Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That looks great. I love the way the drawers pull out. Are those flyrods I see, I like how they are stashed away safe.
how stable is the long pullout when you set stuff on the farthest end? Does it sway side to side?
Sponsored

OP
OP
MDC1980

MDC1980

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That looks great. I love the way the drawers pull out. Are those flyrods I see, I like how they are stashed away safe.
how stable is the long pullout when you set stuff on the farthest end? Does it sway side to side?
1. Yes they are fly rods. I hope no self-respecting Bronco enthusiast would be caught using a baitcaster. How barbaric! I will eventually purchase a trextle fly rod carrier when I purchase a roof rack, after I purchase a hardtop…so down the line a bit.

2. No sway, but it is angled down slightly. I purchased a carbon fiber trekking pole to prop the end up. The drawers are 250lb 24” drawers by Vevor off of Amazon. Strong enough for me. Also, it wasn’t planned, but the table portion is a perfect dining height of 30” when using the cooler as a seat.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

1. Yes they are fly rods. I hope no self-respecting Bronco enthusiast would be caught using a baitcaster. How barbaric! I will eventually purchase a trextle fly rod carrier when I purchase a roof rack, after I purchase a hardtop…so down the line a bit.

2. No sway, but it is angled down slightly. I purchased a carbon fiber trekking pole to prop the end up. The drawers are 250lb 24” drawers by Vevor off of Amazon. Strong enough for me. Also, it wasn’t planned, but the table portion is a perfect dining height of 30” when using the cooler as a seat.
I really like that setup. Perfect so for camping, especially a spur of the moment thing. I hear you on the fly rods. Ive got way too many myself. To celebrate my Bronco order I had a 3wt bamboo rod built to take on my adventures so something like you built is perfect since a rod should be in the truck at all times!

OP
OP
MDC1980

MDC1980

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really like that setup. Perfect so for camping, especially a spur of the moment thing. I hear you on the fly rods. Ive got way too many myself. To celebrate my Bronco order I had a 3wt bamboo rod built to take on my adventures so something like you built is perfect since a rod should be in the truck at all times!
Thank you so much! I don’t have bamboo rod money yet, but I want to learn to make them. Also, 3 weight is my favorite bc you can throw it on the smallest of creeks or fish it in wider waters and it makes a 14” feel like a 24”. But the whole goal of this rig (which is far from complete) is to be able, at a moment’s notice, drive to camp close to where I want to fish and be up and ready early in the morning. I’m in the Army, moving to Fort Campbell, KY this summer. I’m a major so that means I’ll be working 70+ hour weeks (not a joke)…so when I get the chance to fish, I’m going to seize it!

Last edited:

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

thanks for all you do man, I have nothing but huge respect for all who serve in the armed forces.

your setup is exactly what I want to do. Have everything in the rig ready to roll. Toss in some personal gear and hit the road.

I’ve built a whole bunch of glass and graphite rods over the years but never set the ferrules on a bamboo blank so I had a local guy I know do it for me. I got the bamboo blank on eBay for pretty cheap. Turned out really nice.

i agree, 3wt is my fav too. I bought a 6ft 2 wt off Amazon for kicks. I think it was called Maxfish or something and it’s fun but you really fave to push it when it’s windy so it becomes work which isn’t That much fun. lol.

hope you get some good KY fishing under your belt while your there!

Sponsored
OP
OP
MDC1980

MDC1980

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Final picture for a while. My mattress order was cancelled by the seller for nefarious reasons. Blamed my shipping address that I’ve used multiple times on eBay. Anyway, I ordered a single trekking pole from Amazon, a carbon fiber from Cascade Designs, and it’s working great to support the pull-out kitchen. Ready to go camping in it!

IMG_1927.jpeg

IMG_1928.jpeg

IMG_1926.jpeg

spidydt

Black Diamond
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx STi
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As a blue water SoCal angler with a quiver of conventional gear, I feel attacked.

OP
OP
MDC1980

MDC1980

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As a blue water SoCal angler with a quiver of conventional gear, I feel attacked.
Well, I say it in a somewhat joking manner…but also, deep water fishing is a different game all itself.

spidydt

Black Diamond
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx STi
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, I say it in a somewhat joking manner…but also, deep water fishing is a different game all itself.
At least we aren't using spinning gear!

OP
OP
MDC1980

MDC1980

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)