Hope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Update: Just got home from the dealership. They test drove it and said it all seemed normal, but if it gets worse, bring it back. :sneaky:

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
On your dash, you can select the "Power Distribution" view in the menu. When in 4A, you can see when power is going to the front tires. When you feel the vibration, see if it is when you are getting power to the front. When I select Sport mode and leave it in 4A, I see power going to the front on acceleration and when turning corners (hence the torque steer people experience). For now, I do not notice vibration, like you describe. However, on occasion, I have heard some metal gear grinding sounds when turning out of a driveway with a big dip. Since then, I only engage 4A when it rains here.

Yardo //

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKX (for sale), 1976 CJ-7 (for sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've noticed this also. Very very subtle.

Sponsored
OP
OP
glamosaurus

glamosaurus

Base
First Name
Hope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On your dash, you can select the "Power Distribution" view in the menu. When in 4A, you can see when power is going to the front tires. When you feel the vibration, see if it is when you are getting power to the front.
Hey there. Thanks for this suggestion. I don’t see any correlation on the power distribution display and the sound. Oh well. My last car was near silent (Nissan Rogue) so all these sounds and feelings are new. Hard to know what’s normal or not.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you've never had a 4WD vehicle before, it's entirely possible all you're feeling is the front wheels having power. It does feel different.

A Rogue is a FWD-based CUV, which would feel completely different.

Hopefully it's nothing serious. The other thread where people talked about binding definitely is not normal.

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine did it, it’s lifted and bothered the heck out of me. Brought it to the dealer and NPF. It has seemed to go away and does not do it anymore.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was in and out of 2H to 4A a lot just before I had the driveshaft replaced under recall , and it’s currently sitting at the dealer into its 5th week waiting on a steering gear (rack and pini ). I have no idea if use between the 2-4A had anything to do with the down time but its been used mainly as a pavement princess.
and just another fyi Ford has assigned a case number that should end up in monthly payment assist or ESP, not sure the deets but I’m told it’s one or the other not both.

Vinman775

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 lariart FX4, 2020 BMW X5 M package
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am Glad I found this thread. I have the same slight gear noise you can hear and feel on the floor board only when in 4A. I use the power distribution gauge to pin point what is happening. It starts very consistently at 25 mph when on the throttle (engaging the front axle) then it quiets down a little then starts up again at 40 mph. I have tested it all winter at different speeds up to over 55-65 mph. It is the most noticeable at those two speeds. I can see the front end disengage when coasting or turning so I don't have any issues there and so far all 4 wheels grip in snow, wet weather. I can smell a faint hint of gear oil or something burning at times as well, especially when it is very cold after stopping. So far everything is still working and I don't have the front diff oil leak like others...yet. I hope this is normal and does not evolve to something worst down the road. I have 5600 miles BTW..

Sponsored

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm coming up on my 30K service appt. I've had the same sensation any time 4A is in use(used it this morning after a snow yesterday), a binding or drag on the driveline even when the front should not be engaged(accelerating in a straight line- no slip).

I need to talk to the dealership and make sure they're prepared for the front driveshaft replacement. Otherwise I'm curious to see what they'll say about the "sensation"

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm coming up on my 30K service appt. I've had the same sensation any time 4A is in use(used it this morning after a snow yesterday), a binding or drag on the driveline even when the front should not be engaged(accelerating in a straight line- no slip).

I need to talk to the dealership and make sure they're prepared for the front driveshaft replacement. Otherwise I'm curious to see what they'll say about the "sensation"
It doesn't need to sense slipping to engage the front wheels.
The only time it disengages the clutch are low speeds, low throttle position or tight turns. In all other circumstances, including normal straight line acceleration, it's sending some amount of power to the front wheels.

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - 1999 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
So , I have new but it’s not great or bad news.

My 2022 Basesquatch with the V6 has 11,000 miles and I’ve had this issue for a few months. I feel a slight vibration in the floor coasting or speeding up. I feel the difference between 2wd and 4A instantly. Sometimes you hear the gears binding together like a worn jeep diff.

brought it to the dealer and they said that ford knows about this issue but there is no fix yet. We will get something in the mail once they knowhow to fix it. Hopefully we can find something outbut that’s what I got.

I thought I was crazy feeling this vibration because my advisor couldn’t feel the difference but I could. Also because I daily it and feel a difference.

Vinman775

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 lariart FX4, 2020 BMW X5 M package
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Another thing I have noticed... I drove 40 miles on the highway, mid 30 degree weather in 4A, monitoring the power distribution gauge. The front end kicked in when needed even at high speed when passing etc. When I got home I crawled under the front to check for leaks or anything else and the front diff was very hot to touch. I don't think that would be normal. It concerns me what it would feel like if 4A was used a lot in the summer time full time not just off road.
Sponsored