First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm also having this issue with my black diamond 7mt.

Always after first starting up the truck. Always in 2nd gear. It's happened about 5 times while accelerating - the vehicle starts bucking as if I'm alternating between hitting and releasing the gas very quickly. Truck has about 3100 miles on it.

I also get a clunk shifting from 1st to second when the vehicle hasn't warmed up yet.

@Ford Motor Company
Hi there. This transmission concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Sponsored

BadCactus

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Badland 2.3L 7M | 1991 EB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had a startling experience with this issue pulling out of a commercial parking lot into traffic. My Bronco fell flat on its face in 1st gear for no apparent reason. I let off the gas, shifted into second, and it was fine. I hope Ford gets this figured out soon. I am starting to doubt it's the tune and wondering if it has to do with the fuel pressure solenoid. Since it seems to be randomly intermittent, it makes the most sense that the issue is likely mechanical or electrical.

kypt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get the bucking in first gear occasionally. I've tried to nail down specific conditions for it happening but the only thing that is common is that it happens when I'm leaving work. I stop at the first stop sign and when I take off again, it will sometimes do the bucking after a few hundred feet. Very infrequent.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get the bucking in first gear occasionally. I've tried to nail down specific conditions for it happening but the only thing that is common is that it happens when I'm leaving work. I stop at the first stop sign and when I take off again, it will sometimes do the bucking after a few hundred feet. Very infrequent.
Clearly that's a sign that you aren't supposed to leave work. :LOL:

UtahG2022

Big Bend
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing Yet
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Reply: mine did this all the time. Very jerky gear transitions and delays, even though I'm in auto. I took it in, they reset the transmission. It fixed the problem until the day I changed something, like down shifted or used a GOAT mode, and it all came back. They said I cannot reset it myself. So I'll have to take it in again. Cause it makes me motion sick, and can't be good.

I have a 2022 BB with 2.3L & 7M, and it's happened three or four times now where on my first real acceleration of a trip I'll get a handful of engine hesitations in a row. So far the pattern I've been able to see is it's still cool (not cold cold though), I'm on relatively level ground, and I'm at about 2800RPM. I think they've all been in second but not 100% sure about that. I'm also not sure if I'd been in that RPM range before my 1-2 shift.

I'll keep trying to nail down the specific conditions when it happens. Does anyone have any suggestions of what it may be?

Sponsored

bronco100

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have this problem as well. Had it on my old Bronco (a 2021 2.3 7MT BB) and still have it on my current Bronco (a 2022 2.3 7MT BD). Also still an issue with the Ford Performance tune. Happens occasionally on first acceleration, even though I always let the engine warm up a good bit. Usually in 1st or 2nd gear.

Eyates

Badlands
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands 2022
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reply: mine did this all the time. Very jerky gear transitions and delays, even though I'm in auto. I took it in, they reset the transmission. It fixed the problem until the day I changed something, like down shifted or used a GOAT mode, and it all came back. They said I cannot reset it myself. So I'll have to take it in again. Cause it makes me motion sick, and can't be good.

Eyates

Badlands
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi there. This transmission concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Eyates

Badlands
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have this problem all along with my Badlands Bronco as well. I took it to the dealer in Koons Ford Silver Spring Maryland. It had 6000 miles I think. They said they they could not duplicate it. I told them to keep the car for awhile to duplicate it (I paid for my own rental as by the way). They finally said they found the culprit. They said it was losing 50 percent power from two bad coils in the engine. Did it help? For a bit I did not notice it and it started again.
Update to 12000 miles. Took it to Ted Britt Ford Fairfax, VA. Told them same thing. They provided me with a loaner. I have not gotten it back yet. They have only addressed that I need new tires as they are at 50 percent. That is going to lead be into my next thread! But still don’t have the car back. I want to get rid of this car. It has been nothing but problems and is a $40000 car. I have been told I need new tires now. On a car that is not even a year old and has 12000 miles?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have this problem all along with my Badlands Bronco as well. I took it to the dealer in Koons Ford Silver Spring Maryland. It had 6000 miles I think. They said they they could not duplicate it. I told them to keep the car for awhile to duplicate it (I paid for my own rental as by the way). They finally said they found the culprit. They said it was losing 50 percent power from two bad coils in the engine. Did it help? For a bit I did not notice it and it started again.
Update to 12000 miles. Took it to Ted Britt Ford Fairfax, VA. Told them same thing. They provided me with a loaner. I have not gotten it back yet. They have only addressed that I need new tires as they are at 50 percent. That is going to lead be into my next thread! But still don’t have the car back. I want to get rid of this car. It has been nothing but problems and is a $40000 car. I have been told I need new tires now. On a car that is not even a year old and has 12000 miles?
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

Eyates

Badlands
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
I am replying to the acceleration problem with my Ford Badlands. You said to send me the dealer and VIN number. The car is at Ted Britt Ford in Fairfax at the moment. I got the car from Koons Ford in Silver Spring, MD. I need to find the VIN number as again it is not in my possession. However my name is Ellen Yates and I bought it in March or April of 2022 at the Silver Spring.
Ted Britt Fire gas has the car for a couple weeks. I have not heard back anything. Thank you again. I will see if I can find the VIN.

Eyates

Badlands
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am replying to the acceleration problem with my Ford Badlands. You said to send me the dealer and VIN number. The car is at Ted Britt Ford in Fairfax at the moment. I got the car from Koons Ford in Silver Spring, MD. I need to find the VIN number as again it is not in my possession. However my name is Ellen Yates and I bought it in March or April of 2022 at the Silver Spring.
Ted Britt Fire gas has the car for a couple weeks. I have not heard back anything. Thank you again. I will see if I can find the VIN.

Eyates

Badlands
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sir I have the same issue. I have a Bronco 2022 Badlands. I would appreciate any help. Hi I have the same issue with by Ford Bronco 2022. My 20 year old son said Mom maybe you are pressing on the gas too hard or fast. I did not notice this the first 3000 miles but after that I did. It happens when I accelerate on the Highway. I drove to New York for my son’s parent weekend at his college. It dod this throughout on 95N and it was scary as it feels like it is going to cut out. It stutters or as someone said, it bucks. I would appreciate where I should take it that can fix it properly. I live in Northern Virginia. Thank you,
It has been over a month since I heard from Ford Motor Company or Ted Britt Ford in regards to my bucking Bronco.Previously the Silver Spring dealership said they fixed it by replacing coils. That did not fix it. I am frustrated and quite frankly angry as this is a new car and I have had nothing but issues with it that no one had addressed thoroughly or fixed.

F4EEBE2B-99CD-4002-B82C-A0F25FC4FACD.jpeg

OR/Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr Badlands / Hard / Non-Sasq. / 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hear others are experiencing this. I just had my 21 badlands in for the 4Auto getting stuck and locking up on dry pavement after being on snow. Dealer installed a new software update and "reset my battery" to fix it. Since then my initial acceleration has a significant lag and is starting to make me nervous, this is on the 10sp auto 2.7L. Before this "update" my acceleration was amazing. Not sure I want my truck back at the dealership as it seems to expand issues rather than fix them. also have had my radio screen lock up nearly every time I drive since this "update". last time was last week on a 4 hr. snow voyage over Mt. Hood in a near whiteout. not convenient or fun. Hope your issue resolves.

Vincent007

Outer Banks
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ive the 2.3l auto. So I'm now getting every error message under the sun after I suspected my alternator was failing. I got no breaks, no steering, no acceleration, no charging and engine thinks it's hot when its not. I think I killed it.
Sponsored