Sponsored

4-Door, Soft Top Challenge: who has oldest order and still not been scheduled?

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do early reservation soft tops without build dates all have in common? They’re all located in non-rainy non-snow states or at a tiny dealer. Bet you $100 if you transferred to Buffalo NY you’d get a build date the first scheduling day lol
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an October 2020 soft top reservation in the snowy Midwest where most orders are MIC.

OP
OP
Sgilson

Sgilson

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus Gx 460
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For people who keep thinking it isn't possible or very few exist, you are incorrect. There are an insane amount of unbuilt/unscheduled soft top - day two, three, four reservations. 516 days and counting right here and I switched my order to soft top in June.
You are probably right, but reading through these boards, I certainly do not see nearly the amount of early soft tops waiting as I do MIC. 5 of you responded to this post with early soft top reservations and I would be pressed to find 5 on any of the scheduling posts... Thanks for the input.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are probably right, but reading through these boards, I certainly do not see nearly the amount of early soft tops waiting as I do MIC. 5 of you responded to this post with early soft top reservations and I would be pressed to find 5 on any of the scheduling posts... Thanks for the input.
I saw a statistic that only 12% of the current orders were soft top. It seems low, but one would think those orders would move pretty quickly.

Bajabound

Big Bend
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend, 1986 VW Vanagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
4dr Big bend Non SAS - 510 days waiting was 2 dr for a while though. Hopefully they put me out of my misery

Sponsored

Bajabound

Big Bend
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend, 1986 VW Vanagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What do early reservation soft tops without build dates all have in common? They’re all located in non-rainy non-snow states or at a tiny dealer. Bet you $100 if you transferred to Buffalo NY you’d get a build date the best scheduling day lol
this is accurate! :cry::LOL:

Sunny San Diego

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I saw a statistic that only 12% of the current orders were soft top. It seems low, but one would think those orders would move pretty quickly.
I believe that was 12% of all orders. Before Ford begged everyone to change it was 8%. The outstanding mix is more of a moving target.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
452 days and counting.

It's not a single constraint. It's 50k planned but unbuilt MY 21's which make up the constraint. Somewhere in Oct 2020, Ford shared that any reservations after Sep 18, 2020, were going to get pushed to MY22. I speculate that there were about 120k reservations prior to 9/18/20. There must be about 50-60k of those that were planned for MY21 that never got built and pushed to MY22. My expectations....I have none. I've moved on with life.

If my dealer calls me in 2024 to tell me my Bronco is in, I'll evaluate my current situation and go from there. The excitement wore off when I saw 50k broncos get pushed into MY22 that should rightfully be built in front of mine.

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm in Texas, so you can scratch that theory. It has more to do with what you want in your build and your dealers allocation. Mine is a badlands, lux, sasquatch, soft top - basically the most constrained build there could be other than if I added MIC and tow.

I'm going to go place an order for a soft top Big bend next week with a local big box dealership and I guarantee I get that sucker built before my 7/18/2020 reserved badlands.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Counting reservation days before Ford started production (or even when they started taking orders last March) makes no sense at all. If you make a reservation for a flight in seven days, do you complain it took a week to go wheels up? (you even put since ordered in the title)

To answer your question, it is probably around 75K people all tied up with time waited.

OP
OP
Sgilson

Sgilson

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus Gx 460
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Counting reservation days before Ford started production (or even when they started taking orders last March) makes no sense at all. If you make a reservation for a flight in seven days, do you complain it took a week to go wheels up? (you even put since ordered in the title)

To answer your question, it is probably around 75K people all tied up with time waited.
Sorry Drex, this makes zero sense. When Ford took reservations summer 2020 the expectations were 2021 delivery with early 2021 scheduling estimates. Shit hit the fan with COVID, I get it, but to see EXACT builds being scheduled a year after many early reservations is a joke.
Sponsored