6gBronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder how many of those complaining about Ford building a 4-door Bronco drive a single cab pickup.
I hope I didn't offend anyone with the OP … I'm definitely not complaining about a 4-door Bronco, especially since I'm having a hard time deciding between the 2 versions.

The whole point of the OP was to get some feedback to help me decide. I prefer the proportions of the 2-door, but when I consider daily use and "family" duties the 4-door seems more practical. I guess I'm just using the similarities (dimensions only) to the Explorer to help convince myself the 2-door is the way to go.

Are there any drawback to the 4-door versus the 2-door?
Sponsored

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will be trading a Jeep Grand Cherokee for a Bronco. The reality is that my JGC will probably be a better car all around for me. I have no intention whatsoever of off roading.

However, the JGC is too appliance like. It lacks soul. The bronco will have character.

The reality is that 99% of the public would be better served by a Geo Metro. Not too many Porsche's are taken to tracks. Most off road trucks are never driven beyond a mall or a gravel driveway. Most Rolex diving watches are worn by people who don't dive.

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope I didn't offend anyone with the OP … I'm definitely not complaining about a 4-door Bronco, especially since I'm having a hard time deciding between the 2 versions.

The whole point of the OP was to get some feedback to help me decide. I prefer the proportions of the 2-door, but when I consider daily use and "family" duties the 4-door seems more practical. I guess I'm just using the similarities (dimensions only) to the Explorer to help convince myself the 2-door is the way to go.

No offense taken here. My smart ass comment just found a home here in your thread. If you’ve got a family, get the 4-door. You’ll thank me the first time you try to pack for a weekend trip. Just my two cents. The drawback is shear size. It’ll be harder to maneuver off road. My old TJ is more maneuverable than most newer sidexsides. Even the newer 2-door Wranglers are too large in my opinion. And the Bronco is bigger. But I want a 4-door for the ability to pack my family and all our crap along.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The styling of the Explorer is just not working for me. But the Bronco today is like when they released the 1990 Explorer - 2 and 4 door options and meeting the expectations of people who like the Wrangler but want just a little more polish. I loved my 1993 Explorer and I hope that this will be similar.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The styling of the Explorer is just not working for me. But the Bronco today is like when they released the 1990 Explorer - 2 and 4 door options and meeting the expectations of people who like the Wrangler but want just a little more polish. I loved my 1993 Explorer and I hope that this will be similar.

This is how I feel, im a huge first/second generation Explorer enthusiast. Body on frame truck based SUV. So that's also a huge draw for me to the Bronco.

Sponsored

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is how I feel, im a huge first/second generation Explorer enthusiast. Body on frame truck based SUV. So that's also a huge draw for me to the Bronco.
Yeah, and to the point about towing capacity, I liked my SportTrac a lot. If they make a Broncadiator/ Banger I’ll be after it.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

You can’t go wrong with either, really. I was set on a 4 door but have since switched to a 2 door because it’s not a daily driver family hauler, will be more like early Bronco styling, lighter and probably quicker and also about $5k less than a 4 door. The 4 door will be heavier, doesn’t come with hard top and cost more

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I needed a new vehicle when I bought my Explorer, and there was too much time between that purchase in 19 to wait for Bronco. There were some other things that went into that purchase. One, I hate the late model Fusions. Two, do I like driving a four door SUV? Yes. Almost every time I drive the Explorer I imagine a Bronco. I imagine all the things that will be different. When I imagine a Basesquatch, I try to wrap my head around the things I would miss: heated seats/wheel, smart access, and garage door opener. Whenever I see a Jeep, I still have Bronco envy because off-road capabilities. Therefore I’m still stuck between basesquatch and Black Diamond mid. Whenever I’m getting the 2002 Superduty dirty, I have little doubt the Basesquatch would be perfect in every way. Shrug. I’ve got plenty of time, looking at MY 2022 or 23. Pre-owned? Dunno.

Deleted member 15966

That's what I thought was interesting when I compared the size of both. The Bronco was phased out by the Explorer (maybe the Expedition too), but now it seems like the Bronco may phase out the Explorer.
The Explorer won't go anywhere. Too popular a seller and the only fleet LE vehicle offered by Ford at this point with their transition away from sedans.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Manual transmission
2. Marine Grade Vinyl (im in construction)
3. Full spare tire
4. Removable roof
5. higher stance
6. 35's from factory
7. Styling....
8. swing tailgate
9. Removable doors

Okay my turn, why would anyone buy a Mustang when they can simply buy a Fusion? I'll wait patiently.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm surprised reading this thread that so many liked their early Explorers. I had a 94 Limited Explorer. It was beautiful and comfortable inside and looked the part from the outside. But the 4wd was a joke. Having to get pulled out of a ditch with only 3" of snow on the road was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back. It was an absolute embarrassment relying on the 4wd.

BeachShredder

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it weren't for the Bronco's re-emergence, I wouldn't be looking at a Ford at all!!

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They really are completely different vehicles. If you have a family, the explorer will be the much better option as it has a lot more interior room. There is 3” more of legroom in the rear seats not to mention a 3rd row and a ton more cargo space. Captains chairs in the second row also make moving around it easier. I have a new explorer and I think it’s great. That’s why I’m planning on getting a two door bronco. I’ll just take the explorer when I need to take more than 2 people. For those of you planning on using the bronco 4 door as a 5 seater, please go test drive a supercrew ranger and put all 5 family members in there. It won’t be pleasant.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2-door is "pure" Bronco and very nostalgic, but the 4-door add a lot of daily driver practicality. However, when comparing the size of the 4-door Bronco with the current Explorer, they are basically the same size. The wheel base is only different by 3", and the additional length of the Explorer is mostly just the larger front and rear overhangs.

ford.JPG

For those that may never take the Bronco off-road, why choose the Bronco over the Explorer? They both come standard with a 4-cylinder, and optional 6-cylinder, so why pick the Bronco over the Explorer (besides styling)?

If the reason is styling, I wonder if Ford will be phasing out the Explorer soon.
They won't be phasing out the Explorer. Just started building the new generation earlier this year. Plus tons of Police Departments all over the US use them.
Sponsored