Sponsored

3.5x chose Wildtrak over OBX sas (per our current 6G orders). What was your reasoning?

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Simple.
Cost effectivity.
The price of any other trim equipped the same (not similar) as a Wildtrak is more expensive than just ordering a Wildtrak.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This thread is strictly comparing a sasquatched OBX to WT. nothing to do with a non sasquatched OBX. You can’t compare those two.
Why can't you? You absolutely can and should compare them depending on your specific needs. That was my biggest hurdle was comparing the three of them OBX non-Sasquatch, OBX Sasquatch, and WT. In the end, I chose to go a slightly different route with more articulation then the OBX Sasquatch or WT by using a Badlands suspension and slightly smaller tires (33.5") because I didn't want to put highway miles on a set of 35's. Yes, I gave up the front locker (reluctantly). Also there are other reasons to compare, like HOSS 3.0 availability on the WT vs the OBX Sasquatch, but that's almost like comparing a non-Sasquatch OBX to the WT. ;)

FWIW, to answer another question about weight I saw earlier - my OBX weighed in around 4600#.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered up the Badlands suspension and added 33.5" tires on the 17x9 +30 offset RTR rims. This is a picture of it before the Badlands suspension. You don't need a lift to run 33's.

Marks Bronco.jpg
Thats nice, Mark. So far, the stock OBX has done fine on the beach, and I'm seriously considering getting a set of the Ford Performance Ranger 17x8.5 wheels which also fit the Bronco ($1,050/5 including TPMS) and a set of 285/70R17 Micky Thompson Baja Boss AT in the C load rating. A little more sand floatation would be nice for deep sand, but with the rear locker and airing down, Im doing fine! (Pic. Last week, Amelia Island State Park, FL).

20220517_165257.jpg

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
  • I prefer the black and tan interior on the WT, although the blue on the OBX was a close second. I've had enough all-black interiors in vehicles in my life.
  • Definitely prefer the black rings over the 'warm alloy.' Would have had them anodized a dark gray if I hadn't gotten the WT.
  • I didn't care for the running boards that come with the OBX, wanted something narrower and higher
  • I liked the WT grill better, but like the interior, it wasn't by much, the OBX one is my second favorite from the lineup
  • With the options I wanted anyways (V6, Lux, overhead switches, etc), the WT came out a hair cheaper
Really out of all of this, my biggest beef with the lineup is that an equally optioned, non-squatch Badlands comes out to be more expensive than either of those.

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From day one I had a Wildtrack ordered and was completely satisfied with my build choice. Then we were pushed to 2022. So I modified my Wildtrack order to eruption green. Still completely satisfied with my order, but I never really looked at obx. As I began to look at the 2022 Wildtrack a few things started to bother me, mic door handels, mic mirrors but a gloss grill. I was thinking, why did they do that, its the upper trim level. Then one day, I really don't know why, I did a build and price on a SAS OBX and was suprised that my build actually came in slightly cheaper than the Wildtrack, then I was thinking, painted mirror caps and door handeks look better than mic, then the final domino was, Roast interior with Eruption Green, wow that would really look more upscale. I immediately called my dealer and changed my order, no regrets. Well now it just needs to get built, hopefully it will be a 2022.

Sponsored

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wish the WT had an option for grey interior and seats. With as much as I spent on my BB, I could've easily purchased the WT. I just can't do sandstone...

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think it comes down to the OBX having painted flares, no matter if it’s Sas or not…

I think most men don’t want that, as most vehicles on the market, particularly soccer mom vehicles, already have that. The market is saturated with vehicles with painted flares.

Just look at the Sahara…. More often than not, it’s a chick behind the wheel.

Yes, I know, some dudes will reply, “I have a Sahara…” or, “I have an OBX…”

Right, right…. I get it. I’m saying “most” men don’t go that route, but not all.
Sponsored