6 year loans "average" now

HoosierDaddy

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 1968 Bronco, 2010 Legacy GT 1985 M1028 (Chevy
Vehicle Showcase
let alone the mechanical know how to repair something as simple as wiper blades.
Gott damm 2012 Escape my parents have KICKED my ass trying to change those out this winter. LOL
Goofy-ist freaking wiper arms I've ever seen.
It may have been the replacement blades were not compatible.
I dunno, neither one of us could figure it out and my hands were seriously painfully cold.

Advertisement

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis, 2017 Honda Civic, 2019.5 Chevy Silverado
I ALWAYS will buy used. 2 years old with 30-40k miles with warranty. Low interest and 5 year loan.
I always get good deals.
450$ a month for 5 years on a 25k car or
$560 on a new car for 6 years at 37k

BroncoBoy22

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Like I mentioned, you're in a much better financial position than your average buyer. At any point if you can pay the note in full, then yes, borrowing X amount of money at 0% and you're still experiencing positive returns on your investments then you're ahead.
Agreed, I’m in the same boat as Drew. Only because currently I’m not married with zero kids (hopefully one day just not yet). And I’ll prob keep it until it falls apart like I’m doing with my stang. The longer they let me borrow the cash on zero interest the better for me.

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2016 Escape SE, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sahara
Gott damm 2012 Escape my parents have KICKED my ass trying to change those out this winter. LOL
Goofy-ist freaking wiper arms I've ever seen.
It may have been the replacement blades were not compatible.
I dunno, neither one of us could figure it out and my hands were seriously painfully cold.
I hear you. Try Michelin blades, they're the easiest to install. Rain X or Bosch seem to have goofy adapters. Or just bite the bullet and pay $35 for a set of Motorcraft blades.

Carolina Jim

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
The longer they let me borrow the cash on zero interest the better for me
"Everything's relative" and "Only hindsight's 20-20".

Having said that, there's lottsa billionaires who only WISH they could get zero interest on the money they DEPOSIT (they're mostly Europeans).

At the moment, interest on a risk-free 10 year DEPOSIT is: MINUS 0.006/7% in Germany, Japan, and UK. Meaning for every $1,000 you deposit you get back $993 in 10 years. Hell, even in the old' USofA you only get a Positive 0.737% return.

Who knows, NEGATIVE rates on a car loan someday? :)

Bronc-O

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
I hear you. Try Michelin blades, they're the easiest to install. Rain X or Bosch seem to have goofy adapters. Or just bite the bullet and pay $35 for a set of Motorcraft blades.
I buy the Motorcraft. It's not worth the aggravation to get just the refill.

emmanuilteleshev

First Name
Emmanuil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have the same issue... The running costs values include maintenance costs like servicing, repairs, tires, and lubrication, and fuel...I think you have to include all these expenses. But I was wondering if the loan may be considered as a running cost. Recently, I bought a new car, and as I didn't have enough money I took a loan from https://credit-10.com/fi/ . Now, I am paying it off. Anyway, I found this aCar app very useful, as it helps me to track and to manage all the expenses and to keep all under control.

Last edited:

93_SVT_3503

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Excursion, 1967 Bronco Halfcab, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967F250 Hiboy
I just picked up a '16 F150 Supercab 4x4 dirt cheap (150k miles). 5 yr loan has me at $200 payments. Bank even gave me a 3yr/36k mile powertrain warranty at half price. It was fleet maintained and one driver since new.
Weird XLT option package. Sync 3 (no nav), trailer pkg, backup cam, trailer backup assist, locking rear diff (3.31), skid plates, 36 gallon tank, center console - column shift, 7050#gvwr, power seats...

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2016 Escape SE, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sahara
I just picked up a '16 F150 Supercab 4x4 dirt cheap (150k miles). 5 yr loan has me at $200 payments. Bank even gave me a 3yr/36k mile powertrain warranty at half price. It was fleet maintained and one driver since new.
Weird XLT option package. Sync 3 (no nav), trailer pkg, backup cam, trailer backup assist, locking rear diff (3.31), skid plates, 36 gallon tank, center console - column shift, 7050#gvwr, power seats...
3.31 with Ext Range Tank should get you about 550-600 miles of cruising range. Can't beat that.

93_SVT_3503

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Made a 250 mile round trip last night to pick up a new set of wheels for it. Truck said it was averaging 20.8, but I've heard those aren't trustworthy. When I got home it was still over half a tank. I'm sure that will change when I swap out the 245/70/17s for 275/70/18s.

20200526_200642.jpg

I'm going for this look.

image_93fc3c8b8e107ba8a6a95b2f556ece35d2bd7f96.jpeg.jpg

93_SVT_3503

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hardly used takeoff wheels, plus $$ for trade in on those Goodyears, RC leveling kit, new TPMS, and new Toyo Open Country AT3's for $1600 altogether with installation. I like bargain shopping. Keeping the plain jane 17s in the garage for now.

BuckedOff-Road

First Name
Austin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
I have bought vehicles in the past that were on 60month loans and I will never do it again. 5 years is a long time and if I am being honest with myself, its not worth it. 84 months, I cannot imagine. Moving forward I will purchase vehicles that I can pay cash for. Now, as others have said, I have no problem with interest @ 0%, but only if I have the money in a cash inflow investment that I could liquidate if needed. The older I get (I'm 26), the more I realize that being debt free is the only way to live and prosper (for myself). Don't even get me started on Roth accounts, market investments, HSA, and real-estate. I don't count on social security and would prefer it be abolished in the future anyways.

All that to say, I don't care what you do with your money. It's all in the mindset.
-BOR

First Name
Clint
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior Edition
I have bought vehicles in the past that were on 60month loans and I will never do it again. 5 years is a long time and if I am being honest with myself, its not worth it. 84 months, I cannot imagine. Moving forward I will purchase vehicles that I can pay cash for. Now, as others have said, I have no problem with interest @ 0%, but only if I have the money in a cash inflow investment that I could liquidate if needed. The older I get (I'm 26), the more I realize that being debt free is the only way to live and prosper (for myself). Don't even get me started on Roth accounts, market investments, HSA, and real-estate. I don't count on social security and would prefer it be abolished in the future anyways.

All that to say, I don't care what you do with your money. It's all in the mindset.
-BOR
Jesus H, man... I’m 26 and I don’t even know how to spell half of what you just said. I have a pad, pen and a can do attitude just eager to hear you help me figure out how to pay cash for this machine we are speaking of.