First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Navigator, 79 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Base
2.7 engine. Went out to grab lunch and on the way home it sputtered while cruising at 50mph, but then was OK for next mile or so. Came to a stop light and went to go through intersection and it died. Coasted through and pulled over, put in park restarted, made it about a 1/2 mile and sputtered and died again, restarted made it another 1/2 mile or so and died again. Was able to make it another 1/2 mile to house (thankfully). Now if I start it, it will die almost right away. No codes at first, but now engine light on and these alerts have shown up. No issues before this. Ran great from picking up in SC and driving 8 hrs to central Florida and a few trips around town. Checked what I could for loose connections at battery and fuse blocks. Didn't see any wiring loose or hanging underneath. At the dealer now and to be looked at late tomorrow morning. Hoping it is not too bad. Dealer already warned us that they haven't worked on too many of these and it may take a while (Sweet!). In the short time we've had the Bronco, we do love it and hope this is just a small hiccup, albeit a bummer of a hiccup.
Ford Bronco 641 miles on 2.7 Bronco and here comes the tow truck Screenshot_20221208-141559_FordPass
Sponsored

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What was your build week?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dead fuel pump

Pretty well documented problem. It happens when you use the wrong wax.

OP
OP
B stands for Bronco...
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Navigator, 79 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Base
What was your build week?
Week of 9/12 (we got an email saying it would be pushed to 9/19, but following on the tracker my modules popped before that) blend 9/20

Sponsored
OP
OP
B stands for Bronco...
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Navigator, 79 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dead fuel pump

Pretty well documented problem. It happens when you use the wrong wax.
Was afraid of that, but the "electrical fault" part was throwing me off. Dang...I clay barred it and hand waxed with Mother's California Gold Pure Brazilian Carnuba paste.... is that the wrong one? šŸ˜•

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Let us know what they find out, but my guess is fuel pump as well.

And supposedly they need to replace the module in addition to the actual fuel pump.

OP
OP
B stands for Bronco...
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Navigator, 79 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, spoke to the dealer this afternoon and he informed me that it is an "electrical issue" and he basically had no idea how long it will take to diagnose. Stated that the bronco is "disabled" at this time. Restated that is a new to the market vehicle so they don't have a lot of experience with them yet. I asked if they deal with Ford directly for assistance in figuring it out and he said yes. Attached pic is of new alerts that popped up in Fordpass at 1:18 today as they must have been working on it. Will keep updated as I get updated.
Ford Bronco 641 miles on 2.7 Bronco and here comes the tow truck 20221209_210212

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So do all these alerts get created because one thing is wrong, like a bad fuel pump, etc. Did you try replacing the gas cap. 99% of the time I get all these code on the ole JK it's the fuel cap. In almost 14 years I have replaced 5 gas caps.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So do all these alerts get created because one thing is wrong, like a bad fuel pump, etc. Did you try replacing the gas cap. 99% of the time I get all these code on the ole JK it's the fuel cap. In almost 14 years I have replaced 5 gas caps.
We don't have gas caps.

Sponsored