Sponsored

3.5x chose Wildtrak over OBX sas (per our current 6G orders). What was your reasoning?

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did we ever get the GVWR for the Wildtrak 4 door? It was missing before. Looks like on the 2 door, the Wildtrak got special treatment with a bump up in GVWR. I know it’s probably just a technicality but if I had to guess the wildtrak and OBX weigh the same (per the 2 door) and the wildtrak 4 door would get 6
Ford Bronco 3.5x chose Wildtrak over OBX sas (per our current 6G orders). What was your reasoning? 381DFA7F-18AA-48CD-AFAB-AD968EB70B0B
0 lbs or more payload over the OBX.
Sponsored

josephs6392

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1940 Ford roadster pickup, 1947 Ford 5W coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I considered a WT over OBX with pricing of my similarly optioned models being within a few hundred dollars. I wanted the WT more for the blacked out look and hood decal.

I just can't do with the sandstone interior. I have a 2010 Fusion that has a 2-tone interior, mostly black, but windows up and headliner are sandstone. The sandstone gets dirty, dusty, and shows grime very easily with just windows being opened. I can only imagine how it will be on an open top and off road vehicle. Especially with the top of the dash being sandstone.
My wife also has that sandstone (light tan) leather in her Focus. I hate it because it looks grungy even though it is a clean low miles car. We wear denim and it leaves color in the leather. Definitely hard to keep clean. I am sticking with the Roast Leather to help hide it.

SK29

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My wife also has that sandstone (light tan) leather in her Focus. I hate it because it looks grungy even though it is a clean low miles car. We wear denim and it leaves color in the leather. Definitely hard to keep clean. I am sticking with the Roast Leather to help hide it.

Lots of very similar thoughts here .... I have ordered WT but I am fairly certain I will be switching to OBX .... wife likes the roast leather more than the sandstone ... loaded up OBX the way I did it was within a couple hundred dollars of WT so I am fine with it....can’t go wrong either way, great looking rides!!

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going with a non sas BL, but If I was going to SAS it would be WT

- when I price out on the CAD B&P, it's actually slightly cheaper for similarly equipped WT vs OBX SAS (not sure if this is a rock star thing). a BB SAS is within $2K as well
- personal opinion but I like the interior of the WT over the OBX, not a fan of the blue/roast dash and seats, as well as the silver middle section. the WT interior isn't my fav either, but I kinda like the leather sandstone
- pretty minor on this one, but prefer the all black on the SAS rims

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just CAN’T do the Wildtrak interior + esp. dash. So I still go back and forth between OBX with aftermarket 33s (and replace those blue grab handles with some pretty woods ones) or BL. After seeing the KOH the Bilsteins in Baja mode looks pretty amazing — I wish we knew details of the Ford lift. But I don’t need BL rock capabilities, and am wary of the weight.
Ford Bronco 3.5x chose Wildtrak over OBX sas (per our current 6G orders). What was your reasoning? 1612919149882

Sponsored

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reservation was for OB, switched to and ordered Wildtrak for the price/options mix, then saw the sandstone interior and that was the deal breaker. I switched my order to Badlands with MGV for features / look. Relaxed a bit on my price to get what I really wanted. I figured I am spending mid-$50k range, so what's another $1,000 (or so)...

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was all in on the WT, I like light tan interiors. But after a lot of thought, open top vehicle, outdoors activity vehicle I had to make the the change to a OBX with Roast leather. I was within $200 between the builds. I have a car with a super almost white interior and it takes a lot of work to keep looking good.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For me I think initially it started out with placement on the Build and Price tool. So, there was an escalation of premium trims up the the FE and I got comfortable building WT. The next comparison was the WT to the BL and when I built them similarly the WT came up about $2500 cheaper. I could close the gap by choosing MGV over leather but I feared the BL would never look premium inside without carpet. You can spray those rubber floors all you want but a dirty look is going to be present unless they’re scrubbed, and then you’re defeating the purpose and convenience. I can get rubber mats for the WT and take them out to clean them, like I’ve always done, and vacuum the carpet.
I ended up giving the OBX a real close look right before ordering because it’s the most attractive of the bunch IMO. The painted fender flares with AMB paint is going to be beautiful with great lines in the sun And I was surprised to see after adding SAS, 2.7, MIC top that the OBX was only $300 over my WT build. And I preferred the Navy Pier leather look better with my AMB paint selection than the leather sandstone and onyx in the WT with the same paint. But in the end, I liked the meaner look of the WT, with the blacked out appearance and it felt like better value. It felt like the trim closest to the FE, especially before adding all the goodies.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sandstone over Roast, better grille, black mirror caps, black beauty rings, BAJA mode, and I imagine a loaded Wikdtrak will hold its value better than a loaded OBX.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The sandstone leather 100%

I was buying the OB no X wife didn't want 35s. We just couldn't get past the blue or brown so I told her if 35s are to big I'll swap them for 33s. and will add the side mirror caps if she has to have them.

Its a win for me I like all the extras.

I wanted Badlands but its really the wife second ride I have a 93 cobra. Already sold the Jeep lol

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I prefer the MGV and rubber floor. I did not want 35” tires or the 32s, but did want the HD front axle and locker. My wife and I both preferred the MIC flares and top, looked more “Bronco” to us. We went through every model at one point or another and OBX w/rear locker and advanced transfer case was a top contender until we looked at my F150 and agreed the MGV was really the best choice. The dogs trash the seats and I have never removed the full rubber liners on the interior, so why have cloth and carpet? Just to remember summer when the sand is still stuck in it in the middle of winter and have something to use our interior shampoo on?😊

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I prefer the MGV and rubber floor. I did not want 35” tires or the 32s, but did want the HD front axle and locker. My wife and I both preferred the MIC flares and top, looked more “Bronco” to us. We went through every model at one point or another and OBX w/rear locker and advanced transfer case was a top contender until we looked at my F150 and agreed the MGV was really the best choice. The dogs trash the seats and I have never removed the full rubber liners on the interior, so why have cloth and carpet? Just to remember summer when the sand is still stuck in it in the middle of winter and have something to use our interior shampoo on?😊
Really good points!
For the dog, I plan to only have him in the bike seat with the seats down so that he's not getting too bold either the leather

For the floors, spring for the cargo and floor mats. They actually look fairly premium and well branded

Engineeredthisway24

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was also on the OB SAS wagon, but then saw several photos of 2-door WT builds from the Stig and I instantly changed my mind. I am aware I can add all of the items post delivery, but I also love the camo cloth option. The main reason I ultimately submitted my order for a WT stems from the overall cost/standard option benefits along with the shadow appearance cues. I won't be selling my Bronco, so I am not willing to give up the options I want. Shit, it might even mean I can choose the new colors or options coming with the MY22 builds which is exciting in itself. Cheers everyone and good luck with your choices!

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1. My WT build was cheaper than a pretty much identical OBX build.
2. I like the black-out look on exteriors.
3. The all black WT wheels are much better looking than regular squatch wheels.
4. They make seat covers to cover that awful digicam 😂

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm OK with either interior, but Wildtrak is a little over $7300 more with the same options as Outer Banks. That's a big NO. Plus the mirrors and flares don't match the top on Wildtrak.
Sponsored