Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Positives - I’m at about 5,500. Haven’t gone through a tank of gas the last 3 weeks. Was going to to schedule service for early next week maybe. I had the bad A/C recirculation door motor from the factory. That was replaced after two trips to the dealer. They ordered what there parts schema showed and it wasn’t the right part. Tech took out the old one, gave them a part # off it and zip tied my recirculation door until the new one came in about a week later. Otherwise been perfect and the 2.3 has been spot on. Averaging right at 20 mixed driving on 33” Terra Grapps. My oil life shows 49% and the online manual shows 10k as first service but I’m not waiting that long.

Negatives - Not much. Nit picky, I have noticed hood float (I have adjusted bumpers) and the soft top fabric does stretch and loosen a tad after several ups and downs.

Bronco’s on the road - Know of about 15-20 in my local area of about 100k in South Alabama. I was on a trip in Central Florida a couple weeks ago on the wife’s Murano and had a guy park next to me at a rest area off I75 that had my OBX with a hard top. Not sure what interior color he had. He still had everything in stock form. Was kinda wishing I was on mine when he rolled up…😂

Upgrades - Coletrain, I like the gloss black and the painted flares. I don’t think they will get chalky over time like black plastic. One thing that drew me to the OBX, that and the interior color options I wanted. New upgrades I am thinking of adding the new 2.5” Ford Bilsten Coilovers over the winter. Best upgrade I have made #1 sound system, fantastic and #2 is the IAG rear top lift struts.
Thanks i hadn't seen anyone do painted flares in a contrasting color. I like the red/black look but didn't care for the bare plastic. i ceramic coated my plastics right away but even that started to flake a little and i didn't want that(it was a kit of wipes that was recommended on this page). Only thing i think i'd do differently now is do the door handles in hot pepper red so they don't stand out. I can pull these and have them painted whenever i want to i just left them black for now. I liked the outer banks but i wanted the lockers without doing the sasquatch package(don't really need the big 35's). Badlands had marine grade vinyl and washout floors which i also wanted BUT it had the grey grille which i didn't care for on my color. Wildtrak had the grill i wanted but not the floor/seats i wanted AND badlands had swaybar disconnect that i will probably never use BUT it checked all the other boxes. Its now setup how i would have ordered it if it was an option :D I still have the original parts and can put it back to stock if i really want to.

That was one thing i wish Ford had allowed was to allow a little more option selection on the upper trims and i would have done all this at that point but i get why they do it this way. Now i have to decide if i want to remove the orange interior bits lol
Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks i hadn't seen anyone do painted flares in a contrasting color. I like the red/black look but didn't care for the bare plastic. i ceramic coated my plastics right away but even that started to flake a little and i didn't want that(it was a kit of wipes that was recommended on this page). Only thing i think i'd do differently now is do the door handles in hot pepper red so they don't stand out. I can pull these and have them painted whenever i want to i just left them black for now. I liked the outer banks but i wanted the lockers without doing the sasquatch package(don't really need the big 35's). Badlands had marine grade vinyl and washout floors which i also wanted BUT it had the grey grille which i didn't care for on my color. Wildtrak had the grill i wanted but not the floor/seats i wanted AND badlands had swaybar disconnect that i will probably never use BUT it checked all the other boxes. Its now setup how i would have ordered it if it was an option :D I still have the original parts and can put it back to stock if i really want to.

That was one thing i wish Ford had allowed was to allow a little more option selection on the upper trims and i would have done all this at that point but i get why they do it this way. Now i have to decide if i want to remove the orange interior bits lol
Part of the fun, making it what you want and I like that your using other factory model parts. My interior bits are blue but they don’t really bother me and yeah my stock wheels are sitting in my shop with about 30 miles on them. Don’t plan to sell them.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Everyone still enjoying their ride? Just 6k and latest upgrade was installing a new takeoff Badlands SAS suspension. I think the Badlands Bilstein lift on 33’s is about perfect for daily driving and looks good. Here is a picture of mine, with Badlands SAS beside a friends Badlands. The ground is uneven where we are parked so hard to tell, but I have a little more fender well gap. So far like the ride of the Bilstein shocks.

F816BA66-836A-4CF0-BDCD-A3C059B0B66E.jpeg

robo

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi hatch, CG 2022 Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone still enjoying their ride? Just 6k and latest upgrade was installing a new takeoff Badlands SAS suspension. I think the Badlands Bilstein lift on 33’s is about perfect for daily driving and looks good. Here is a picture of mine, with Badlands SAS beside a friends Badlands. The ground is uneven where we are parked so hard to tell, but I have a little more fender well gap. So far like the ride of the Bilstein shocks.

Ford Bronco 5/2/22 Build Week Group F816BA66-836A-4CF0-BDCD-A3C059B0B66E
Looks good from what I can see, but yours is in the shadows.
I'd like to see a straight shot of it

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks good from what I can see, but yours is in the shadows.
I'd like to see a straight shot of it
Here ya go Robo. Like I said not on flat ground.

18A659A9-5DDA-421B-BD54-24EB9CD65A34.jpeg

Sponsored

robo

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I don't think that's too much wheel gap.

midwesterpioneer

Base
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F150, 2006 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How's everyone's ride holding up? Almost 16,000 on mine and so far so good except for the scraping sounds coming from the MT88...

Hueso

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘04 F350 superduty, ‘22 2dr manual Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How's everyone's ride holding up? Almost 16,000 on mine and so far so good except for the scraping sounds coming from the MT88...
Almost 14k here… my issues are minor so far.
MT scraping noise
Airbag cover cracked
Rear storage pull tab came off
Can’t bring myself to leave her with someone else long enough for the repairs.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Almost 14k here… my issues are minor so far.
MT scraping noise
Airbag cover cracked
Rear storage pull tab came off
Can’t bring myself to leave her with someone else long enough for the repairs.
10,800 here and solid. Only issue is A/C recirculation door MOTOR has failed twice. Still love it and enjoying the top down as we have had that kind of weather for a month now. 😀

Last edited:

robo

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still loving it! Just passed 7,000 mi.
Only issues are the white smears on the plastic fenders from the Ford ceramic coating application, (Which they said they'd fix, but I'm waiting til I take it in for its first service), and I had to do a hard reset on the electical after an especially hard hit on the pictured trail (Deer Valley 4x4 Trail just south of Tahoe) caused lots of flashing errors and my drive and off road modes to become unavailable.
4Low still funtioned, just not the swaybar disconnect and lockers. Thankfully we were near the end of the trail and had no other issues.
Ford Bronco 5/2/22 Build Week Group IMG_0267.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

joeyha

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
12,000kms

- Scraping/Grinding noise coming from Manual Trans. (on my second transmission - still making noise)
- Engine ticking noise
- HVAC blower motor has been replaced - still whistles when really cold outside
- Wind whistling coming passenger roof panel - weatherstripping has been adjusted, still occurs at some high speed wind angles
- Tailgate / back glass panel making a lot of creaky noises when going over bumps at any speed

Had a '12 Tacoma before this, not one issue. Probably will sell the Bronco when the '24 Tacoma comes out.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Still loving it!
Only issues are the white smears on the plastic fenders from the Ford ceramic coating application, (Which they said they'd fix, but I'm waiting til I take it in for its first service), and I had to do a hard reset on the electical after an especially hard hit on the pictured trail caused lots of flashing errors and my drive and off road modes to become unavailable.
4Low still funtioned, just not the swaybar disconnect and lockers. Thankfully we were near the end of the trail and had no other issues.
Ford Bronco 5/2/22 Build Week Group IMG_0267.JPG
Nice pic!! Last year we were all over this site sharing anticipation. This year just enjoying good times.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

12,000kms

- Scraping/Grinding noise coming from Manual Trans. (on my second transmission - still making noise)
- Engine ticking noise
- HVAC blower motor has been replaced - still whistles when really cold outside
- Wind whistling coming passenger roof panel - weatherstripping has been adjusted, still occurs at some high speed wind angles
- Tailgate / back glass panel making a lot of creaky noises when going over bumps at any speed

Had a '12 Tacoma before this, not one issue. Probably will sell the Bronco when the '24 Tacoma comes out.
Change to a soft top!

Cwill79

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Almost 16k miles. Still loving it every time I get in it.
Ford Bronco 5/2/22 Build Week Group 748B7781-0430-47F1-B119-6586BF55F66F
Have had a great time getting to know others with Broncos and doing some wheeling. Here is a group shot of 19 of us out on the trail at the gorge in KY.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Almost 16k miles. Still loving it every time I get in it.
Ford Bronco 5/2/22 Build Week Group 748B7781-0430-47F1-B119-6586BF55F66F
Have had a great time getting to know others with Broncos and doing some wheeling. Here is a group shot of 19 of us out on the trail at the gorge in KY.
Looks like fun!!
Sponsored