First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Besides the fact that imo they are butt ugly.........sorry....
Well, I see your tastes are more in line with Porsche, but butt ugly? Isn’t that a little harsh?...lol. As they say, beauty (and the butt) is in the eye of the beholder.

To be honest I’ve been luke warm on the Explorer’s appearance as well, until I gave the RT trim another look, and it’s starting to grow on me. With 400hp, 415 lb- ft of torque, and everything you get with it for around $60k, it might be the perfect stop gap (at least for me) until the Raptor Bronco is available in a couple years.......and at least I can get a damn hard top on it😁.

Plus, I have to say, IMHO, I think it’s looks are at least on par with the 4dr Bronco (with the exception of the Black WT, which is absolute 🔥). If I don’t have a build date for my Bronco NLT 1 Oct. or so, I’ll need another option since I traded in My wife’s Lincoln on the 21 Ranger.....I’m open to suggestions from my 6g friends.....Buehler, Buehler, anybody?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, I see your tastes are more in line with Porsche, but butt ugly? Isn’t that a little harsh?...lol. To be honest I’ve been luke warm on the Explorer’s appearance as well, until I gave the RT trim another look, and it’s starting to grow on me. And with 400hp, 415 lb- ft of torque, and everything you get for around $60k, it might be the perfect stop gap (at least for me) until the Raptor Bronco is available........and at least I can get a hard top on it😁. Plus, I have to say, IMHO, I think it’s looks are at least on par with the 4dr Bronco (with the exception of the Black WT, which is absolute 🔥). If I don’t have a build date for my Bronco NLT 1 Oct. or so, I’ll need another option since I traded in My wife’s Lincoln on the 21 Ranger.....I’m open to suggestions from my 6g friends.....Buehler, Buehler, anybody?
Wait, are you actually saying the explorer looks are on par w/ a 4 door bronco? I may wear glasses, but I am not blind 😅 The explorer you put the pic up looks like every other suv out there. Plain and ugly

Here I will fix it for you:
The explorer RT looks like a Hyundai and is not on par with a 4dr bronco.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

To be honest I’ve been luke warm on the Explorer’s appearance as well, until I gave the RT trim another look, and it’s starting to grow on me.

I’m open to suggestions from my 6g friends.....Buehler, Buehler, anybody?
Yes, why not the new Ford Explorer Timberline, off-road model.
The 2021 Ford Explorer Timberline is available to order now and arrives at Ford dealers this summer.
Ford Grows Rugged SUV Lineup with New Ford Explorer Timberline – Most Off-Road-Capable Explorer Ever

2021 Ford Explorer Timberline First Look: Exploring Jeep Territory

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I do like timberline, with the added clearance, rugged looks, and that green paint, but I believe it only comes with the 2.3L, which is fine in my Ranger, but the 400hp V6, appeals to me from a performance and road trip perspective.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I do like timberline, with the added clearance, rugged looks, and that green paint, but I believe it only comes with the 2.3L, which is fine in my Ranger, but the 400hp V6, appeals to me from a performance and road trip perspective.
Crazy they don't offer the 2.7 in it. o_O

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Crazy they don't offer the 2.7 in it. o_O
I agree...the RT has the 3.0, you’d think they would have at least offered the Timberline in a 2.7. Hopefully, it won’t come to that, and timing forces my hand to an Explorer RT, or similar vehicle. I’m still hopeful of getting my 2dr Badlands by Thanksgiving.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No leaks in my hand when I took this shot.

Thanks for posting this, I was going to respond with something similar. When you take the top off you don't leave the connections dangling like those pictures were showing. They were designed to unplug at the panel.

And people need to remember that all the Broncos that have been seen and videoed are all prototypes that were designed with Frankenstein parts. So looking at the blinker on a soft top at the Rodeo doesn't count.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wait, are you actually saying the explorer looks are on par w/ a 4 door bronco? I may wear glasses, but I am not blind 😅 The explorer you put the pic up looks like every other suv out there. Plain and ugly

Here I will fix it for you:
The explorer RT looks like a Hyundai and is not on par with a 4dr bronco.
“Ding ding ding, we have a winner!”

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
“Ding ding ding, we have a winner!”
You have already shown your bias with your “butt ugly” comment. Haha. I think I’ll wait for an impartial judge if that’s alright with you.......although I might be waiting a while in a. Bronco room. 😁

I will add these however, in my defense.....

Sponsored

Last edited: