Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There's a difference between a constraint (which is buildable in MY21 when they have the parts) and something that isn't buildable, since the option isn't even a MY21 option.

What I want to know is how many of the 41% is people who ultimately want the MY22 option and are willing to wait (but aren't coded 99), and how many are people who don't realize their chosen options are no longer available in MY21 (MOD/Dual Tops), but their dealer hasn't communicated with them (or isn't even aware of the problem themselves).
Did you go with a local dealer in MA or one far away for a bigger discount?
Sponsored

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder how man people are in the other thread(s) bitching about not receiving a VIN email, meanwhile their dealer has built a non-orderable bronco?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you go with a local dealer in MA or one far away for a bigger discount?
I went with one further away not just for the discount, but also because they are extremely competent so I don't have to worry about problems like this, and I'll get a road trip home on back roads for the break-in period.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder how man people are in the other thread(s) bitching about not receiving a VIN email, meanwhile their dealer has built a non-orderable bronco?
Probably not as many people as the ones in the other thread(s) bitching about not receiving a VIN email, meanwhile their dealer left their order coded 99.

Sponsored

NotAnonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You're not wrong...

I think the issue is that there is some level of actual human work that goes into scheduling builds... so if they could clean up and remove 41% of the "inbox" that's straight up unbuildable no matter what, it would make MY21 scheduling much easier.

In the very least, it would reduce the amount of computational effort that would be required to schedule.

(I think the other part of this is that Ford is assuming that a fair amount of these are from people who would opt for the MIC or single top if they knew about the problem, and they're trying to get the dealerships to engage with customers and get in front of potential complaints.)
I guess it wouldn't surprise me if ALL dealers contacted their order holders to see if any wished to go ahead and drop the features that would otherwise automatically force a MY22 build (such as the Mod Top) to at least clear out some of the unbuildable builds from the system and actually get them built in MY21. Purely speculation on my part, though.

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And the final thing I want to say, which is not (directly?) related to this discussion, is share with everyone the ads I'm being fed this morning.

Submitted without comment:

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 10.54.35.png
Ford Bronco 41% in WBDO orders are not buildable.  Build estimate email after May 11th ? 1619796307296

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my dealer just told me the other day that ford planned to build for MY21 60% hard top and %40 soft top. They are currently sitting at for all order 97% hardtop and 3% soft top. Since they arent offering the black painted hard top everyone switched to the MIC top. He told me this doesnt mean you will be pushed back to MY22 but if you are in your dealers allocation and you want a MIC top you may be waiting for awhile to get yours built due to them not having enough. He told me this is why people who reserved way later on that arent priority orders are getting scheduled because they dont have some of the deadly sins. I am not currently in my dealers allocation. I am #36 our of #33 allocations and i switched to the soft top because it will push me up in line since they wont be able to build a lot of hardtops eventually. e

Sponsored

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably not as many people as the ones in the other thread(s) bitching about not receiving a VIN email, meanwhile their dealer left their order coded 99.
True!

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
"which causes the customer to lose their timestamp"

ooh now people will lose their timestamp on May 11 :)

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One reason I said when you placed your order....get copies of the order and coded build sheet and VERIFY IT. I am going to guess that some of these future owners wanted those options knowing they would be pushed to a MY2022.

CJ1064

Badlands
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would it be wise just to remove the tow package from the build? Not sure if it's a "buildable" issue, but possibly a delay.
I am in interested in this as well. I just called my dealer and he's not aware of the tow package being a constraint but was going to call his "Ford Guy". I told him to take it off if its a constraint.
Sponsored