Sponsored

4A/4H Pulling left on mid hard acceleration...

OP
OP

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea I had this at first. Ever so slight pull to the left in 4a. Don't know when but it stopped.
thanks! when did it go away? or did you change components?
Sponsored

Stevins

Badlands
First Name
Stevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have seen the same issue. Perfect drive line in 2H, but in 4A slight pull to the left on acceleration.

I did some light research to try and figure it out. It feels like torque steer, which is only present in FWD or when 4A is truly engaged (it shouldn’t be in dry and normal conditions).

I go back and forth between 2H and 4A a lot because I get better mileage with 4A (yes, seriously), but the “torque steer” is frustrating after a few days.

OP
OP

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have seen the same issue. Perfect drive line in 2H, but in 4A slight pull to the left on acceleration.

I did some light research to try and figure it out. It feels like torque steer, which is only present in FWD or when 4A is truly engaged (it shouldn’t be in dry and normal conditions).

I go back and forth between 2H and 4A a lot because I get better mileage with 4A (yes, seriously), but the “torque steer” is frustrating after a few days.

Yes I guess it can get tiresome...

Did you try to fix it?

What year is your bronco and engine?

Mine is 2.7 2023 Badlands SAS

Stevins

Badlands
First Name
Stevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I guess it can get tiresome...

Did you try to fix it?

What year is your bronco and engine?

Mine is 2.7 2023 Badlands SAS

I never found a fix for it. I have a 22 Badlands Sasquatch 2.7.

We just got a 22 wildtrak for my wife, so I will try it in hers when I get a chance to see if the problem appears there too

OP
OP

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never found a fix for it. I have a 22 Badlands Sasquatch 2.7.

We just got a 22 wildtrak for my wife, so I will try it in hers when I get a chance to see if the problem appears there too
Let us know…

Anyone else that have tried this in their Bronco?

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine does it too. Doesn't matter if I have my winter or summer tires on and I've had a recent alignment. Just feels like torque steer.

OP
OP

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine does it too. Doesn't matter if I have my winter or summer tires on and I've had a recent alignment. Just feels like torque steer.
To the left as well?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its very slight you have to release the steering wheel and it will only pull slightly as in it wont turn the steering wheel all the way, just a touch to the left.
Yes, exact same thing happened to me yesterday for the first time in my Bronco. Under some spirited acceleration in 1st and 2nd, Bronco pulls slightly to the left, steering wheel clocks to about 11 and hood twists a bit.

'21 BL 2.3 manual non-squatch
Coilovers lift and 37's

Added a Race Chip yesterday and was running around testing it out when I first noticed it. Chalked it up to torque steer but never experienced it in an all wheel drive vehicle before. Was planning on doing some testing this weekend and attaching my GoPro to the outside to monitor the front wheels.

GatesHarris

Base
First Name
Gates
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TACOMA 4X4 Porsche Macan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Feels exactly like torque steer. Very noticeable on strong acceleration with the wheel turned off straight forward.

I suspect the suspension designers were much more concerned with off road performance and just accepted some torque steer.

It surprised me first time I felt it since suspension designers have worked it out of modern suspensions for a very long time.

I put up with it and run 4A and sport all the time. Get over 21 mpg on 2D Manual Base Sasquatch on 93 octane (ethanol free half the time).

It can get quite dramatic accelerating out of a traffic circle. Keep both hands on the wheel.

Sponsored

Msell71

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 84 SVO, 66 2+2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Torque steer. Very common in front drive cars with higher hp. I remember driving the SHO Taurus when it first came out. The TS would rip the wheel right out of your hands.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine will pull a little left under full acceleration in 4A as well. It's just normal torque steer.

OP
OP

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe torque steer happens when a front wheel breaks traction… I find it odd the Bronco pulls left even at mid accel…

ChrisCozart

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I attributed it to torque steer since this only happens in 4A under hard acceleration. In normal 4H driving or 2H driving, there is no pull, and the Bronco tracks straight.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I believe torque steer happens when a front wheel breaks traction… I find it odd the Bronco pulls left even at mid accel…
You don't need to lose traction to have torque steer. It's just exactly as it sounds, engine torque will influence steering direction whether the wheels lose traction or not.
Sponsored