steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen some older threads on this so think I have a rough idea of what's possible but would really appreciate some opinions.

My 2 door non-squatch Badlands is scheduled to be built in a few weeks. I'm planning on trading in my Jeep gladiator which is on 37x12.5 yokahama geolanders which I really like. Assuming the dealer will give me basically no credit for the bigger tires so here are my options.

(1) My plan all along has been to immediately upgrade to toyo open country 35x12.5 tires, keeping the factory non-squatch rims (which I personally like), running 1.25" Bora spacers (which I've already purchased), removing crash bars and not lifting or leveling. Cost to do this by trading in my ko2s is like $1600 bucks out the door.

(2) Second thought I just had. Have my dealer swap the 37s off my gladiator to my bronco. Effectively a free upgrade. And put my tire fund towards a modest lift.

So what do yall think about (1) versus (2)? And importantly, what is the minimum lift / level i would need to accommodate the 37s?

This will not be a daily driver. Wheeling will be very minimal. Gas mileage not a huge concern. Either tire upgrade is maining for looks. But I want the truck to function properly. And I would prefer not to go full suspension replacement. Something much more modest both for looks and because the factory suspension is good enough for all my needs if I can get the rub sorted.

Thanks for your opinions.
Sponsored

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

if U do a 1” front leveling kit, a 1.5” body lift (Broncbuster), and get the JKS big tire kit you should be able to accomplish 37s without having to take your suspension outside of acceptable factory angles

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you 2.3 or 2.7? Manual or automatic?

OP
OP
steverollin

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.7 auto. My gladiator has 4.10 gearing and a dog of an engine so assume this should be a noticeable step up with the 4.56 and 2.7.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.7 auto. My gladiator has 4.10 gearing and a dog of an engine so assume this should be a noticeable step up with the 4.56 and 2.7.
The 2.7/4.56 combo should push 37s just fine. You will need to verify your wheel offset, most go with 0 offset when fitting 37s as well as minimum 2" lift. Personally, for a small lift I'd go with a simple perch collar on the factory Bilstiens

Sponsored

Evans67bro

Black Diamond
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 67Bronco,2022 BD,2023 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Stick with the 35s. A lot less work they look great and much easier on your suspension and steering components. Plus a lot cheaper to replace down the road. 37s are stupid expensive. Unless you are wheeling it hard no need for 37s. And if you dont put a big lift on you will lose your articulation. Yeah you can say you have 37s but there is no real advantage.

Havanajoe

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5 coupe. Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did 2.25” RPG perch collar lift romoved the crash bars and +1 offset and there seems to be room for 37”’s
Also did BDS Upper control arms while it was there to help geometry and it’s much beefier Cost was $2600 total
Ford Bronco 37s on stock Badlands dilemma 2B9D007C-2550-4771-9F5C-49CD7016C2C4

OP
OP
steverollin

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stick with the 35s. A lot less work they look great and much easier on your suspension and steering components. Plus a lot cheaper to replace down the road. 37s are stupid expensive. Unless you are wheeling it hard no need for 37s. And if you dont put a big lift on you will lose your articulation. Yeah you can say you have 37s but there is no real advantage.
fair, but in this case my 37s are free since i'm taking them off my gladiator with 8k miles. And new 35s will run me 1600+ with the trade. Otherwise tend to agree. By the way all tire prices are just out of control. I remember when 500 bucks a tire would be just for z rated 315 michelins. Now the damn ko2 33's retail for 400 bucks. It's insane

Epenney

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did 2.25” RPG perch collar lift romoved the crash bars and +1 offset and there seems to be room for 37”’s
Also did BDS Upper control arms while it was there to help geometry and it’s much beefier Cost was $2600 total
Ford Bronco 37s on stock Badlands dilemma 2B9D007C-2550-4771-9F5C-49CD7016C2C4
I'd pay you that much just to have my garage look like that :D

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bandlands nonSAS, no lift on 35x12.50
vs
Wildtrak w/ HOSS 3.0 w/ OE 315

Wildtrak has 1/2” more clearance measured to same point of the frame. I have GRT 1.25” collar lift to level the front of the Badlands, if I choose to. They also offered a kit to clear 37s. Perch collar over Pucks. But better to just do it right from the start w/ a coilover/UCA pkg.

Ford Bronco 37s on stock Badlands dilemma 6B431124-0A9B-478C-9503-A5464B241172

OE KO2 vs MT Boss AT 35x12.50
Ford Bronco 37s on stock Badlands dilemma 2AC85F1F-2632-42D8-8207-AF4078B70E71

Last edited:

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are wanting to go 37's skip all the body lift's, perch collars, spacers and do it right the first time with new coilovers and uca's. Buy once, cry once. Panda Motorworks sells the Eibachs for less than 2k and has another brand that comes with uca's for a few hundred more. You can then sell your BL takeoff coilovers and tires to offset some off the cost and without having to buy new tires you are actually saving money (at least that's how I would justify it to the wife).

If sticking with 35's, you can either stuff them in or go with a small 1/2" spacer lift.

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you are wanting to go 37's skip all the body lift's, perch collars, spacers and do it right the first time with new coilovers and uca's. Buy once, cry once. Panda Motorworks sells the Eibachs for less than 2k and has another brand that comes with uca's for a few hundred more. You can then sell your BL takeoff coilovers and tires to offset some off the cost and without having to buy new tires you are actually saving money (at least that's how I would justify it to the wife).

If sticking with 35's, you can either stuff them in or go with a small 1/2" spacer lift.
^^ What he said!

Id be happy to get you a deal on any suspension kits we offer. Feel free to message me!

OP
OP
steverollin

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No chance i do a full coilover just for the look of 37s unfortunately. Just throwing away badlands suspension that is already more capable than my needs. I should probably just stick with 35s. Funny thing is that if I can run 35s with no lift and just spacers and no crash bars, in my simple mind I'm thinking Well if I can just clean another inch all around then 37s should fit fine.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've seen some older threads on this so think I have a rough idea of what's possible but would really appreciate some opinions.

My 2 door non-squatch Badlands is scheduled to be built in a few weeks. I'm planning on trading in my Jeep gladiator which is on 37x12.5 yokahama geolanders which I really like. Assuming the dealer will give me basically no credit for the bigger tires so here are my options.

(1) My plan all along has been to immediately upgrade to toyo open country 35x12.5 tires, keeping the factory non-squatch rims (which I personally like), running 1.25" Bora spacers (which I've already purchased), removing crash bars and not lifting or leveling. Cost to do this by trading in my ko2s is like $1600 bucks out the door.

(2) Second thought I just had. Have my dealer swap the 37s off my gladiator to my bronco. Effectively a free upgrade. And put my tire fund towards a modest lift.

So what do yall think about (1) versus (2)? And importantly, what is the minimum lift / level i would need to accommodate the 37s?

This will not be a daily driver. Wheeling will be very minimal. Gas mileage not a huge concern. Either tire upgrade is maining for looks. But I want the truck to function properly. And I would prefer not to go full suspension replacement. Something much more modest both for looks and because the factory suspension is good enough for all my needs if I can get the rub sorted.

Thanks for your opinions.
I wouldn't do a spacer but a 1"/1.5" lift will do it to fit 37s.

I tottaly agree, as I myself like the looks of the 35s versus 37s but if he wants to do it than it's his choice.

OP
OP
steverollin

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't do a spacer but a 1"/1.5" lift will do it to fit 37s.
Any specific one that you'd recommend? TIA

And by the way I don't disagree that 37s are not the smart choice. Same thing people told me on the JT forums when I went this way. I am happy but know I'm not necessarily in the majority there. If I didn't have them already I'd just get the C load 35s and be done. And may end up there before all is said and done
Sponsored