First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For all the guys running 37s, did you regear? If so, what is the ideal gear ratio in the Bronco for 37s and 10spd auto?

It's my understanding that when you go up significantly in tire size you should regear. That's what I did to my F150 when I went from 32s to 35s...went from 3.73s to 4.30s and it was a great decision. Regearing costs more than the new tires so most guys just don't bother, but the vehicle won't accelerate and run as good as it otherwise would. The two go hand in hand.
Sponsored

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey I did one of these awhile ago:)
So your one inch front lift does change spring rate because of sag. Making that area of the spring that is softer obsolete, correct? There is some rub on passenger side ( which the pan hard bar is moving inboard at droop) rear tire. Sounds like a one inch body lift and a one inch tire offset are the minimum to run a 37x12.5 x17 . With basically no rub. What do you think??

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For all the guys running 37s, did you regear? If so, what is the ideal gear ratio in the Bronco for 37s and 10spd auto?

It's my understanding that when you go up significantly in tire size you should regear. That's what I did to my F150 when I went from 32s to 35s...went from 3.73s to 4.30s and it was a great decision. Regearing costs more than the new tires so most guys just don't bother, but the vehicle won't accelerate and run as good as it otherwise would. The two go hand in hand.
I was am a 4.7 ratio and will not regear until I go to the ultimate FDU and strengthen the rear.mine runs fine on the larger tire and crawls fine as well. I'd like all the bottom I can get though and plan to go 5.38:1 this is in anticipation of running a 39.5 or 40 tire. That way when I air down to 12 psi I'll still be at aired up 37" height.

OP
OP
PTTyler

PTTyler

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
powertank.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So a lift isnā€™t necessary, although 37ā€™s will rub, so youā€™re adding a lift but telling us that a lift isnā€™t needed, is that right?
I'm adding a lift for ground clearance, increasing wheel travel, and changing handling characteristics, not to fit bigger tires.

Adding an uptravel limiter or lowering the bumpstop to prevent upper fender rubbing is a component of this particular lift but something that can be installed independent of a lift.

OP
OP
PTTyler

PTTyler

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
powertank.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored
OP
OP
PTTyler

PTTyler

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
powertank.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I didn't and I don't plan to but I'm not opposed to it. Having driven on and off road, I don't see an immediate need, at least for 37s. It drives well enough so the big benefit I'd be looking for is improved hwy MPG. The cost to regear vs cost of 1-2 MPG gain didn't work out for me.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Many Broncos already have better gearing than an F150 (4.47 or 4.70) so yes regear would help, but maybe not as necessary as it was for your F150. Of course, yes a base with 3.7 gearing should really think before going much taller than stock. Sure it will go down the road but may never use high gear in the transmission again or will hunt for geara constantly on the highway with slight hills or wind.

DbarD

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So a lift isnā€™t necessary, although 37ā€™s will rub, so youā€™re adding a lift but telling us that a lift isnā€™t needed, is that right?
Adding a 1 1/4ā€ leveling spacers to the front helps with rubbing. 23 Bronco Wildtrak SAS Falcon 37X12.5 Wildpeak M/T
Sponsored