Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I plan on eventually doing a Predator engine swap, on either my own Bronco or someone else's. this thread will be a information base for other who are interested to follow along this LENGTHY process.

The goal is simple, shoehorn in the 5.2 supercharged GT500 engine into a bronco. The fabrication and bults and nuts are the straightforward and fairly easy part to solve., HOWEVER the biggest hurtle to overcome is obviously mateing all the electronic wizardry in our broncos to the new 5.2 PCM . For this to work properly everything must work 100% OEM. The ABS system, power steering control module, transmission system, goat modes, and all the other systems must work in conjunction and have no codes or problems.

There will be plenty of folks that say it can't be done or why should it be done or it shouldn't be done or this is a dumb idea or whatever and that's fine everybody has their own opinion.

I have complete confidence that this can be completed as I have over 20 engine swaps under my belt and most of them are engines that were not designed to go into the vehicles that I stuffed them into. It will be easier with this experience.

My plan of attack is to get all of the modules working on a bench prior to even purchasing the engine. This will take time, research $$$ and lots of help from others as well.

I'll be adding pictures, comparisons measurements and tons of technical information in the near future.

If anyone else is also interested in doing this fantastic swap I would be interested in teaming up and sharing investments and resources.

Because this engine is now also offered in the f150 Raptor "R", many of the modules will be able to be re programed and asbuilts modified to work together with the Bronco.

guru automotive genius' like @Bmadda and parts gurus like @flip can hopefully chime in and add usefull information as this thread progesses. programming champs like @mpeugeot could chime in with ideas or theories as well. this will need to be a group effort to succeed.

I will be adding more information soon.

Ford Bronco 760hp 5.2 supercharged (GT500) Predator engine swap Bronco info thread Screenshot_20230919_141710_Chrome

Screenshot_20230921_112550_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow, extremely ambitious and cool. Great idea to team up with others. It might "take a village".

Ducksworth

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon, 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm always blown away and impressed by what you to with your bronco. I love that you are pushing the limits of what's possible. I'll be watching this thread for sure.

Good luck!

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The mad scientist is at it again...subscribed

Sponsored
OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

next on the list is f150 Raptor R VIN #1FTFW1RJ9PFA58836 and as builts....coming soon

Last edited:

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hold up for a few..... on my way out of state to get lotto. (no lotto in vegas)
😁

What an epic thread this is going to turn out to be!! Good luck with it all.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on eventually doing a Predator engine swap, on either my own Bronco or someone else's. this thread will be a information base for other who are interested to follow along this LENGTHY process.

The goal is simple, shoehorn in the 5.2 supercharged GT500 engine into a bronco. The fabrication and bults and nuts are the straightforward and fairly easy part to solve., HOWEVER the biggest hurtle to overcome is obviously mateing all the electronic wizardry in our broncos to the new 5.2 PCM . For this to work properly everything must work 100% OEM. The ABS system, power steering control module, transmission system, goat modes, and all the other systems must work in conjunction and have no codes or problems.

There will be plenty of folks that say it can't be done or why should it be done or it shouldn't be done or this is a dumb idea or whatever and that's fine everybody has their own opinion.

I have complete confidence that this can be completed as I have over 20 engine swaps under my belt and most of them are engines that were not designed to go into the vehicles that I stuffed them into. It will be easier with this experience.

My plan of attack is to get all of the modules working on a bench prior to even purchasing the engine. This will take time, research $$$ and lots of help from others as well.

I'll be adding pictures, comparisons measurements and tons of technical information in the near future.

If anyone else is also interested in doing this fantastic swap I would be interested in teaming up and sharing investments and resources.

Because this engine is now also offered in the f150 Raptor "R", many of the modules will be able to be re programed and asbuilts modified to work together with the Bronco.

guru automotive genius' like @Bmadda and parts gurus like @flip can hopefully chime in and add usefull information as this thread progesses. programming champs like @mpeugeot could chime in with ideas or theories as well. this will need to be a group effort to succeed.

I will be adding more information soon.

Ford Bronco 760hp 5.2 supercharged (GT500) Predator engine swap Bronco info thread Screenshot_20230921_111534_Chrome

Ford Bronco 760hp 5.2 supercharged (GT500) Predator engine swap Bronco info thread Screenshot_20230921_111534_Chrome
love this post. Good luck - it will take plenty of hard work and help from ford forums such as this to solve the electrical nightmare that is coming
Subscribed!

Sponsored
OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

we need someone to post a few pages of the wiring diagram from the "R" ....thanks.

and a few of the Broncos diagrams as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have measured the Predator engine at my local stealership in a gt500, It's wide, but with no turbos on the sides its doable. the oil cooler/filter has to be sourced from the "R" for FDU clearance.

Reactions: abe

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

we need someone to post a few pages of the wiring diagram from the "R" ....thanks.

and a few of the Broncos diagrams as well.
Here are all the diagrams for the 5.2 engine controls
Sponsored

Attachments