R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I put my 2.3 L base-squatch in 4A, I get a rhythmic pulsating vibration when accelerating over 30 mph. I can both feel it in the pedal and hear it. It's not loud, it's subtle, but noticeable. Is this normal for 4A?
I notice subtle drivetrain vibration sometimes in 4A under heavy acceleration as well. I attributed this to lift (CV angle), but now I'm not sure. Have seen zero 4A vibration in my Raptor. Fortunately, 2H is acceptable for dry roads in Bronco since low engine power.

This may also be the reason that the RCV and Spicer upgrade CV axles are having issues in 4A. With the RCV's installed it felt like my front end was going to self-destruct in 4A (low speed after cornering would start thumping; high speed after curve would start extreme shaking). My guess is that after some front/rear bind there is something in the Bronco front design that causes abnormal vibration, or the transfer case is perhaps not modulating torque split enough to relax normal binding.
Sponsored

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - 1999 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
my front pinion seal is also wet but not dripping - dealer said it’s not a concern right now

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So , I have new but it’s not great or bad news.

My 2022 Basesquatch with the V6 has 11,000 miles and I’ve had this issue for a few months. I feel a slight vibration in the floor coasting or speeding up. I feel the difference between 2wd and 4A instantly. Sometimes you hear the gears binding together like a worn jeep diff.

brought it to the dealer and they said that ford knows about this issue but there is no fix yet. We will get something in the mail once they knowhow to fix it. Hopefully we can find something outbut that’s what I got.

I thought I was crazy feeling this vibration because my advisor couldn’t feel the difference but I could. Also because I daily it and feel a difference.

Did the dealer have any indication of a Ford case number or other reference? I have my appt in two weeks and my "symptoms" in 4A fit everything mentioned in the thread

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our stock '22 Badlands (11K miles) does this as well. Very subtile and not 100% of the time.

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Our stock '22 Badlands (11K miles) does this as well. Very subtile and not 100% of the time.

Please confirm as there have many a few issues described in this thread.

Vibration in 4A? or Vibration in 2HI?

Highway speeds?

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please confirm as there have many a few issues described in this thread.

Vibration in 4A? or Vibration in 2HI?

Highway speeds?
4A, HWY speeds, very subtle but there.

Bronccat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands, 76 Bronco, 95 Bronco (SOLD)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4A vibration between 38 and 40 on accel only. No vibration 4H or 2H. I don't think it was present before below lift.

'23 Badlands, Sasquatch, 4dr, 2.7, auto - 2600 mi.

Zone lift / level ZF1221 I think

Front is a small perch and a puck, rear puck only.

Taking to dealer tomorrow to check alignment. It's drives straight but still checking.

Front was full droop on install, axle nut was removed but axle never fully left hub splines.

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
4A vibration between 38 and 40 on accel only. No vibration 4H or 2H. I don't think it was present before below lift.

'23 Badlands, Sasquatch, 4dr, 2.7, auto - 2600 mi.

Zone lift / level ZF1221 I think

Front is a small perch and a puck, rear puck only.

Taking to dealer tomorrow to check alignment. It's drives straight but still checking.

Front was full droop on install, axle nut was removed but axle never fully left hub splines.
I've pondered alignment issues, but typically vibration from alignment is more aggressive

Federico

Black Diamond
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer at first said this was normal and I had them do a figure 8 in the parking lot while in sport mode (4A ) and they are now replacing the transfer case.

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer at first said this was normal and I had them do a figure 8 in the parking lot while in sport mode (4A ) and they are now replacing the transfer case.
What happens during the figure 8 procedure?

Sponsored

Federico

Black Diamond
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What happens during the figure 8 procedure?
In my case when the vehicle is in 4A when the wheel is turned it binds the right rear wheel and starts to vibrate as you move forward. They tried it after removing the front driveshaft and it still did it, so they determined it was the transfer case that was faulty. I am still waiting on one which has been backordered for 45 days and counting...

Bronccat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands, 76 Bronco, 95 Bronco (SOLD)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had my alignment, the 4A vibration at 38 is a little better - but there's almost a drone at 70 to 75. Very unsettling.

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine also vibrates in 4a under acceleration, normal driving seems to be fine don't know if it did it non lifted because that did not last a week and the lift was in

Federico

Black Diamond
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The dealer replaced the transfer case and all is right again. No binding on turns while rolling. Here are the techs notes and parts replaced.
Ford Bronco 4A Vibration on Acceleration? IMG_4324