Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in interested in this as well. I just called my dealer and he's not aware of the tow package being a constraint but was going to call his "Ford Guy". I told him to take it off if its a constraint.
I did see it listed on that last document of potential constraints but in all reality it has to be one of the lowest items for concern. If you're removing any potential items for fear of constraint issues are you sticking with a Wildtrak?? That trim has almost half of them by default, I switched to BL mid-March specifically because of this.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would it be wise just to remove the tow package from the build? Not sure if it's a "buildable" issue, but possibly a delay.
I am in interested in this as well. I just called my dealer and he's not aware of the tow package being a constraint but was going to call his "Ford Guy". I told him to take it off if its a constraint.
I'm sure this is completely anecdotal and meaningless, but I had my order in without tow and added it immediately after missing the first scheduling. The next scheduling I made the cut. So in my case it seemed to be irrelevant.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure this is completely anecdotal and meaningless, but I had my order in without tow and added it immediately after missing the first scheduling. The next scheduling I made the cut. So in my case it seemed to be irrelevant.
Because you're Tricky like that. 😂

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some dealers were converting reservations to orders knowing they wouldn't be built as a 2021 because they thought the more reservations converted may impact, and increase, their dealer allocation. If they had more orders, Ford would provide them a larger allocation than originally stated. So, some orders should have been a 99, but the dealer didn't put them as a 99 thinking it would end up being a 2022 even as a 19 due to constraints. This may end up blowing up the order, a 19, even though the dealer converted it knowing it couldn't be built.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So if all of these orders get cancelled I move up in line then? 😁
Right now folks are moving up the line because the system is skipping the "unbuildable" orders anyway.

CJ1064

Badlands
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did see it listed on that last document of potential constraints but in all reality it has to be one of the lowest items for concern. If you're removing any potential items for fear of constraint issues are you sticking with a Wildtrak?? That trim has almost half of them by default, I switched to BL mid-March specifically because of this.
I switched to BL, SAS, LUX, VB, MIC, MGV, 2.7, 4D

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why can't Ford at least have the courtesy to notify the end user that their order is unbuildable and move it to 99 instead of cancelling? They can't not understand the s-storm that is coming if they start nuking orders.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have only one “sin” in my build, which is 2-door. So, does that make me unbuildable?
Unbuildable means the order includes options that are not available for MY21.

They literally can not build it.

A “sin” is just an option for which demand outpaces supply. They can build it when the parts shipments arrive.

Sponsored

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just some continued thoughts...

This bit here is a perfect example of how Ford internal communications mean something to the person writing it, but as outsiders, it can be confusing and difficult to know what the mean:

I think what they are saying is, if the dealership can not reconcile the order (change it to include only MY21 options, or send it to the region for 99), then the only option is to cancel it altogether.... which they are reminding them is bad since it would cancel everything including the timestamp.

I think they are trying to basically tell dealerships that if you can't get a hold of a customer, you can't just let it ride and sell the bronco as stock... you have to cancel it.

The part that is confounding me is the "and we will not be able to do this moving forward." Which could mean that Ford Corporate will not be reviewing each individual order themselves, or they will not be able/willing to cancel orders moving forward, as they want to just focus on building the damn things. (In any event, I don't read this as a warning that Ford will cancel unbuildable orders on their own... but it's definitely not entirely clear.)

And the final thing I want to say, which is not (directly?) related to this discussion, is share with everyone the ads I'm being fed this morning.

Submitted without comment:

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 10.54.35.png
They recognize your uncanny ability to get accurate info no one else can! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
my dealer just told me....they planned to build for MY21 60% hard top and %40 soft top. They are currently sitting at for all order 97% hardtop and 3% soft top.
Tops are in fact a 4-letter word. What a cluster. I'd guess the procurement guy who decided to partner with Webasto exclusively is keeping a rather low profile at the moment.

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my dealer just told me the other day that ford planned to build for MY21 60% hard top and %40 soft top. They are currently sitting at for all order 97% hardtop and 3% soft top. Since they arent offering the black painted hard top everyone switched to the MIC top. He told me this doesnt mean you will be pushed back to MY22 but if you are in your dealers allocation and you want a MIC top you may be waiting for awhile to get yours built due to them not having enough. He told me this is why people who reserved way later on that arent priority orders are getting scheduled because they dont have some of the deadly sins. I am not currently in my dealers allocation. I am #36 our of #33 allocations and i switched to the soft top because it will push me up in line since they wont be able to build a lot of hardtops eventually. e
Soft top might just push you to the front of the line! Good Luck!

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I told all the dealers here this information 2 weeks ago(along with a handful of members who posted pics of their DORA) but I guess no one paid attention. I cleaned up 74 orders that had top conflicts after they told us not to leave them as "unbuildable" 19 orders. The ones that wanted to stay in the mix for a '21, I simply changed the top to either soft or MIC. The ones that wanted to wait, I emailed the region the entire list of orders to move back to priority 99. Not only do the dealers have to clean up the 19 orders, they also had to clean up the ones pushed back to 99. They didn't want to leave those dirty either, which I really didn't understand....but whatever.

I do feel bad for folks with dealers that don't pay attention, which seems to be about 99%.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess it is hitting everywhere. This was from my dealer in FL a little while ago:

Ford Bronco 41% in WBDO orders are not buildable.  Build estimate email after May 11th ? Bronco Bozard Email.JPG
Sponsored