Sponsored

Does the bronco sport badlands have bigger tires than the outerbanks?

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sorry if this is a dumb question... but it appears that the bronco sport badlands has BIGGER (beefier) tires than the outerbanks model? Reason I'm confused is because I read somewhere that the BL model has 17" wheels whereas the OB models has 18" wheels. So that has me thinking that it's vice versa... meaning the outerbanks has bigger tires than the badlands?
Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are the tire sizes you are comparing. Wheel size is immaterial

walleethewhale

Badlands
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek Premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^ @tropical2020 Bigger wheels just means less sidewall on the tires. But the tire size can still be larger. I don't know the size tires on the Bronco Sport Badlands, but I got the Big Bronco Badlands w/o sas and tires are 33".

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco sport badlands tire size P225/65R17
Bronco Outer Banks Tire size P255/70R18

The first number (after the P) is basically width in millimeters. Meaning that the bronco sport badlands tires are about 8.86" wide, whereas the Bronco outer banks are about 10 inches wide (Bronco OBX is about an inch wider).

The second number after the slash is basically how far out the tire goes from the wheel itself, I don't feel like doing the math on that one, but basically the fact that they're a higher number and on a larger wheel itself mean that they're larger outside diameter tires as well.

Edit: couldn't help myself when it can just be googled, Bronco OBX tire diameter is 32.1", Bronco sport badlands tire is 28.5".

The Bronco Sport Badlands tires may just look bigger from a perspective POV since they're on a smaller vehicle.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the replies.

Sean replied "The Bronco Sport Badlands tires may just look bigger from a perspective POV since they're on a smaller vehicle."

I'm confused because the bronco sport badlands and the bronco sport outerbanks are the exact same size vehicle?

So the outerbanks does indeed have the bigger tires diameter wise... so this means the outerbanks will have bigger rims diameter wise as well? Or is the tire on one just beefier but it fits on the same sized rim?

Sorry for these dumb questions newbie in regards to cars here.

alfiefmc

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands - 23 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if this is a dumb question... but it appears that the bronco sport badlands has BIGGER (beefier) tires than the outerbanks model? Reason I'm confused is because I read somewhere that the BL model has 17" wheels whereas the OB models has 18" wheels. So that has me thinking that it's vice versa... meaning the outerbanks has bigger tires than the badlands?
Both tires are very similar in size end to end, the badlands has more sidewall beacause of the smaller wheel size so it is a little beefier.

OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Both tires are very similar in size end to end, the badlands has more sidewall beacause of the smaller wheel size so it is a little beefier.
Ah I see thanks... so the tires on the badlands still fits onto the exact same sized rim the outerbanks uses... just that the tires is thicker/beefier on the badlands. Hope I understood correcty.

CO_OK_121

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Lands
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, they don't have the same rim size. When you say Bronco Sport Badlands, it confuses people b/c the Bronco Sport is a completely different model. The Bronco Badlands and the Bronco Outer Banks are the same vehicle, with different trim packages. So, if you want to compare a Bronco Badlands to a Bronco Outer Banks, then: Badlands overall diamater = 33", rim size is 17". Outer Banks overall diamater = 32.1", rim size is 18". They have different size rims and different size tires.
Ah I see thanks... so the tires on the badlands still fits onto the exact same sized rim the outerbanks uses... just that the tires is thicker/beefier on the badlands. Hope I understood correcty.

OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No, they don't have the same rim size. When you say Bronco Sport Badlands, it confuses people b/c the Bronco Sport is a completely different model. The Bronco Badlands and the Bronco Outer Banks are the same vehicle, with different trim packages. So, if you want to compare a Bronco Badlands to a Bronco Outer Banks, then: Badlands overall diamater = 33", rim size is 17". Outer Banks overall diamater = 32.1", rim size is 18". They have different size rims and different size tires.

Whoops I see. Sorry I'm referring to the bronco sport badlands and the bronco sport outerbanks. I'm going to post in the bronco sport forum... because I posted in wrong forum by accident.

Sponsored

alfiefmc

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands - 23 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah I see thanks... so the tires on the badlands still fits onto the exact same sized rim the outerbanks uses... just that the tires is thicker/beefier on the badlands. Hope I understood correctly.
Actually no, it will not, the BL has a 17" wheel and the OB offers a 18". Tire diameter is practically the same on both, but the sidewall on the BL is 1" taller because of the smaller rim. Hope this helps.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Please stop now. He was talking about Bronco Sports, and he’s moved on. Nobody needs to answer any more of these questions. M’kay?
Sponsored