheme, and i got my OBX in leather with High, not Lux. I don't like the LUX driving aids that take the wheel from me. I did not want the Sasquatch, too noisey (I assume) and even lower mileage. I did get the rear locker in my OBX, and i would have gone for an option for 33" AT (not MT) tires. I might eventually opt for a .67" coilover lift for 33" tires.
I ordered up the Badlands suspension and added 33.5" tires on the 17x9 +30 offset RTR rims. This is a picture of it before the Badlands suspension. You don't need a lift to run 33's.

Marks Bronco.jpg
Sponsored