Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I notoriously hate extended warranties. But took a chance with this second model year vehicle. Time will tell for the both of us!
Yea, I most always opt out, but for $1500 considering first year model, long term ownership, I took the bait. It’s not like I have wasted $1500 before
Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BroncoMax21

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Definitely. I like how you are articulating the suspension in that 1/4” drop off 👍🏻
Didn't have a spotter but threw it in Baja mode so I could get the tire cams.
Just hope I can get out after work tonight

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So my story had a mostly happy ending. Last Thursday afternoon I got a call that my Bronco had arrived, we were headed out of town and didn't get back until Tuesday. Yesterday was a nightmare day schedule wise, so I got there today and took delivery.

Only issue was the Retail Order Price Protection, although I have 2 Grangetober reserverations towards the end of that month, I placed a 3rd order with a local dealer for my 2 door BB back in November knowing they didn't have many orders and seeing some small dealers with a slight bit of allocation but not many orders jump the line.

So unfortunately I didn't get the 22.5 price protection, so I paid $1600 over what it was supposed to be. Oddly, despite my order being placed well after the 3/17/21 cutoff for the 21/22 Price Protection ($400 for a Big Bend) they ended up with a certificate for that $400, but they said they have yet to properly get a 22.5 price protection to work. They did say if they got it that they would refund the difference.

I said goodbye to my 6 month old 21 JL that I bought when I had given up hope, I really liked it more than I would have thought, and I'll miss the garage door opener and heated steering wheel, but beyond that my first impressions are great.

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So my story had a mostly happy ending. Last Thursday afternoon I got a call that my Bronco had arrived, we were headed out of town and didn't get back until Tuesday. Yesterday was a nightmare day schedule wise, so I got there today and took delivery.

Only issue was the Retail Order Price Protection, although I have 2 Grangetober reserverations towards the end of that month, I placed a 3rd order with a local dealer for my 2 door BB back in November knowing they didn't have many orders and seeing some small dealers with a slight bit of allocation but not many orders jump the line.

So unfortunately I didn't get the 22.5 price protection, so I paid $1600 over what it was supposed to be. Oddly, despite my order being placed well after the 3/17/21 cutoff for the 21/22 Price Protection ($400 for a Big Bend) they ended up with a certificate for that $400, but they said they have yet to properly get a 22.5 price protection to work. They did say if they got it that they would refund the difference.

I said goodbye to my 6 month old 21 JL that I bought when I had given up hope, I really liked it more than I would have thought, and I'll miss the garage door opener and heated steering wheel, but beyond that my first impressions are great.
Glad it l worked out. Did you cancel your other orders? Also you should have gotten the 22.5 protection no questions asked. That is a problem between the dealer and Ford, not your problem. Enjoy, it’s a blast!

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Glad it l worked out. Did you cancel your other orders? Also you should have gotten the 22.5 protection no questions asked. That is a problem between the dealer and Ford, not your problem. Enjoy, it’s a blast!
The dealer said they have been burned by Ford not sending the $, so they wouldn’t front it. Haven’t cancelled yet, ultimately I want a mod top so I will see what happens for 23, my Granger orders are in 99 status.

robo

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi hatch, CG 2022 Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought I would share this very cheap and very useful accessory I just added.
If you've been grocery shopping with your Bronco, you have undoubtedly realized that there are no bag hooks in the cargo area or places to hook clothes hangers when you pick up your dry cleaning.
This is a $30 fix that is super simple. Sinister Speed Shop Gear Hooks (on Etsy)
Ford Bronco 5/2/22 Build Week Group 679458520

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Everyone enjoying their Bronco? 3,000 miles here and it’s been great! I have really enjoyed and haven’t added anything since my initial mods. I did just order the IAG rear cup holders. There hydraulic assist has been great. Also may go for some adjustable coilovers before the end of the year.

Sponsored

Mirunner

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 or 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone enjoying their Bronco? 3,000 miles here and it’s been great! I have really enjoyed and haven’t added anything since my initial mods. I did just order the IAG rear cup holders. There hydraulic assist has been great. Also may go for some adjustable coilovers before the end of the year.
I am almost at 3K miles as well. I have been enjoying it, but haven't tested it off road yet as I am still looking at PPF. I did get the AIG cupholders ordered as soon as I get an email they were in. I also have a best top on order. However, that has been a headache as they only sent 1 of 2 boxes and lost the box with the hardware in it. I should be getting the hardware after 4 weeks of ordering any day now. Other than that, I love it.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am almost at 3K miles as well. I have been enjoying it, but haven't tested it off road yet as I am still looking at PPF. I did get the AIG cupholders ordered as soon as I get an email they were in. I also have a best top on order. However, that has been a headache as they only sent 1 of 2 boxes and lost the box with the hardware in it. I should be getting the hardware after 4 weeks of ordering any day now. Other than that, I love it.
Cool! Give an update when you get the top. Would like to know how you like it.

robo

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi hatch, CG 2022 Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I only have 1500 mi. on mine. No major issues. I do have some headliner unsticking itself from the MIC top, but I'll have that taken care of when I take it in for service.
My passenger side step slider (Rockslide Engineering) needed to be replaced as the step wasn't retracting properly, but that's all fixed now.
I did get to get out on some moderate trails during a camping trip to Upper Blue Lake (about 30 south of Lake Tahoe) and the rig performed flawlessly. Came very close to getting some pin-striping from the narrow tree lined section of trail, but emerged unscathed.
In the attached video, you can't see how steep that climb was until my cuz turns the camera around.
Ford Bronco 5/2/22 Build Week Group IMG_9174

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I only have 1500 mi. on mine. No major issues. I do have some headliner unsticking itself from the MIC top, but I'll have that taken care of when I take it in for service.
My passenger side step slider (Rockslide Engineering) needed to be replaced as the step wasn't retracting properly, but that's all fixed now.
I did get to get out on some moderate trails during a camping trip to Upper Blue Lake (about 30 south of Lake Tahoe) and the rig performed flawlessly. Came very close to getting some pin-striping from the narrow tree lined section of trail, but emerged unscathed.
In the attached video, you can't see how steep that climb was until my cuz turns the camera around.
Ford Bronco 5/2/22 Build Week Group IMG_9180.MOV

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing. :) Man I'm jealous of the great off-roading you guys have out west. In the south where I live it's either beach sand or mud...not a lot of trails to really test what it can do. I hope to take some adventures on it where I can put it to the test.
Sponsored