First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like the transmission issues my Daughter's Focus had. Yes that was the DPS6 dual-clutch transmission but the similarity is eerie.
Hope she had it taken care of, and if so, what was the fix?

OP
OP
Tacanta14

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 6 cylinder experiences uneven acceleration at times mostly at lower speeds. Not quite to the level of ā€œbuckingā€. Iā€™d be interested in hearing if your dealer finds anything.
I'll post if I have any followup info.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine has done this a handful of times in the past two years. The instances are very spread out and when I took it to the dealer for the 7MT synchro TSB they couldnā€™t duplicate it. Definitely some gremlins running around

Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve had this issue also, and I read from another thread that the only resolution found is to update the PCM module.

I advised the dealership to do exactly that but they couldnā€™t reproduce the issue after having my Bronco for over a week.

ne13thdream

Black Diamond
First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 23 VB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I literally just dropped mine off today for the same thing... its a 4dr 23 Black Diamond 2.7 with almost 10000 miles on it. Mine feels like it gets stuck between 2 and 3 and the RPMs go nuts and then it jumps into gear. I can really tell it in sport mode!

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine has done this intermittently in 1st gear only. No rhyme or reason as to why. I had the Ford Performance tune installed in December and have not experienced the bucking since. Could be coincidence, time will tell.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've experienced this since new also. At just under 19k miles. I've noticed it happens on a lukewarm engine with oil temps around 100-120*F. Taking it out of gear, coasting in Neutral for a split second and re-engaging the gear and/or upshifting has fixed it 100% of time for me. Gotta love the buckin' bronco phenomenon that us 7MT owners get ;)

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've experienced this since new also. At just under 19k miles. I've noticed it happens on a lukewarm engine with oil temps around 100-120*F. Taking it out of gear, coasting in Neutral for a split second and re-engaging the gear and/or upshifting has fixed it 100% of time for me. Gotta love the buckin' bronco phenomenon that us 7MT owners get ;)
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine has done this intermittently in 1st gear only. No rhyme or reason as to why. I had the Ford Performance tune installed in December and have not experienced the bucking since. Could be coincidence, time will tell.
I can say much the same thing - would see if very rarely in 1st on my 7Mt (thought it was me being squishy on the clutch at first) but havenā€™t had it at all since installing the Ford Tune

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hope she had it taken care of, and if so, what was the fix?
Three clutch replacements then finally a trans. Traded it in on her Mustang Graduation present. Never been a Ford guy but that Mustang and the 2.3l in it convinced me to look at the Bronco. My Cobb Accessport would work on the Mustang so I'm hoping they can get it working for the Bronco.

bellboyfab

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22Bronco ā€˜93 C3500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ive had this happen multiple times with with almost these exact same conditions. Typically at nite or colder days so I have always chalked it up to not letting the engine warm up but am interested to see what others have experienced.

OP
OP
Tacanta14

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Three clutch replacements then finally a trans. Traded it in on her Mustang Graduation present. Never been a Ford guy but that Mustang and the 2.3l in it convinced me to look at the Bronco. My Cobb Accessport would work on the Mustang so I'm hoping they can get it working for the Bronco.
You'd think that after the 1st or 2nd clutch replacement they wouldn't have done a 3rd, so I guess they fit the definition of insane! Had an F100 back in the early seventies, which was a good truck, then a Ranger in the early 90's, which was not a good truck. Having regrets about getting the Bronco, and the 2024 Tacoma Off Road will be my next vehicle! Hope the Mustang is running well!
Sponsored