redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Electronic lifters? What? They have nothing of the sort ... they have fixed cams (they don't even use VVT) and use compressed air instead of conventional springs to get to 20,000 RPM (although in the v6 turbo era they're actually limited to 15,000 RPM and tend to shift closer to 13,500 ... oh and guess what happens when there's a leak in the pneumatic spring circuit ... good bye engine). Sure they're technological marvels but let's not start making things up ...

Also they use pull-rod suspension purely for the aerodynamic advantages, and in fact I'm not even sure any teams are using pull-rods any more (only a handful of teams even used them in the first place) ...

Very little F1 technology has any real application to road vehicles and it's been that way for quite a long time.

One thing and one thing only has been the primary reason for road car engine innovation for at least the last 2.5 decades - government mandated emissions control.

Thank you for the correction. Just heard the announcers talking about it and thought they said it was electronic. I am not trying to BS hear just trying help inform in case someone doesn't understand.

I will stop typing and just read. LOL
Sponsored

Grove_LA

Wildtrak
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Kind of, keeping it in the Ford family, the Explorer is a tire change away from being able to tackle everything you need. It also has a panoramic and fixed roof to mount different cargo racks and an open air experience.
The BabyBronco will also conquer those needs but it seems ego gets in the way of admitting a vehicle with Baby in the name fits the bill.
I agree that it will probably meet the needs just hoping the Baby Bronco won't be tooo small.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree that it will probably meet the needs just hoping the Baby Bronco won't be tooo small.
It will be very close in size. The main difference will be height.

Just look at Escape dimensions, it ain't small.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would add that some of us want to be able to tow off-road camper, small boats and dirt toys as well as overlanders/explorers/hunters who carry rooftop tents and gear to lesser known locations that requires true off-trail ability (thank you off-roaders). Perhaps we should split into three groups (off-roaders/climbers, off-trail/overlanders/explorers, and urban cruisers/style enthusiast ).

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had an 1988 Bronco II Sport with the 2.9L V6.....thanks for the wheelbase info(94"). I honestly can't recall but did they have an IFS or SFA ?
I REALLY liked it till the 2.9L blew its head gaskets, TWICE :headbang: …..ended up putting a Jasper reman in it, went to NH on a fishing trip, nasty storm blows thru the campground and a tree fell on the Bronco bending everything, FRAME, total loss . That was 2001 . I hope the new Bronco's have that type of room inside …… What do you think will be the wheelbase for the 4 door model ? thanks :beer:
I would like a 100 inch two door or a 112" on the four door. Loved my BII's, but a little more length for on road stability wouldn't hurt.

Sponsored

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been to a few tight trails like Beasley Knob OHV trails near Blairsville in north Georgia where the four door wrangler guys said they felt like they were driving school buses.

This is what I like to do from time to time. Back when my rubicon was stock (32" tire) other than control arm skids and 3/8" steel diff covers it could keep up with 35" tires and lifts. The front diff is usually what found ledges and forced me into a new line.