Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even car people have it confused. A friend who is big into cars gave me a Haggerty’s magazine. Tells me there is an article about your Bronco in it. Heavy sigh, it’s a sport. Now, the Sport is fine, I have one on order as well to replace my aging Escape. It’s just not a Bronco IMO. The 2 door is replacing the ‘95 Lightning. Now the 2 door is a Bronco.
What are you doing with the Lightning?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

What are you doing with the Lightning?
I sold it last summer thinking the Bronco would be here this summer. Should have waited another year. It was in mint condition. 28k miles no rust. Never saw snow and rarely saw rain.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sold it last summer thinking the Bronco would be here this summer. Should have waited another year. It was in mint condition. 28k miles no rust. Never saw snow and rarely saw rain.
Damn. That sucks on the early sale. Just after I converted my reservation, I had a strong unsolicited offer on my Marauder. Was so tempted, but I wasn't in a rush to get rid it. Still don't have a VIN, so I'm glad I waited.

I love those OBS short beds. My parts runner is a 96 2wd XL short bed... bulletproof 300-6 with 310k miles on it. When I thought she finally bit the dust last month, I rounded up a 69 460-4v out of a Lincoln Mark III to build up and make her into a Roadkill muscle truck/poor man's Lightning.

She refused to die, though... replaced the ignition system she's strong as ever. Roadkill Lightning back to the back burner.

20211212_174257.jpg

You have pics of your Lightning?

Sponsored

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Odd. I recently moved to Cleveland and there’s Bronco Sports EVERYWHERE here. I think I’ve seen 2 real Broncos since moving.
Here outside Detroit I see atleasr a couple Broncos a day, actually got a thumbs up from another Bronco driver todays. Even parked next to one a few times. Saw quite a few prototype ones around here before they came out. Would drive by MAP occasionally to look at the hundreds there. Not a whole lot of foreign cars around the motor city, It's weird when I travel out of state and only see about 20-30% domestic vehicles.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sarcasm. Everyone was looking for "similarities" that would cause the two vehicles to be in the same conversation. My smart ass wants to know if the Bronco grill letters for either vehicle are the same part number from Ford. The joke probably would've worked better at a Broncos and Coffee event versus the "world wide web."

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Damn. That sucks on the early sale. Just after I converted my reservation, I had a strong unsolicited offer on my Marauder. Was so tempted, but I wasn't in a rush to get rid it. Still don't have a VIN, so I'm glad I waited.

I love those OBS short beds. My parts runner is a 96 2wd XL short bed... bulletproof 300-6 with 310k miles on it. When I thought she finally bit the dust last month, I rounded up a 69 460-4v out of a Lincoln Mark III to build up and make her into a Roadkill muscle truck/poor man's Lightning.

She refused to die, though... replaced the ignition system she's strong as ever. Roadkill Lightning back to the back burner.

20211212_174257.jpg

You have pics of your Lightning?
My father had a Marauder. Dark blue, you didn’t see many in that color. He sold it because he said it was too “slow” and didn’t like the different wheel sizes. His daily driver was a 99 Lightning. He had a need for speed!

Ford Bronco I have more conversations about the Bronco Sport than the Bronco 0FCF4B11-90FD-4732-AE5D-DEA273963D26

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The Sport is for people who want a Subaru but don't want to answer questions about their sexual preferences.
Hey! I resemble that remark! :cool:

Actually, the BS is a great replacement for my 2006 Escape. I never really liked the Escape’s after 2012. Reserved a 2 door as a replacement but since that’s been delayed until hell freezes over, I’ve ordered a BS BL from Granger. The 2 door will be allowed to live the good life off road while the BS will be the DD.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My father had a Marauder. Dark blue, you didn’t see many in that color. He sold it because he said it was too “slow” and didn’t like the different wheel sizes. His daily driver was a 99 Lightning. He had a need for speed!

Ford Bronco I have more conversations about the Bronco Sport than the Bronco 0FCF4B11-90FD-4732-AE5D-DEA273963D26
Pictures like this one remind me how pissed I am that Fords electric truck is stealing the legacy of the true OG Lightning. That thing is an absolute beauty

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Pictures like this one remind me how pissed I am that Fords electric truck is stealing the legacy of the true OG Lightning. That thing is an absolute beauty
We shall see. At least the new Lightning looks like a truck. The new Mustang, not so much.