First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ive the 2.3l auto. So I'm now getting every error message under the sun after I suspected my alternator was failing. I got no breaks, no steering, no acceleration, no charging and engine thinks it's hot when its not. I think I killed it.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? Iā€™d like to look into this concern on my end.
Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Unfortunately with me being in Canada the FoMoCo account here is unable to help in the end, and anything from the rest of the community will be appreciated. Has anybody experienced the same thing as I'm describing?
They wouldn't help if you lived in the land of inches either.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have this problem as well. Had it on my old Bronco (a 2021 2.3 7MT BB) and still have it on my current Bronco (a 2022 2.3 7MT BD). Also still an issue with the Ford Performance tune. Happens occasionally on first acceleration, even though I always let the engine warm up a good bit. Usually in 1st or 2nd gear.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

BadCactus

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Badland 2.3L 7M | 1991 EB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone had any luck with a fix? I've had this issue since October 2022, and as suspected, I logged a complaint with Ford Customer Care on this forum and scheduled an appointment with my dealer. They plugged in a scan tool, drove it around the block, and told me everything was fine. It continues to be an intermittent issue when:
  • The weather drops below 70 degrees
  • The vehicle is driven to fully warm and then sits for 30-40 minutes
  • Restarted warm
Immediately after releasing the clutch, the hesitation occurs in first gear, under moderate acceleration - usually when pulling out of a driveway into traffic (quite startling). It feels like the engine is cutting timing or fuel (hard cut). If I had to guess, it's an issue with either the high-pressure fuel pump (sensor) or a problem with the VCT solenoids. If I had to pick one, I'd say the most likely is the HP fuel pump sensor since VCT solenoid would likely trigger a fault code. I have not seen a check engine light, and the dealer could not find any fault codes in the ECU.

From Ford:
Fuel Pressure Sensor - Repair or Replace
If your fuel pressure sensor has failed, you might experience occasional hiccups under acceleration, or possibly even a non-starting engine. If your Ford Edge is experiencing these symptoms, a Ford technician can help.

https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Ford__Edge/Fuel-Pressure-Sensor/75837934/K2GZ9F972B.html

Part# K2GZ-9F972-B

Derek

Last edited:

Sponsored

FLGal

Base
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Nitro
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have this same issue as well...the bucking bronco, 1st or 2nd gear and intermittent. Does it when it wants whether it be hot or cold motor, hot or cold outside, it just takes a notion to start bucking. I can switch gears or put the clutch in then let it back out and it's usually fine (sometimes feels like it's going to buck again or there is a lag of some sort). Seems this is happening pretty often to others. I hope there's a fix soon. It's hard to trouble shoot when it's random. I figure the more people complain, the more likely the matter will be examined more closely.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems to come and go with different versions of OTA updates. There was a 7 month stretch where the bucking bronco syndrome was in the rear view mirror. Completely forgot about it - spanning winter and summer, from -30 to +30. It then returned for a few weeks early summer, and disappeared just as quickā€¦

No Rhyme or reason, the only thing that was remotely close to the timeframe were a few OTA updates. Perhaps someone is toying with some modules and programming?

Bigridge83

Black Diamond
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport, ā€˜21 Bronco, ā€˜92 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™ve got this exact same problem. Iā€™ve been able to pinpoint the favorable conditions for it to happen to me. When it is shut down after a run, Iā€™ve noticed when the oil temp is around 140-150 degrees (after sitting for 1-2 hours,) the accelerator is real lazy and 9/10 times it will buck. Let off the accelerator and get back on it and itā€™s fine. And 2/10 times it will have a dead misfire, which is very audible with the straight pipe. Then it will clear up, with or without the bucking. Iā€™m aiming to take it to the dealer soon, but Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll get the unable to replicate excuse.

DubZuc

Base
First Name
Zuc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 2 Door Base & ā€˜23 4 Door Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My wife's '21 7MT is experiencing this same issue. She says it's occurring more frequently, but only ever in 1st gear and when she is leaving the house or work. I personally experienced it this weekend for the first time in her vehicle and definitely cause for concern. Has this been fixed/corrected for anyone yet?
Sponsored