Sponsored

4 year wait for Bronco orders?

Do you have/ are you receiving a 21' year Bronco?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That is never going to happen with all the parts, chips and MIC top constraints. If it is even half of that Ford will consider it a win.
Sponsored

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No Bronco yet, but my son is on the Motorweek staff, and he brought this sweet ride by today. It is their evaluation vehicle for an upcoming episode.
77C5802F-9716-4791-81ED-4D4BB1E25829.jpeg
5EDDC52B-663D-4CE5-A09D-95CE7E14256E.jpeg
What a fun job for your son. Love that show. That is cool they let him take the vehicles out.

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How does anyone really know what a “large volume dealer is”. And how does one look at a dealer to really know where you would have the best chance. I’m in GA and with an amazing dealer and staff and in low my # in line and they share with me how many there were allocated each month…but I’m not sure if they are “large volume”
Or not. And don’t tell me it’s the size of their lot….

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
12-18 months would be the extreme case. You can get your bronco in 3 months or less if you order for a medium to large dealer and opts for a 2.3 soft top big bend. Order a loaded badlands with soft top you're probably looking at 6-12 months. MIC is the big question mark, but they are pumping these things out like crazy now.
3-6 months, yes you’re right. If you want a small/skinny wheeled 4dr. with a crumpled/ saggy top that has a 4 banger pushing
4500 pounds down the highway that isn’t pulling anything…

TrippR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does anyone really know what a “large volume dealer is”. And how does one look at a dealer to really know where you would have the best chance. I’m in GA and with an amazing dealer and staff and in low my # in line and they share with me how many there were allocated each month…but I’m not sure if they are “large volume”
Or not. And don’t tell me it’s the size of their lot….
A legit question. I went to a few local dealers when I first ordered and asked about volume (and their planned pricing strategies which did not involve ADM), figuring a larger dealership would be more likely to get more inventory, and parts and be more familiar with servicing down the road.

My dealer noted they were the largest in the Pacific Northwest, and then shared their relative number of units sold per month. Finally, as I left the dealership, they pointed out their trophies from Ford Corporate that were awarded for the same thing- high unit sales.

For both of our protection, they inked a purchase agreement up front which clearly stated the price, and was signed by a dealership manager and myself.

I'd share that Ford Corporate has made this relatively easy to switch dealers if needed- and if I was at a lower volume dealer, or one that was playing tricks on prices, I'd surely take them up on that and make the switch.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford has built: 33,207 Broncos as of the end of October.

October production was 7,668

If they build at the same rate through November and the 1st week of Dec, then we can expect ~44,700 MY21 Broncos to be built.

Of the 33,207 built, Ford shows 17,568 as SOLD. Note that the manequins count as sold, because Ford sells them to the FCTP which then transfers them to the dealer.

MAP can manufacture ~300,000 vehicles per year, but that is shared with Ranger. Ford would obviously prefer to build Broncos at 3:1 or more since they all have buyers waiting.

The big issue is the MIC top, and how many Webasto can actually manufacture. Also, the current issue with the 2.7 is delaying 2.7 builds.

So Ford has plenty of capacity to build all outstanding orders within the next 8 months. However, I expect parts shortages (mostly MIC top) to drag things out quite a bit longer than that.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
3-6 months, yes you’re right. If you want a small/skinny wheeled 4dr. with a crumpled/ saggy top that has a 4 banger pushing
4500 pounds down the highway that isn’t pulling anything…
Uh oh, someone called the build police to tell me I don’t have a real Bronco…

If you chose to play the constraint lottery and wait for your build that’s your prerogative. I switched my order to a soft top and got pulled a week later so the MIC still a very impactful commodity. Someone who is ordering now should know that.

I made the jump because I couldn’t imagine waiting a year for a MIC top that leaked anyway. Maybe the aftermarket will figure out a better solution and I’ll have enjoyed my skinny tire Bronco between now and then.

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
We don’t know, but I can say they aren’t all reservations. Lots of people got scheduled for January with walk in orders in October. Depends on lots of factors and nobody really seems to know the formula. My guess is dealership has a lot to do with it. Mid October this year I ordered (without res) a base 2.7 (constrained), 4A (constrained) Sasquatch (constrained) with Mod bumper (constrained) and got a build date in mid January. 🤷 I was prepared to wait a year but crazy things are happening. If I was an early res holder without build date I’d be walking into another dealer placing another order because you never know.
I too ordered a 2 door base in October with no prior reservation. Got a VIN two weeks later and a build week of Jan 3, 2022

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A legit question. I went to a few local dealers when I first ordered and asked about volume (and their planned pricing strategies which did not involve ADM), figuring a larger dealership would be more likely to get more inventory, and parts and be more familiar with servicing down the road.

My dealer noted they were the largest in the Pacific Northwest, and then shared their relative number of units sold per month. Finally, as I left the dealership, they pointed out their trophies from Ford Corporate that were awarded for the same thing- high unit sales.

For both of our protection, they inked a purchase agreement up front which clearly stated the price, and was signed by a dealership manager and myself.

I'd share that Ford Corporate has made this relatively easy to switch dealers if needed- and if I was at a lower volume dealer, or one that was playing tricks on prices, I'd surely take them up on that and make the switch.
Easy to switch dealers with a prior reservation and a 21' order that never got a vin? There are apparently hundreds if not thousands of reservation folks trying to transfer their reservation to a different dealer and Ford isn't coming through. Many of us have been waiting weeks and some months stuck in transfer purgatory, which also means unable to place an order for a 22'.

hollyw00d

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree 100% with this assessment. Just outside of Portland, OR, and I reserved in Aug/20 and made my order in March at a large, high-volume dealership in the area. (If I had been at a low volume dealer, I would have switched to a higher volume one, based on the new allocation model noted elsewhere in the Forums.)

It's a fully loaded Badlands, with lots of constrained commodities, but on the advice of my salesperson, I eliminated the mod top and replaced with soft top on my order. I knew (as a 20 year soft-top Wrangler owner) there would be an explosion of hard top options once the aftermarket (and Ford) got their acts together.

My Bronco is currently sitting in the local railyard just waiting for a convoy ride in to the dealership now, 8 months after placing my order.

In conclusion, I'd encourage anyone who is ready for their Bronco sooner, rather than later, to take the same path by selecting a high volume dealer, and opting for the soft top.
Probably a dumb question, but how do you determine if a dealer is high volume?

Sponsored

hollyw00d

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably a dumb question, but how do you determine if a dealer is high volume?
Disregard… saw you responded to the same question later.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Uh oh, someone called the build police to tell me I don’t have a real Bronco…

If you chose to play the constraint lottery and wait for your build that’s your prerogative. I switched my order to a soft top and got pulled a week later so the MIC still a very impactful commodity. Someone who is ordering now should know that.

I made the jump because I couldn’t imagine waiting a year for a MIC top that leaked anyway. Maybe the aftermarket will figure out a better solution and I’ll have enjoyed my skinny tire Bronco between now and then.
No, that's ok I will wait for my "real" Bronco, thanks. By the time I get mine you'll probably have a nice aftermarket rag top. Win, win.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, that's ok I will wait for my "real" Bronco, thanks. By the time I get mine you'll probably have a nice aftermarket rag top. Win, win.
REAL Bronco!!! Now yer talking!!
Sweet!
What year? 66 to 77?
289? 302? ... 351?
Dana 30 or 44 solid front axle?
;)

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm a Damerow Ford order- and happy so far with the experience. How about you?
I ordered through Damerow as well. Day 3 reservations. Hoping to hear something soon. I’m going to need something my May.

Azfordman

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F150 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Base
I too ordered a 2 door base in October with no prior reservation. Got a VIN two weeks later and a build week of Jan 3, 2022
I am happy for you, but this is why I will never buy a new Ford again.....ever. I reserved a 2 door base in July 2020, ordered January 2021 and based on my dealers allocation will most likely not see my order until 2023 or 2024.
Sponsored