casbar

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Tacoma, '17 Indian Scout
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dealer contacted me today and said Ford called and extended selection for one more week. If I don't get picked next week then I'll be pushed to a MY22 for sure. With all the craziness going on there is no way to know what to believe. Feels like we are just being pushed into waiting so we don't start giving up our orders. I'll give it one more week before I start looking for something else.

mylittlepony

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler / 09 TC Series 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ā€œHey, this problem we announced a couple of months ago... yea, weā€™re no closer to solving it now as we were then. Tough shit. Suck it up buttercup.ā€
you mean, you already knew the roof leaks??

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe Ford should just import the tops or move their top manufacturing to somewhere else. Seems Detroitā€™s not really working out for them.

Sponsored

quaddy2020

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didnā€™t get the email above, anyone else in the same boat?

ChicagoBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I didnā€™t get the email above, anyone else in the same boat?
Hi,
Yes. I had been anticipating it, and did not get one. So, I emailed my dealer. He said I did not get on because I have been assigned a vin and production date in July. I was surprised. I even went into my ford.com account and checked there... nothing new just states order submitted. I can say that I have a really early res time. I ordered 6 cyl with SAS and hard top. A week or two ago I changed it to soft top basis what I read here... and it seemed to have worked

jdvz411

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I still have to reserve, I want a base 2.3 with a soft top looks like I might be able to jump to the head of the class!!
I've heard they aren't taking any more reservations right now.
So the email clearly states hardtops are the issue.
Iā€™m a July 29 reservation. I know thatā€™s way late.
But Iā€™m a soft top only 4 door
According to the email I got earlier today it should make it to where I get mine faster. Was assuming Iā€™d be 22, but now Iā€™m thinking Iā€™m 21.
Correct?
That's my thought too. At least I hope that's the case.

Reactions: RLW

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not sure where people are getting this idea, but Tesla isn't killing it on profit per car, in fact without the regulatory credits that Tesla sells to other car companies they'd still be posting massive losses each quarter. As all of the major manufacturers start to sell EVs themselves, those Tesla credits will be worth less and less, and they'll revert to posting large losses each quarter. Also, every time I see something about Tesla's margins it's using non-GAAP accounting and includes the revenue from the regulatory credits (which will disappear in 5-10 years). Here is a much more accurate analysis of Tesla's actual margins. https://stockdividendscreener.com/a...tomotive-revenue-and-gross-margin-comparison/
You are 100% correct. Youā€™d be surprised at their actual numbers. Ask me about the Cybertruck šŸ˜‚ No donā€™t, letā€™s talk about the Bronco. Tesla has its own place to discuss.

Sponsored

Marshhunt

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
No email here and a little nervous about it. July 14 reservation but 2 door hardtop.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well I decided Iā€™m back in the market for a Bronco. But I have a new way to get one. I told my dealership to call me immediately if someone doesnt their badlands or FE order. From what I understand I might have a bite already. And itā€™s scheduled. Easy way to get to the front šŸ˜‚

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Itā€™s not like Webasto staged a coup and forced Ford to contract them to make tops or else. That decision goes to Fords judgement at a minimum for not doing their due diligence, or at least failing to have a back up plan until itā€™s too late. Failing to plan is planning to fail, and the buck stops at the blue oval.

This has become the trend for Ford of late, and they do not deserve a pass or us wonderfully loyal customers. They deserve all the scorn they get. They effā€™d up the bull bar by blocking the bronco lettering....had to scrap their entire stock and start over (gee we didnā€™t think to ask anyone if they wanted to see the Bronco letters). They contrived and implemented their sneaky priority order scheme....doling out thousands of constrained items to Johnny come lately line jumpers (not their fault) at the expense of us early reservation holders who are now left holding our proverbial dicks, babbling on incessantly about timestamps, and allocation rankings, and fairness, and lies.

They implemented dealer allocations, and VIP orders, and offered no 2dr or WT soft top option......let me say this one again because itā€™s a super special kind of stupidity that ought to end up in the stupidity hall of fame.....Ford is forcing customers to a soft top option which isnā€™t even an option for probably 35-40% (WT and 2dr) of their orders.

On a more positive note they ought to be flush with winches......Iā€™ll bet they have a fuckload of them since they, in all their glorious wisdom, managed to locate the winch in such a manner as to render ACC and trail cams useless so you had to pick or choose if you wanted a winch or the most popular high or Lux pkgs.......brilliant engineering feat their boys.

This is getting way too long and I havenā€™t even gotten to mod tops, which in effect jump started the MIC top shortage......or dual tops, or PPF, or roof racks.

This current group of Ford ass hats couldnā€™t run a Turkish whore house, let alone a car company. And they can stick their Off Roadeo appeasement boondoggle where the sun donā€™t shine....I would rather have a root canal.

Now, come on Thursday......Daddy needs a new Bronco.
Building vehicles has to be a logistical nightmare, especially with whats been going on in the world the past year and a half. You pull out the wrong Jenna piece and it all falls down, just like a supply chain problem. Y
I don't know about anyone else, but my dealership wanted a $500 deposit on top of the $100 deposit from the reservation. However, I was one of the lucky ones that got a build date yesterday so I'm obviously not requesting a refund.
Woot woot! Whatā€™s your build?

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, my dealership called me and asked if I wanted to change my order. Literally the first time they have ever contacted me. Iā€™m on the fence about whether to change to the four door and add soft top or stick with the two door.
Iā€™m on the fence too. Do I downgrade to an obx or something
Well I decided Iā€™m back in the market for a Bronco. But I have a new way to get one. I told my dealership to call me immediately if someone doesnt their badlands or FE order. From what I understand I might have a bite already. And itā€™s scheduled. Easy way to get to the front šŸ˜‚
and youā€™ll pay $10 - $15 grand more šŸ˜‚
Sponsored