Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like we skipped over all of possible ways I could track the Bronco and went straight to delivered! Every single tracker, backdoor, regular Ford tracker, and OrderTrack are all showing the same thing, so I'd say it has to be legit. Chapman has been getting swamped with inventory, and from what I'm reading it should be 1-2 weeks before they contact me to arrange pickup, but at least the daily tracking is over. Will be reaching out to them tomorrow to gather more information....almost here!

Evenrute

Wildtrak
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Van: Owned a 2001 Ford F150 SuperCrew Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Appt to get the issues with mine looked at is 8/30. First appt they had. Everything is delayed. I guess I got too used to being able to get what you want when you want it for so many years. First world problems I suppose.
Well, local dealer told me to pound sand on the roof defect, they said is not a defect. Said other dealer shouldnā€™t have even let me take it like that. Which I think is bullshit. First guy I talked to looked at me like I had a dick growing out of my forehead. Ended up talking with warranty guy and they scheduled the tailgate to get painted no problem but have to contact original dealer to get roof fixed. Contacted original dealer, who are much more pleasant to deal with, everyone there is top notch, theyā€™re going to get involved and see if they can get it sorted for me.

TL;DR: ā€˜my dealer saidā€™ šŸ„ƒ

Sids

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Navigator, 2017 F350, 2015 Odessey (dog car)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, local dealer told me to pound sand on the roof defect, they said is not a defect. Said other dealer shouldnā€™t have even let me take it like that. Which I think is bullshit. First guy I talked to looked at me like I had a dick growing out of my forehead. Ended up talking with warranty guy and they scheduled the tailgate to get painted no problem but have to contact original dealer to get roof fixed. Contacted original dealer, who are much more pleasant to deal with, everyone there is top notch, theyā€™re going to get involved and see if they can get it sorted for me.

TL;DR: ā€˜my dealer saidā€™ šŸ„ƒ
Ugh! Just shows the quality of the dealer. Keeping after someone to help with a warranty issue can be such a time suck. Took my F350 in for a tailgate recall from ford. Got it back home only to discover they scratched the backup camera lense so bad it needs to be replaced.
i know this is trying but keep the pressure on.

Sponsored

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 Explorer, ā€˜13 F150, ā€˜99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the spreadsheet is correct, there are 12 of us left. Got this email yesterday, moving EDD again.! Mine has been sitting in the Nashville rail yard for three weeks.! I feel much luckier than most because I did not play Fordā€™s reservation game. Placed my order 1/18/22 with a small town dealer that had allocations.
Ford Bronco 4/18/22 Build Week Group. 593D6530-C924-491B-9A06-EA286D0DE2A1

Sids

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If the spreadsheet is correct, there are 12 of us left. Got this email yesterday, moving EDD again.! Mine has been sitting in the Nashville rail yard for three weeks.! I feel much luckier than most because I did not play Fordā€™s reservation game. Placed my order 1/18/22 with a small town dealer that had allocations.
Ford Bronco 4/18/22 Build Week Group. 593D6530-C924-491B-9A06-EA286D0DE2A1
We have had several sit for weeks in rail yards just miles from the final dealer - it just sucks because you know it's there... but ... Hope you get it soon. By the way - I'm certain the spreadsheet is not accurate. I found many who had received their bronco and never updated it. I'd rely more on who is still in the build week group posting things.
Hope yours gets delivered very soon.

Hunter

Badlands
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-Door Badlands, KTM 390 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy,
I've held off on the celebratory post for a good while. Part of that was because I knew I'd have some sort of buyer's grief, and part of that was just because the Bronco came at a real weird, inopportune time with a bunch of other things going on. But, after picking it up on August 18 and living with it up to ~1500 miles already, I'm real happy with it, and things are real positive on this end. It was all worth it.
Couple notes, in no particular order:
  • Arriving at the dealership was nearly existential. I couldn't believe it was there in the parking lot after all this time. Test drive nearly turned me away though. The wind noise was polar opposite my previous car, and way worse than the only other Bronco I had driven, which was a 4-door soft top, so I was real surprised. After 45mph, the wind howls and whistles. Dealership was nice and took off the roof rails for me to try that out, and there was virtually no difference. I sucked it up, but it stung a little to say goodbye to my prior vehicle that I loved everything about. Well, aside from the fact it wasn't a Bronco, and didn't have Bronco capability.
  • Dealership experience could not have been any better. I ordered through Donald at VonDerAu Ford in El Campo, TX because a family member had previously bought a truck there, and I'm really glad I did too. Donald in sales was open for communication from Day 1 and delivered a rare great dealer experience in conjunction with John the GM and Burke in finance. They assured me there would be no surprise markup, dealer added accessories, BS, etc. They honored the MSRP price agreed upon when I ordered, deducted my small downpayment before I could even mention it, gave me a good fair trade-in for my old car, and had no surprise funny business in financing (I came pre-approved by a credit union, and all was well). John even gave out a couple hats. Overall, not a bad time at all.
  • Found out later that same week sound deadening headliner was left off. I felt dumb, but I was glad to have a glimmer of hope for the fight against wind noise. I've since read it probably won't make much of a difference, but here's hoping. On that note, I emailed Donald the predicament and part number, and he let me know it was a mistake and that they ordered it free of charge and will call me when it's in. I'm looking forward to having it put on and testing it out, and once again I'm glad I'm working with a stand-up dealership.
  • Last weekend I picked up a family member from the airport and headed to Bronco Off-Roadeo Austin. I can talk all day about this experience, but for the sake of this post, I'll just say it kicked ass, I'm shocked by what stock Broncos can do, and that I even "got bucked" by a Bronco owner and super-fan visiting Texas for Off-Roadeo. Also, kudos to the entire team involved with the venue and event, especially our guide John. They all delivered an experience better than I could have imagined. I left fully indoctrinated in the Bronco cult. Congratulations Ford, you got me.
  • As I said, I'm about 1500 miles deep already. I left the dealership at exactly 110. Ya, I drive a lot. So far, my biggest and only real complaint is the wind noise. Any advice to help mitigate is appreciated, but I am learning to live with it. Otherwise, I'm loving the thing. My whole family is. My girlfriend thinks it's the coolest thing ever, and my dad said he wants to buy it from me when I get tired of it. Both of those are giant compliments in their own right, and helped me get over my buyer's grief I always have after big purchases. It's all good.
I have to say thank you to this whole site, and most of all, this thread. I truly thank you all for always being so helpful and for taking time to share information, advice, and stories about these Bronco things and cool ways to use them. I'm real excited to see what we all do with them.

TL;DR - I got my Bronco. I like it. Good dealership. Off-Roadeo was neat. Huge thank you to this whole community.
Ford Bronco 4/18/22 Build Week Group. Bronco Post 1
Ford Bronco 4/18/22 Build Week Group. Bronco Post 2
Ford Bronco 4/18/22 Build Week Group. Bronco Post 3
Ford Bronco 4/18/22 Build Week Group. Bronco Post 4

Sids

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Howdy,
I've held off on the celebratory post for a good while. Part of that was because I knew I'd have some sort of buyer's grief, and part of that was just because the Bronco came at a real weird, inopportune time with a bunch of other things going on. But, after picking it up on August 18 and living with it up to ~1500 miles already, I'm real happy with it, and things are real positive on this end. It was all worth it.
Couple notes, in no particular order:
  • Arriving at the dealership was nearly existential. I couldn't believe it was there in the parking lot after all this time. Test drive nearly turned me away though. The wind noise was polar opposite my previous car, and way worse than the only other Bronco I had driven, which was a 4-door soft top, so I was real surprised. After 45mph, the wind howls and whistles. Dealership was nice and took off the roof rails for me to try that out, and there was virtually no difference. I sucked it up, but it stung a little to say goodbye to my prior vehicle that I loved everything about. Well, aside from the fact it wasn't a Bronco, and didn't have Bronco capability.
  • Dealership experience could not have been any better. I ordered through Donald at VonDerAu Ford in El Campo, TX because a family member had previously bought a truck there, and I'm really glad I did too. Donald in sales was open for communication from Day 1 and delivered a rare great dealer experience in conjunction with John the GM and Burke in finance. They assured me there would be no surprise markup, dealer added accessories, BS, etc. They honored the MSRP price agreed upon when I ordered, deducted my small downpayment before I could even mention it, gave me a good fair trade-in for my old car, and had no surprise funny business in financing (I came pre-approved by a credit union, and all was well). John even gave out a couple hats. Overall, not a bad time at all.
  • Found out later that same week sound deadening headliner was left off. I felt dumb, but I was glad to have a glimmer of hope for the fight against wind noise. I've since read it probably won't make much of a difference, but here's hoping. On that note, I emailed Donald the predicament and part number, and he let me know it was a mistake and that they ordered it free of charge and will call me when it's in. I'm looking forward to having it put on and testing it out, and once again I'm glad I'm working with a stand-up dealership.
  • Last weekend I picked up a family member from the airport and headed to Bronco Off-Roadeo Austin. I can talk all day about this experience, but for the sake of this post, I'll just say it kicked ass, I'm shocked by what stock Broncos can do, and that I even "got bucked" by a Bronco owner and super-fan visiting Texas for Off-Roadeo. Also, kudos to the entire team involved with the venue and event, especially our guide John. They all delivered an experience better than I could have imagined. I left fully indoctrinated in the Bronco cult. Congratulations Ford, you got me.
  • As I said, I'm about 1500 miles deep already. I left the dealership at exactly 110. Ya, I drive a lot. So far, my biggest and only real complaint is the wind noise. Any advice to help mitigate is appreciated, but I am learning to live with it. Otherwise, I'm loving the thing. My whole family is. My girlfriend thinks it's the coolest thing ever, and my dad said he wants to buy it from me when I get tired of it. Both of those are giant compliments in their own right, and helped me get over my buyer's grief I always have after big purchases. It's all good.
I have to say thank you to this whole site, and most of all, this thread. I truly thank you all for always being so helpful and for taking time to share information, advice, and stories about these Bronco things and cool ways to use them. I'm real excited to see what we all do with them.

TL;DR - I got my Bronco. I like it. Good dealership. Off-Roadeo was neat. Huge thank you to this whole community.
Just Awesome Hunter! Iā€™m headed to the Texas Bronco off-road at the end of the month. There are several threads out there on cutting down the top noise. Mine is quiet until you hit 45mph, then it whistles until about 60. Guess that means I drive under 45 or over 60 lol! šŸ¤ŖšŸ¤£ keep in touch! Awesome looking Bronco!!

pearlsnap

Wildtrak
First Name
Whit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wanted to run some things by yā€™all before bringing it up in the rest of the forums. I want to make sure Iā€™m not being nit picky and see if yā€™all think some of this I should bring back to the dealer for warranty. Some of these are more just questions to get your thoughts and compare.

1. The back seat doors have a triangle shaped plastic/rubber piece that extents above the paint and on the glass. On the driver side there is a gap between it and the paint. You can see some foam in that gap. First picture is the passenger side without the gap and second picture is driver side.
    Ford Bronco 4/18/22 Build Week Group. 8574CF03-693C-4FAC-926C-372D8CC6CDAF
    Ford Bronco 4/18/22 Build Week Group. 2AD43F99-42BF-4BD3-9200-E36C7798C8AF
  2. The thin trim piece between the rear lights and tailgate seems to be pushed in too far at the top on the passenger. It doesnā€™t set flush like the driver side. First picture driver side showing flush and second picture passenger side not flush.
    Ford Bronco 4/18/22 Build Week Group. B22AC5CA-F38A-4D55-BF0C-754CC0C787A6
    Ford Bronco 4/18/22 Build Week Group. EC43CDE0-6796-4F0D-8ABF-AC4993A4E43E
  3. The hero switches have two gouge marks on the left side. Maybe they had to pry it up to install something before shipping and it left tool marks.
    Ford Bronco 4/18/22 Build Week Group. FBA8119A-25CE-4363-8296-93F065FD2CB5
  4. There appears to be dust coming in the back cargo area
    Ford Bronco 4/18/22 Build Week Group. CF9A93E8-86F2-4410-B4B5-DC59AFADD780
  5. Are the tail lights supposed to be a little loose? I can grab them and wiggle them just a little
  6. The rear doors donā€™t want to close as easy as my other vehicles. I feel like I have to slam them a little harder to make the close enough so the window slides up. I canā€™t tell you how many times I have had to stop after pulling out of a parking spot to get out and shut them again. The alignment looks fine on them
  7. Sticky residue after pulling off front driver side top panel. Itā€™s black so Iā€™m wondering if it is an adhesive that holds the seals or an attempt to help with the whistle noise
    Ford Bronco 4/18/22 Build Week Group. image

8. How much do your windows shake when opening and closing the doors. Iā€™m not used to frameless windows in a vehicle but the seem to shake a lot. More than what I remember on a friends Tesla
  9. This is more of a comment or observation than a problem. I noticed that my hood was floating up and down while driving. I raised the bumpers that the hood hits and fixed it.
  10. Final question should there be any whistling? Not all the time and not consistently I get a whistle and it sounds like it is in the front pillar. It kinda comes and goes but is still annoying. The wind noise is also considerably more than what I remember on a First Edition I test drove. Being that I use it to commute an hour and a half once or twice a week it gets tiring

Sponsored

Sids

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wanted to run some things by yā€™all before bringing it up in the rest of the forums. I want to make sure Iā€™m not being nit picky and see if yā€™all think some of this I should bring back to the dealer for warranty. Some of these are more just questions to get your thoughts and compare.

1. The back seat doors have a triangle shaped plastic/rubber piece that extents above the paint and on the glass. On the driver side there is a gap between it and the paint. You can see some foam in that gap. First picture is the passenger side without the gap and second picture is driver side.
  2. The thin trim piece between the rear lights and tailgate seems to be pushed in too far at the top on the passenger. It doesnā€™t set flush like the driver side. First picture driver side showing flush and second picture passenger side not flush.
  3. The hero switches have two gouge marks on the left side. Maybe they had to pry it up to install something before shipping and it left tool marks.
  4. There appears to be dust coming in the back cargo area
  5. Are the tail lights supposed to be a little loose? I can grab them and wiggle them just a little
  6. The rear doors donā€™t want to close as easy as my other vehicles. I feel like I have to slam them a little harder to make the close enough so the window slides up. I canā€™t tell you how many times I have had to stop after pulling out of a parking spot to get out and shut them again. The alignment looks fine on them
  7. Sticky residue after pulling off front driver side top panel. Itā€™s black so Iā€™m wondering if it is an adhesive that holds the seals or an attempt to help with the whistle noise

8. How much do your windows shake when opening and closing the doors. Iā€™m not used to frameless windows in a vehicle but the seem to shake a lot. More than what I remember on a friends Tesla
  9. This is more of a comment or observation than a problem. I noticed that my hood was floating up and down while driving. I raised the bumpers that the hood hits and fixed it.
  10. Final question should there be any whistling? Not all the time and not consistently I get a whistle and it sounds like it is in the front pillar. It kinda comes and goes but is still annoying. The wind noise is also considerably more than what I remember on a First Edition I test drove. Being that I use it to commute an hour and a half once or twice a week it gets tiring
I'll take a look at mine today and compare for you. I haven't had the tops off yet.

Evenrute

Wildtrak
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Van: Owned a 2001 Ford F150 SuperCrew Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Out of your list - here is what I experience. Responses in blue
  1. The rear doors donā€™t want to close as easy as my other vehicles. I feel like I have to slam them a little harder to make the close enough so the window slides up. I canā€™t tell you how many times I have had to stop after pulling out of a parking spot to get out and shut them again. The alignment looks fine on them.
    1. I had this same issue when the very first week I had it. It has seemed to go away after use. I have not noticed the problem in some time
  2. How much do your windows shake when opening and closing the doors. Iā€™m not used to frameless windows in a vehicle but the seem to shake a lot. More than what I remember on a friends Tesla
    1. Shakes a ton to the point my windows are either up or down. Nothing in between.
  3. This is more of a comment or observation than a problem. I noticed that my hood was floating up and down while driving. I raised the bumpers that the hood hits and fixed it.
    1. I do have the bunny hops on the hood. Gonna check those bumpers.
  4. Final question should there be any whistling? Not all the time and not consistently I get a whistle and it sounds like it is in the front pillar. It kinda comes and goes but is still annoying. The wind noise is also considerably more than what I remember on a First Edition I test drove. Being that I use it to commute an hour and a half once or twice a week it gets tiring
    1. My noise comes from the soft top more than I can tell from any of the pillars - sorry

Sids

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1. The back seat doors have a triangle shaped plastic/rubber piece that extents above the paint and on the glass. On the driver side there is a gap between it and the paint. You can see some foam in that gap. First picture is the passenger side without the gap and second picture is driver side. My Fitment is just like yours - one side is closer than the other.
  2. The thin trim piece between the rear lights and tailgate seems to be pushed in too far at the top on the passenger. It doesnā€™t set flush like the driver side. First picture driver side showing flush and second picture passenger side not flush. Same here - the driver side is flush and the passenger side has a wider gap.
  3. The hero switches have two gouge marks on the left side. Maybe they had to pry it up to install something before shipping and it left tool marks. I do not have these marks.
  4. There appears to be dust coming in the back cargo area - I checked this area but don't see any dust however I only have 125 miles on it. When I pulled the front tops off I did notice a lot of dust up there and wiped it clean. My guess all the dust is either from sitting in MAP lots or on rail to TX.
  5. Are the tail lights supposed to be a little loose? I can grab them and wiggle them just a little - Nope - mine don't seem to wiggle at all - but I only used one hand and didn't really try to shake them off.
  6. The rear doors donā€™t want to close as easy as my other vehicles. I feel like I have to slam them a little harder to make the close enough so the window slides up. I canā€™t tell you how many times I have had to stop after pulling out of a parking spot to get out and shut them again. The alignment looks fine on them - My fronts seem to take more effort to close, the backs seem to work without issue. These doors aren't anywhere close to my 2021 Navigator. The Navigator doors are silent and close very easily with a firm close. The Navigator costs about 50% more too. I really like the Bronco - If I'm going on a 14hr driving trip I want to ride in the plush Navigator, if I'm going running out to the lake or to nearby trails, even for weekend "let's go someplace rides" the Bronco all the way.
  7. Sticky residue after pulling off front driver side top panel. Itā€™s black so Iā€™m wondering if it is an adhesive that holds the seals or an attempt to help with the whistle noise - I don't have this on mine, but it does whistle usually from 45-60. There are several threads of additional foam that seems to cut down the road noise.
  8. How much do your windows shake when opening and closing the doors. Iā€™m not used to frameless windows in a vehicle but the seem to shake a lot. More than what I remember on a friends Tesla - This isn't a Tesla where you can remove the doors and roof - there is not a lot of insulation or quiet components to add weight to the doors - makes them easier to take off and hopefully not drop.
  9. This is more of a comment or observation than a problem. I noticed that my hood was floating up and down while driving. I raised the bumpers that the hood hits and fixed it. Haven't seen this issue yet, but glad to hear you were able to correct it.
  10. Final question should there be any whistling? Not all the time and not consistently I get a whistle and it sounds like it is in the front pillar. It kinda comes and goes but is still annoying. The wind noise is also considerably more than what I remember on a First Edition I test drove. Being that I use it to commute an hour and a half once or twice a week it gets tiring. As I said earlier mine does whistle usually from 45-60mph. It doesn't bother me at the moment - reminds me when I had a turbo car in the 80's. That turbo would whine so loud you thought a police car was right behind you. I probably will look into what additional foam and ways to make it more quiet. It's also so much more quiet than 2007 Rubicon I had - drove that from DFW to Breckenridge, CO - ugh what a beating that was. That was a noisy one.
Hope this helps!!

Sids

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco has been delivered and working out a pickup time with Chapman. I'm expecting this coming weekend or very early next week and I'll finally get ahold of it!
Sponsored