pfbz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Turbo, 991 Turbo S, 996 turbo, Q5 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Base
When you say your ‘dealer’ you must mean your ‘salesperson‘, and therein lies the issue. Your salesperson may have good insight and knowledge of the ordering process but she/he likely does not have full WBDO access to view previews. Also, I would be most sales managers at dealers don’t run around every Tuesday and Wednesday and tell every salesperson “hey, this Bronco under your name previewed today”. So, unless your salesperson specifically goes to the sales manager or internet manager every Tuesday/wed and asks, then she/he won’t know if you’ve previewed or not.
Appreciate the response, and yeah, I know that the above is often the case. But I am actually working directly with the Sales Manager, not a floor salesperson, who claims he doesn't know about any build previews done by corporate.

I assume the "WBDO" system is the order entry system? Are there simple instructions I could give him to see these 'factory previews'? I don't think he is BS'ing me, but rather he isn't familiar with this particular part of the ordering process...
Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Appreciate the response, and yeah, I know that the above is often the case. But I am actually working directly with the Sales Manager, not a floor salesperson, who claims he doesn't know about any build previews done by corporate.

I assume the "WBDO" system is the order entry system? Are there simple instructions I could give him to see these 'factory previews'? I don't think he is BS'ing me, but rather he isn't familiar with this particular part of the ordering process...
That makes sense then. I’m just a regular Bronco buyer but maybe DM @DealerInsider or @Bronco wannabe or @flip and maybe they can tell you what to say to our dealer on how to view previews.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I second this request for his friends
Based on lack of substantive responses, my friends are beginning to believe that these purported “previews” are not real.

OP
OP
PWillette

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on lack of substantive responses, my friends are beginning to believe that these purported “previews” are not real.
Possible builds being considered by Ford are "previewed" (normally on Tuesday) and dealers can see if any of their orders are being considered to be scheduled for build. It does not confirm that you will be scheduled.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Possible builds being considered by Ford are "previewed" (normally on Tuesday) and dealers can see if any of their orders are being considered to be scheduled for build. It does not confirm that you will be scheduled.
☝
I'm not on the sales end and not as versed on WBDO as some but here goes. We are talking about Bronco preview since that's really the only relevant measure right now. At some point on Tuesday morning the WBDO screen will show a blank, P or NSP in the column with the red mark on it.
Ford Bronco 6/1 Tuesday Previewing? 1622633680149

First symbol indicates a message, in this case the color was changed after the VIN assigned and just said something like it was processed. Model year, 4x4 type, retail (could be stock, fleet, or a few other order types) internal dealer order number, priority code, scheduled to date/week or unscheduled clean or unscheduled with conflict, body type, trim package, engine again, trans, wheelbase, color, interior etc.

This can be set up a couple different was depending on how you want to view it. The big question on everyone's mind is why or how Ford decides to preview orders. The answer is, I don't know.
There are bunch of different things factoring into it that don't really apply to normal orders. The main variable is commodities. How many of a certain part do we have available at a specific time to build vehicles? Next, attempt to take those ingredients and spread build spots somewhat evenly across the dealer body. After that, look at those specific orders to see what they can build out of that batch then try to do it by time stamp if possible. This is why individual builds are so important.

If they have 10,000 SAS packages and 15,000 wanting it, how do you apply all of the above factors and turn those orders into VINS? Then factor in people wanting tow, Lux and other limited options in one build and it really starts narrowing the site picture. I think this is why some of the scheduled orders are out of time stamp order. Part to utilize what they can build and attempt to spread those out among the dealer body.

We do not have anything that says, "here is what we can build this round and why we are looking at these specific vehicles". We can go in and modify the orders before they are built. I've not tried to modify one that's in preview because of how tight Bronco builds are. You can modify prior to and Ford has encouraged us to have conversations with our customers about dropping some items. 4495 is one that got previewed and pulled as soon as top was changed and tow dropped. Only safe change after you are scheduled is color, according to my rep.

This is a very complicated dance they are doing. Only thing we can see is that it's preview day and number of allocated units they are trying to fill. We can then go in and see who they are, what they are then pull time stamp list to see where they fall. As far as the recipe of the month, we get no soup.

My last preview was for 5 units, the original 5th on Tuesday dropped off and replaced by 4495 after tow was dropped. So far all of my 7 retail orders are pretty much in time stamp order. They are a mix of 2 and 4 door, soft and hard tops, small and big engine, auto and manual, Base, BB, OB, BL, one Lux, no SAS, some tow, high to std trim packages. If you had a Base 4 door with auto and 2.3, soft top and standard, mid or high trim and low reservation number, chances of getting previewed are probably really high.

Hope my rambling kinda, sorta made sense. Bottom line, we can see preview when it happens but don't have a clue as to what went into the specific reasons behind why or why some fall off. You can make some educated guesses by never get an explanation from Ford.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
*puts on a tin foil hat and starts a new conspiracy*

Floor mats most definitely pushed a build to the front of the line...
So, I'm a Ford manager/accountant and see we're bleeding money currently on the Bronco. It wouldn't be hard at all to tweak the algorithm to first select all possible builds we have the parts for then filter for those that include the most additional add-on money makers...

Or maybe humans like to see patterns in random things.

🤔

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If y'all need anything more to worry about, I'd guess the WBDO system is administered by the same folks who ran the Web Based Reservation system on July 13, 2020.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If y'all need anything more to worry about, I'd guess the WBDO system is administered by the same folks who ran the Web Based Reservation system on July 13, 2020.
but the rock stars are on top of it.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, I guess I’m going to have to reveal my ignorance here:
- I got my dealer, long ago, to email me a copy of what y’all are describing as WBDO.
- short of my dealer updating me (not holding my breath), is there a way to check the status for the mysterious “preview”?

……keep it simple, I matured well before the days of the InterWeb.​

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, I guess I’m going to have to reveal my ignorance here:
- I got my dealer, long ago, to email me a copy of what y’all are describing as WBDO.
- short of my dealer updating me (not holding my breath), is there a way to check the status for the mysterious “preview”?
……keep it simple, I matured well before the days of the InterWeb.​
Not unless you want to bug the heck out of your dealer every week. Preview only means they might schedule your vehicle. If you never get previewed or scheduled it means your order is not buildable for any number of reasons. Right now it will be 2 door and hard top. The only thing that really matters is that email from Ford on Thursdays, everything else is just an emotional roller coaster ride until then.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. It is a dealer system, not a customer facing system. Web Based Dealer Ordering.

I can't think of a legit reason you would need to know if your vehicle preview. If it previews on Tuesday and schedules on Thursday, you found out two days later for a vehicle that will be produced in 60ish days. If it previews and doesn't pick up on Thursday, then you saved yourself some angst.

If you want to check with your dealer every week or every day, maybe they will work with you.
Finally, a substantive answer. Thanks.
So I guess those who speak of “previews” are hearing from their dealers…..again, not holding MY (or my friend’s) breath.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The last thing I would worry about is if my build is being previewed. I certainly wouldn't be driving my dealer crazy over it ever Tuesday. The dealers we do have here have said it changes and is meaningless until the Thursday queues come up.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, I'm a Ford manager/accountant and see we're bleeding money currently on the Bronco. It wouldn't be hard at all to tweak the algorithm to first select all possible builds we have the parts for then filter for those that include the most additional add-on money makers...

Or maybe humans like to see patterns in random things.

🤔
Thanks for confirming you only care about the builds that make you the most money...
Sponsored